Listen A thread about real music

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I agree. Hip Hop is a form of art, great art! but technically lacks multiple traits as pure music. And even the traditional bands or musicians, they all seem to play something that's written over and over.
I like musicians like Jimi Hendrix, who I believe possesses all the qualities a musician can have. Hendrix is creating music every moment he plays something because he never plays it same twice. He's always in the moment, totally one with the music, creating as he goes. And that's how music should be played.

Beatles cover, he played this in the same week this song was released. Beatles were in the audience.

Hendrix was a god. There will never be another like him.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Hendrix was a god. There will never be another like him.
I gave some thoughts and did some research on why he was so good and no one even comes close, and lot of people say even if they tried everything, they never sound like him.

First, when he makes the mistakes he recovers quick and make it seem like it was all part of it. And he makes ton of mistakes.

Second, he doesn't memorize the exact notes to play, as long as he knows where the exact area to place his hands on the neck, he's on auto-pilot. He just lets his voodoo take over.

Lastly, he's a left handed guitar player, uses a guitar that's stringed backwards. All of his peers say he can play exactly same if he had used a right handed guitar which is crazy cuz he has to think backwards.
But he chooses to play on the left side. I think it has to do with the characteristics of the left-brain and the right-brain. Both side has premotor areas but the left-side premotor area keeps track of sequential patterns - words, symbols, ideas, pretty much all the complex arrangements. The right-side of the brain has the stronger creative area and musical characteristics. And these two-sides of the brain works criss-cross, left brain helps right side of the body and right brain helps left side of the body.

One of the most unorthodox thing about Hendrix is his rhythm, which is controlled by his right brain (the creative side). His rhythm is un-replicable. Something that most guitar players will play 18 notes in 1 bar, Hendrix makes into 36 notes in 1 bar to play his.

And his fingering is like a God's technique, and is controlled by the left-side of the brain, which is meant to move and process in a most intricate way.

Matter of fact, I think all of us are playing the guitar backwards.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Lastly, he's a left handed guitar player, uses a guitar that's stringed backwards.
He does use a righty guitar, but he strings it the other way. Any guitarist could use a guitar if it's strung the way he is accustomed to. There isn't any difference with the frets. The knobs and pickup switches will be upside down, but that isn't a huge deal. So him using a righty guitar isn't really that crazy.

Unless you believe the stories of him playing a righty guitar - strung for a righty - upside down as a lefty. Which would be mind-blowing. I've yet to see a video of this though.

Thicker strings on top. Just like it would be for a normal lefty guitar.

But if anyone could play it in reverse. This is your guy for sure.

Like if he actually played it like this:

FUCK.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
He does use a righty guitar, but he strings it the other way. Any guitarist could use a guitar if it's strung the way he is accustomed to. There isn't any difference with the frets. The knobs and pickup switches will be upside down, but that isn't a huge deal. So him using a righty guitar isn't really that crazy.

Unless you believe the stories of him playing a righty guitar - strung for a righty - upside down as a lefty. Which would be mind-blowing. I've yet to see a video of this though.

Thicker strings on top. Just like it would be for a normal lefty guitar.

But if anyone could play it in reverse. This is your guy for sure.

Like if he actually played it like this:

FUCK.
I did see in a documentary, I forgot who but another renowned guitarist confirmed this cuz Hendrix took someone else's guitar and played the exact same stuff he played with his regular lefty backward strings.

Hendrix was somewhat trained to do that though, his brother Leon said on an interview their Dad would whip Jimi's ass if he found him playing the guitar left-handed, so he must have kept a right stringed guitar all the time.

It was from a documentary called "Jimi Hendrix : The Guitar Hero", where other guitarist comes out praises the shit out of Hendrix. It's pretty cool docu, hosted by Slash, and features Clapton, Mick Taylor, Dave Mason, and many more who're all on Hendrix nuts.

Last edited:

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Gonna put DMX on at the pub.

I'm the youngest here by 10 years I'd guess