Anyone live in SEATTLE or PORTLAND?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Cool- like I said, I'm looking for positions higher up in the graphic design field now, in either city. Housing seems to be cheaper in Portland, so that's my preference, but Seattle is still not completely unreasonable either. I'm sure it's about 2 years behind the bay in prices.

BJTT-Sgt606

borojunior's Master at Arms
Jul 21, 2015
I was in Seattle last week to install some store fixtures we built. I havent been in 8 years and I loved it. I have 4 really close friends in Portland and I love it there too. I probably wont move there, because my work and my family is in Wisco, but I will continue to travel there a few times per year.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm heading to Trout dale in the morning, just east of Portland. Where should I go for lunch?

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
I'm heading to Trout dale in the morning, just east of Portland. Where should I go for lunch?
There's a good diner at a truck stop that's just off I 84 by the outlet mall that's pretty good. I don't get out to troutdale that often.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Heck I'll eat in Portland or Vancouver.
What's good out there?
Well my favorite diner around here is a place called carols corner. It's on 78th St in Vancouver. HUGE portions and its tasty. Around $10-12 a plate.

Close to I 205 too.

There's a decent place called Elmer's as well directly off the offramp from 205.

I'm assuming you'll take 205 instead of I 5 since it would cut down on commute time.

Just across the bridge into Portland there's a huge shopping complex that's the first or 2nd exit after getting into Oregon. There's a BWW, BBQ places, and everything in between.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Damn still can't post pics. Anyways, tearing into a 12 egg omelette at carols corner now

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #FREECAIN
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I love the city of Seattle. History, scenery, and a genuine loyalty exists among the cities sports fans, camaraderie.
I like the music scene, groundedness, accessibility of our own "stars".
The minimum wage has consistently been higher than anyone in the United States.
Boeing, Microsoft, Amazon, Starbucks, Genie, blah blah blah have always kept a very high growth rate, good civil/social programs.
There simply is no shortage of work, ever.
If you have good work ethic and a brain, you simply cannot go hungry
Weed is legal, as it should be.
It's like a sister city to a big Japanese city, so that culture has migrated over, similar weather/region.
So there are tons of hot asians. Girls too;)
Best air on earth.
Best soil on earth.
Best water on earth.
Activities are endless. If you cannot fill your time you're a moron.
Fishing, hiking, camping, skiing, boating, hunting, personal liberty is good all the way around. Best summers in the world, incredible foliage, food naturally grows everywhere. Very fertile. Washington chronic is special. Salmon is the healthiest food on earth, along with apples/onions.....everything that is good for you is abundant.
Technologically proficient.
Open carry state, great gun laws.
Lots of resources.
Very mild weather in the west, more extreme in the east.
Surrounded by beauty, Olympics to the west w/the rainforest, Cascades to the east. Wildlife is great.
There are Eagles, Owls, bats, deer, coyote, hawks, deer, woodpeckers, fish, bears, otters, seals, Orcas, etc. everywhere around you. If you love the outdoors, this is it.
Much of this is the same in and around the northwest and Canada, and 20 minutes as the crow flies east or west of downtown.

Downs for me are the liberal agenda so prevalent.
It is the spirit of the area, and overeaching social programs have enabled entitlement and wefare, along with the elements that attracts. Lazy, fat people. Generally white girls here suck.
And I don't mean lack of swallowing, although that's an issue too.
The cost of living is high because of the overreaching social programs and corrupt political management, and taxes and over-regulation are a problem.
Police are a problem.
Although it's open carry, no one does, and non-violent crimes will remain unsolved.
Crime pays, so does insurance.
Fuck reading all that

WarPotato

Pretty cynical guy
Jun 25, 2015
Any reason you want to live in the city proper? You can live amongst the ruffians like me!!! I couldn't *live* in Seattle - well maybe in Georgetown or something. Those folks living near downtown or capitol hill are crazy.

WarPotato

Pretty cynical guy
Jun 25, 2015
You should just look into Medina. I was just there a few days ago for some inspections. It's really nice and quiet!