Society All things weed related.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Oh yes, the western states all pursued real legalization ie legalization of the existing industry. enabling those folks to produce real cannabis legally. Trudie's faux legalization actually hyper criminalizes the existing industry with draconian 14 year prison sentences (murderers don't get 14 years in Canada remember) while handing over a legal monopoly of very low quality product to certain key ex police chiefs and Liberal party insiders.The Liberals have always had a very corrupt, banana republic style of governance and Trudie continues in that tradition.

Man....I really had no idea it was that fucked up. I had a way incorrect vision of the BC bud situation. In my mind, BC = O G Kind Bud Capital of North America.

Thanks for the information, and you too jason73 @jason73. While I had imagined it otherwise, I can see the picture now. What a god damn mess.

Texas is pretty draconian as well. People get some harsh sentences here for pot charges. It’s gotten better, and both cops and judges have some freedom to make things better or worse, but some crazy shit still happens. Austin decriminalized under 2 oz, but that’s just a city ordinance (ie step outside of the ETJ and rules are different), and it only applies to flower. Edibles or concentrate = automatic felony. A felony charge because of a silly little vape pen would completely fuck my career/business as I maintain TX professional license for the kind of work I do (a felony would be reported and I would have to go before a board to determine if I lose my license). That’s a situation I must avoid, but it’s unreasonable IMO

I don’t have immediate plans, but if weed is ever legal here, it will be years from now and I will likely have moved on to greener pastures :D (the wife and I have aspirations to move to CO. As soon as she becomes rich we’re moving ;)).

Last edited:

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Damn that's cheap. Over production?

That happened in Oregon a year or so back, weed was super cheap because they had such a huge surplus and had to keep it moving. What a terrible problem to have :D
still going on
I threw some old bud on the BBQ after I cooked some lamb last night just to laugh and watch it burn

Not even sure surplus is the right word to describe how much cannabis is in this state now

2 dollar gram signs all over town

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
In my mind, BC = Grindr Kind Bud Capital of North America.
this is very much still true. it is just on the black market. legalization has actually been a step backwards for BC. it has been a vast improvement if you live in manitoba or newfoundland. BC had cannabis cafes and dispensaries since the late 80s. they are all illegal now. there is still a thriving black market and most of the dispensaries have moved from being brick and mortar to an online website. eventually the cafes will come back as each province has their own set of rules as how legalization is implemented . there is a push for craft marijuana to become an industry in BC much as it is for wine here. there will always be the market for top quality buds and the LP (licenced producer) weed that comes from the govt has a max level of thc .the problem with our system is it is run by the BC liquor control board and run exactly the same way as the govt liquor stores. they allow independent stores but they can only buy stock from the bc liquor control warehouse so no store has items that the others do not. they also have a price set by the BCLB. it is such a mess of monopolization, bureaucracy and govt control it is not even funny. the govt weed is so hard to even get your hands on that almost nobody in BC even bothers with it at all

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
this is very much still true. it is just on the black market. legalization has actually been a step backwards for BC. it has been a vast improvement if you live in manitoba or newfoundland. BC had cannabis cafes and dispensaries since the late 80s. they are all illegal now. there is still a thriving black market and most of the dispensaries have moved from being brick and mortar to an online website. eventually the cafes will come back as each province has their own set of rules as how legalization is implemented . there is a push for craft marijuana to become an industry in BC much as it is for wine here. there will always be the market for top quality buds and the LP (licenced producer) weed that comes from the govt has a max level of thc .the problem with our system is it is run by the BC liquor control board and run exactly the same way as the govt liquor stores. they allow independent stores but they can only buy stock from the bc liquor control warehouse so no store has items that the others do not. they also have a price set by the BCLB. it is such a mess of monopolization, bureaucracy and govt control it is not even funny. the govt weed is so hard to even get your hands on that almost nobody in BC even bothers with it at all[/QUOTE
Blows my mind how backwards that is. And that’s coming from a Texan loL

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Blows my mind how backwards that is. And that’s coming from a Texan loL
it is so ass backward that we are almost a year into legalization and hundreds of people are still waiting for the govt to approve their licences to even open stores. for the first 6 months the entire province had 1 store in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. none in vancover ,none in victoria or kelowna. just now are the stores starting to open up. i live in a small town across the lake from kelowna. they are opening 7 stores in our community of 35k ppl and 10 across the lake. there is no way the market can bare 17 stores.the govt did everything in the most difficult way possible . i read that the ontario govt actually lost money selling weed this year
The Ontario Cannabis Store Is Set To Lose $8 Million Dollars Of The Province’s MoneyThe Ontario Cannabis Store Is Set To Lose $8 Million Dollars Of The Province’s Money
all they had to do was copy whatever colorado,californis or oregon has already done. there was no need to make everything so complicated and expensive. what megatherium @Megaterio Llamas was getting at above is that a lot of people who are in charge of the actual LP grow companies are former Liberal party insiders and former RCMP brass .they made sure that the right people were going to profit off of this before they rolled out legalization

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
  • Chuck Rifici, is currently the CFO of the Liberal Party of Canada. – founder and former CEO of Tweed
  • Mark Zekulin, CEO of Tweed – former senior adviser to former Ontario finance minister Dwight Duncan
  • Norman Inkster, Independent Director at Mettrum – former head of the RCMP
  • Dr. Joshua Tepper, Independent Director at Mettrum – formerly Assistant Deputy Minister at the Ministry of Health , Senior Medical Officer for Health Canada,
  • Tom Shipley, Director of Quality Assurance, Tweed – formerly worked on toxicology research, while at Health Canada,
  • Mike Harcourt, Chairman of True Leaf Medicine Inc – former B.C. Premier
  • Kash Heed, strategic consultant with National Green BioMed – Former B.C. Solicitor General and former West Vancouver police chief
  • Herb Dhaliwal, Chairman, National Green BioMed – former Vancouver MP and federal cabinet minister.
  • Neil Belot, Board of Directors for Aurora – was a public servant in several ministries within the Ontario government
  • Brian Wagner, Company founder and CEO of NHP Consulting (consults for prospective LP’s) – Brian was invited to play a strong role in Health Canada’s Program Advisory Committee
  • Tim Humberstone, ABcann Director / Senior Person in Charge – former twenty year member of the RCMP included roles in Municipal/Federal Drug Enforcement and with the Joint Forces Organized Crime Agency. Tim has also received extensive training by the RCMP in providing expert court opinion in the fields of cannabis trafficking and production techniques.
  • Ivan Vrana, founder of Aslan Ross Consulting / speaker mmpr summit – Previously Mr. Vrána worked for the Federal Government for over 15 years. He worked at the Patented Medicine Prices Review Board, Finance Canada and in various senior policy positions at Health Canada. At Health Canada he was in charge of the team that developed the policy rationale which led to the implementation of the Marihuana for Medical Purposes Regulations. Mr. Vrána is also a regular Lecturer at both Carleton and Concordia universities and teaches a course that examines the internal communication tools governments use to development and implement public policy.
  • Sandy Pratt, Chief Financial Officer, Emerald Health – Worked at Deloitte (auditing firm involved in the senate scandal), Vice President of Business Development and Executive Financial Officer of the Royal British Columbia Museum, a Crown corporation.
  • Shane Morris, VP, Scientific Affairs and Stakeholder Relations Hydropothecary CEO (now Canadian Cannabis Corp.) – Since 2000 Shane has been in a range of leadership roles within the Federal Government, from Treasury Board of Canada’s senior advisor (Cabinet Operations) on regulatory affairs to director of policy leadership and Reporting for Resources Canada’s major projects management office.
  • George Smitherman, THC BioMed – former Ontario Liberal Deputy Premier with more than 30 years in public policy fields at the Municipal, Provincial and Federal Level, where roles as Senior Advisor, Minister of Energy and Infrastructure and Ontario’s Minister of Health were held.
  • Jake Ryan, Director of Security: Tilray – former RCMP Intelligence Officer and federal criminal investigator overseeing all aspects of Tilray’s security protocols and operations.
  • Ernie Eves, Chairman, Timeless Herbal Care, a Jamaican medical marijuana company – former Progressive Conservative premier of Ontario
  • Kim Derry, a promoter of marijuana facility THC Meds Ontario Inc. – Deputy chief of the Toronto Police Service under Mr. Blair.
  • John Reynolds, advisor to Vodis Innovative Pharmaceuticals Inc – former MP with the Progressive Conservative, Reform and Canadian Alliance parties
  • Senator Larry Campbell, advisor to Vodis Innovative Pharmaceuticals Inc. – former Royal Canadian Mounted Police officer and Vancouver mayor. And sitting Senator.
  • Barry Daniel, Wildflower’s head of security – Former Abbotsford police chief.
  • Cam Battley, Aurora Senior Vice President, Communications and Medical Affairs – Former Legislative Assistant to the Canadian Minister of Consumer and Corporate Affairs, where he was responsible for developing legislation and steering it through the House of Commons, as well as negotiating with Opposition parties and stakeholder groups.
  • John Turner, medicinal marijuana applicant in Ontario (With Kash Heed) – Former Prime Minister of Canada.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
it is so ass backward that we are almost a year into legalization and hundreds of people are still waiting for the govt to approve their licences to even open stores. for the first 6 months the entire province had 1 store in the middle of bumfuck nowhere. none in vancover ,none in victoria or kelowna. just now are the stores starting to open up. i live in a small town across the lake from kelowna. they are opening 7 stores in our community of 35k ppl and 10 across the lake. there is no way the market can bare 17 stores.the govt did everything in the most difficult way possible . i read that the ontario govt actually lost money selling weed this year
The Ontario Cannabis Store Is Set To Lose $8 Million Dollars Of The Province’s MoneyThe Ontario Cannabis Store Is Set To Lose $8 Million Dollars Of The Province’s Money
all they had to do was copy whatever colorado,californis or oregon has already done. there was no need to make everything so complicated and expensive. what megatherium @Megaterio Llamas was getting at above is that a lot of people who are in charge of the actual LP grow companies are former Liberal party insiders and former RCMP brass .they made sure that the right people were going to profit off of this before they rolled out legalization
Oregon legalized it and set limits on daily purchases...then figured out the rest later.

Not perfect in any way but it did kill the black market here in oregon

Twist is that with the huge surplus of quality bud many folks are running it to "dry" states...so the black market is stronger than ever in some ways if you are ambitious.

I really only wanted it to be legal for me to grow some in my backyard and give it away and cook/smoke it...so I am happy...I had helicopter hovering above my pad for a single plant one year lol

4 adult(flowering) plants at any given time is the limit here

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Oregon legalized it and set limits on daily purchases...then figured out the rest later.

Not perfect in any way but it did kill the black market here in oregon

Twist is that with the huge surplus of quality bud many folks are running it to "dry" states...so the black market is stronger than ever in some ways if you are ambitious.

I really only wanted it to be legal for me to grow some in my backyard and give it away and cook/smoke it...so I am happy...I had helicopter hovering above my pad for a single plant one year lol

4 adult(flowering) plants at any given time is the limit here
BC allows 4 plants and 30 grams on your person and you can smoke anywhere you can smoke a cigarette. you can possess 1000 grams in your home

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
a lot of people who are in charge of the actual LP grow companies are former Liberal party insiders and former RCMP brass .they made sure that the right people were going to profit off of this before they rolled out legalization
Which explains the rationale for increasing penalties for those caught working outside the legal regime from a slap on the wrist in pre 'legalization' times to kafkaesque 14 year prison sentences under the new 'legalization' scheme.

It's transparent case of increasing police budgets and spending more, not less as Trudeau promised on policing while taking care of police and Liberal party cronies. It's quite disgusting.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Which explains the rationale for increasing penalties for those caught working outside the legal regime from a slap on the wrist in pre 'legalization' times to kafkaesque 14 year prison sentences under the new 'legalization' scheme.

It's transparent case of increasing police budgets and spending more, not less as Trudeau promised on policing while taking care of police and Liberal party cronies. It's quite disgusting.
one of the big arguments for legalization was it was going to free up police resources and funding so they could concentrate on real crime. crime is out of control in BC with opiates and violence among the low level street people. they keep saying that there isnt enough cops or funding to do anything about it.well were did that money go and what are the cops doing now that they arent tying to bust kids from smoking a doob out behind the school.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
one of the big arguments for legalization was it was going to free up police resources and funding so they could concentrate on real crime. crime is out of control in BC with opiates and violence among the low level street people. they keep saying that there isnt enough cops or funding to do anything about it.well were did that money go and what are the cops doing now that they arent tying to bust kids from smoking a doob out behind the school.
the provinces are all losing millions selling weed and the legal producers are losing billions selling it. How is this shit show even possible?

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
leave it to the govt to lose money selling drugs . they say you could leave the govt in charge of the sahara desert and in 5 years they would be dead broke and out of sand

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
leave it to the govt to sell 700k a week in weed and find a way to lose money lol
lotta cooks in that kitchen

Cannabis is simple and that is the beauty of it

Govt gotta act a fool and complicate it

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
years ago i got a licence to purchase and possess marijuana from health canada. you could order once a month direct from health canada and they would mail you a coffee can of the worst looking mexican ditch weed you have ever seen grown in an abandoned mine in manitoba. they would grind it up before they shipped it and it would be full of stick and stems. pure garbage. then the govt decided to get out of the dope game. one of the main reason was that the govt of canada was acting as a drug dealer and Canada Post wasnt happy about being used as a courier. so now jump forward 15 years and you order your weed right from a govt website and Canada Post delivers it to your house

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
NDP had it right calling for decriminalization instead of legalization and predicted all these problems happening.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
NDP had it right calling for decriminalization instead of legalization and predicted all these problems happening.
Damned right. i tried to tell people this back then but I was drown out with '.but the Liberals are going to legalize marijuana;. Naturally they didn't read the actual cannabis act online.

But of course it's too late now. But hell yeah, Thomas Mulcair was the man with the perfect plan.

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
It was kind of frustrating at the time back in 2015. Freddie Pritchard was the only local Vancouver ,activist calling this thing out for what it was and all of the more powerful activists like Marc Emery were calling him a traitor to the movement and he was sort of ostracized for a while.Now they call him the swami.

And last I heard Marc Emery is set to join the sellout crowd and go work for an LP next month. Funny how things play out sometimes.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
years ago i got a licence to purchase and possess marijuana from health canada. you could order once a month direct from health canada and they would mail you a coffee can of the worst looking mexican ditch weed you have ever seen grown in an abandoned mine in manitoba. they would grind it up before they shipped it and it would be full of stick and stems. pure garbage. then the govt decided to get out of the dope game. one of the main reason was that the govt of canada was acting as a drug dealer and Canada Post wasnt happy about being used as a courier. so now jump forward 15 years and you order your weed right from a govt website and Canada Post delivers it to your house
sending ground up weed?
lol

megatherium

el rey del mambo
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
years ago i got a licence to purchase and possess marijuana from health canada. you could order once a month direct from health canada and they would mail you a coffee can of the worst looking mexican ditch weed you have ever seen grown in an abandoned mine in manitoba. they would grind it up before they shipped it and it would be full of stick and stems. pure garbage
Prairie Plant Systems right. Yeah, so I heard. The guy behind that is still involved in the legal regime and is a billionaire now i'm told.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
sending ground up weed?
lol
that is why we had dispensaries and compassion clubs for the last 20 years. people kept challenging the govt about fair access to quality marijuana for medical patients and they kind of let the compassion clubs slide f they flew under the radar. the weed the govt provided was about the same quality as mexican or cambodian brick. BC always let these things go .other provinces were more strict. the compassion club i joined back in the day had been operating since like 95 and it was never bothered by the city or police. they had to close down now due to legalization