All Elite Wrestling is confirmed thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
I thought you guys might be interested in this.
I was asked about the clickbait newz site report about Brock negotiating with AEW (that took part of Meltzers audio out of context) ...

Here is what I wrote on SD:

AEW is owned by Tony Khan. Tony has been a Meltzer contributor for over a decade. Dave did not even know his family were billionaires. Khan would give him house show results & news from Florida.
TYB & Cody are obv good friends with Dave
Jericho is good friends with Dave
The guy acting as CFO for Khan is Chris Harrington, who I know & has been a HUGE supporter of any financial media I have done & wrote me a really great email on my last piece

Jericho is 100% about creating a buzz
He tweeted negatively about Brock the other day & then took it down because he knew it would get people talking.
When asked about Dave said he did that to create a buzz & would love Brock to do a shot with him at AEW
Then Dave was asked if he thought AEW would make a serious offer & he said they will make one & Brock would be stupid not to use that to negotiate with UFC & WWE & Brock is not stupid
Then he kidded about Heyman being in a 3-way dance now (Heyman created that term)

In closing ...
Brock is with WWE through Mania officially & then WWE has a Saudi show after that Brock will get a huge offer for (like last year)
So expect Brock to use WWE, UFC & now AEW to make him more money

FEEL FREE TO READ BETWEEN THE LINES

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Young Bucks invite Pentagon Jr. & Fenix to AEW
Pentagon Jr. and Rey Fenix appear to be associated with AEW in some form after the Young Bucks made them an offer during a McAloon Productions show in Georgia last night.

After Fenix and Pentagon Jr. defeated Christopher Daniels and Frankie Kazarian in the main event, The Young Bucks came out and put them over, saying they were the second best tag team in the world, which the two didn’t like. Matt said that if they wanted to prove they were the best, they should join AEW.

Instead of contracts, both Bucks extended their hands, looking for a handshake. Fenix and Pentagon were considering accepting when a group of enhancement talent came in and started to attack everyone. With SCU’s help, they were all dispatched. Once everything was finished, they did end up shaking the Young Bucks’ hands.

Chris Jericho posted on Twitter that he's heard Pentagon and Fenix had signed an exclusive deal with AEW, but that doesn’t appear to be the case. They still have three seasons left in their Lucha Underground contract, but have been allowed to work other promotions including AAA, CMLL, MLW and Impact.

Dave Meltzer is reporting that they would need permission from Lucha Underground to work Double or Nothing but doesn’t expect there to be any issue with them working the show. They are currently on hiatus, with no word of a new season.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
BIG NEWS
AEW has two TV offers that are on big stations and better deals than any company since WCW (non WWE) had.

Finally an alternative to WWE

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Looks like the Bucks and Cody/Brandi will be at the Super Bowl tonight. Using that NFL Team owners Contacts no doubt. Good to see these guys are getting to live the life of Rock Stars.

ShakaSway

The Unintentional Voice of Reason
Oct 18, 2015
BIG NEWS
AEW has two TV offers that are on big stations and better deals than any company since WCW (non WWE) had.

Finally an alternative to WWE
Thats grand news, but would like to give NJPW credit for being a great alternative as well. NJPW World has been a valid purchase on this end.

Should be fun as this all unfolds

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Yep
The quality of the TV deal was the big thing to se.
Hearing it is a better deal than TNA/Spike is huge
My internet is down, so I'm lost a bit. I appreciate the info. And rumors on which station? And is Tuesday night's, still the goal ?

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
My internet is down, so I'm lost a bit. I appreciate the info. And rumors on which station? And is Tuesday night's, still the goal ?
I like spreading the news
I left off it was from meltzers overnight audio.
I was on my phone in bed so typed fast when I heard it.

No mention of who & what night.

Just they are big stations & deals.
Alvarez asked "bigger than Spike/TNA?" & he said yes

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Oh ...
A good guess is one station being a Turner one
AEW personnel were in Atlanta Saturday & Dave said there was a meeting about a TV deal on Sat but did not mention Turner

but its obvious they were in Atl

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
So Sting will be at Starcast. Would like to see him and Cody have a match.

*Huge Sting mark here

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Going to be a 20k(14k) person sell out!!

I didn't go to college guys!! Funny BTE moment

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Kenny to Meltzer
The other two companies (AEW & WWE) were more excited to have me than NJPW.

So it looks like WWE did indeed make a big play

Kenny also added that that WWE controlling everything he did was a key.
He said WWE is great and they made a huge offer & there are a lot of guys there he wants to work with, but creatively AEW was the choice

He added that he is allowed to do NJPW if he wants as well

Last edited:

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
In an interview with Meltzer, Kenny said he almost went into MMA.
He said he was into wrestler & was curious about Shamrock/Severen so he looked at early UFC's & hated it.
He told an MMA friend that turned him onto Pride & guys like Sakuraba & fell in love with Pride.
When he left WWE developmental, he decided to train MMA & it came to a decision between MMA & Pro Wrestling & he hated the weight cutting & felt unhealthy, so the decision was easy.

He didn't say this on the Meltzer interview, but the story goes ...
Regarding WWE developmental, he hated Demott, Hamilton & Holly (who were in charge at Deep South Wrestling) & learned nothing.
So knowing WWE was a dead end, he tried MMA

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Listening to Tony Khan with Meltzer.
Anybody thinking he is a money mark is wrong.
He has a really great view of things

Best part so far is he said he did not have to do this, but wanted to.
He said there was a small window where a bunch of talent was available so he wanted to do it now
He mentioned a big focus on Tag Teams

He also has final say on hiring, but trust The Elite completely.

He also is the owner of the #1 sports analytics company and said he been reading Dave's business info as well as Chris Harrington.

Chris is great and he has emailed me to put over my business analyzing.
So I am hurting my arm patting myself on my back

Last edited:

Bozy

OOHH YOU DIDNT KNOW!?
Feb 22, 2015
Listening to Tony Khan with Meltzer.
Anybody thinking he is a money mark is wrong.
He has a really great view of things

Best part so far is he said he did not have to do this, but wanted to.
He said there was a small window where a bunch of talent was available so he wanted to do it now
He mentioned a big focus on Tag Teams

He also has final say on hiring, but trust The Elite completely.

He also is the owner of the #1 sports analytics company and said he been reading Dave's business info as well as Chris Harrington.

Chris is great and he has emailed me to put over my business analyzing.
So I am hurting my arm patting myself on my back
Congrats man. Info is definitely one of your strongest attributes. Or at least how you come across on a online forum haha.

FrankieNYC

"My balls was hot!"
Aug 13, 2017
Congrats man. Info is definitely one of your strongest attributes. Or at least how you come across on a online forum haha.
Ha
Nothing really to congratulate me about
Chris (who is taking on the CFO type role for AEW) was someone I used to go back & forth with about WWE financials. he admitted he didn't follow MMA so he commented on how I break everything down & explain things.

Great guy.