General A thread to discuss and follow the incoming inflation bomb

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016

FedEx stock has been getting hammered due to margin erosion. At the heart of this is higher wage rates due to the labor supply crunch.

To assure these losses don't continue, they announced increases of roughly 6% to 8% on deliveries.

Hmm.
Higher wages = Higher Prices ???

This is my shocked face:

FYI - UPS announces earnings on 10/26

Higher Wages?

Lol my buddy who works there was just complaining to me about workers only getting a 2% raise, despite big wigs coming in and giving speeches about record profits / numbers earlier in the year and telling them they were front line hero's...Buddy was pissed said he was going to UPS..?

Apparently the increase in wages was in Memphis at their central Hub where they are having troubles finding help mainly because Amazon build a massive facility next door and offered a starting wage nearly matching a FedEx Employee wage who had been working for FedEx for 10 years.

Explained to me that FedEx has an Express and a Ground network that they operate as separate entities...Yet have same uniform / same logo / colors.

Ground who handles the "majority" of FedEx Deliveries hires the contracted workers so they don't have to pay them benefits.

Sounds like FedEx is trying to Milk this Pandemic to the max by screwing the customer right before Christmas arrives...

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
"How can anyone survive without paying slave wages????!???" - Hauler @Hauler
Never said that. At all.

I said any margin erosion would be recovered by passing it on to the end user. Businesses - especially ones that are publicly traded - can't afford to take a step back

I can't remember who said I was full of shit when I predicted that.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Higher Wages?

Lol my buddy who works there was just complaining to me about workers only getting a 2% raise, despite big wigs coming in and giving speeches about record profits / numbers earlier in the year and telling them they were front line hero's...Buddy was pissed said he was going to UPS..?

Apparently the increase in wages was in Memphis at their central Hub where they are having troubles finding help mainly because Amazon build a massive facility next door and offered a starting wage nearly matching a FedEx Employee wage who had been working for FedEx for 10 years.

Explained to me that FedEx has an Express and a Ground network that they operate as separate entities...Yet have same uniform / same logo / colors.

Ground who handles the "majority" of FedEx Deliveries hires the contracted workers so they don't have to pay them benefits.

Sounds like FedEx is trying to Milk this Pandemic to the max by screwing the customer right before Christmas arrives...
"Higher wages" could also mean outsourced deliveries/drivers.

I have no allegiance to FedEx - Just passing on some info to the inflation thread.

LOL @ bragging about record profits and giving workers an amount that won't even cover the cost of living hit we all have coming our way. That's severely missing the temperature of the room.

If you are going to brag about record profits, your next sentence should be about profit sharing. Or a retention bonus. Something. Not an extra $5/day.

Last edited:

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
Don't worry. I'm sure this won't effect the people controlling our pretend economy.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Shipping charge for a container full of Christmas joy from China was $6500.

Now it is $30,000

Screenshot_20211020-093451_Chrome.jpg