Can I start an awesome guitar thread?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
If you downtune to Korn levels then 7 strings still make sense. It doesn't have to be all about nu-metal.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
You mean the grip?
Yeah, I always found ut extremely odd that they'd just put a handle on a guitar.

Any thoughts on loopers? As someone that plays by themselves, I'm finding them increasingly appealing. I'm think the EHX 360 probably fits the bill.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yeah, I always found ut extremely odd that they'd just put a handle on a guitar.

Any thoughts on loopers? As someone that plays by themselves, I'm finding them increasingly appealing. I'm think the EHX 360 probably fits the bill.
I also primarily play guitar by myself, and have been thinking about a looper so I can work on noodling/soloing over loops I create. Interested in any looper info you guys have.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015

If you're a one man band or fucking around at home loopers are brilliant.

My friend here, he is literally a one man band. He's brilliant. He uses slapping the guitar as a drum, etc.

I know a bunch of people will find him "fa ggy" or whatever but I've known him for 2 years now and he's hugely talented.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
How many loops does it hold? I'm digging the 360 because it's reasonably inexpensive and holds 11 different loops. I've also had good luck with EHX stuff.
9. For $20 it's worth the punt.

I just had to look that up, it's been packed away for ages.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
When I go on Amazon and ook them up, I only see one for $50 that has a single 10 minute loop, and one that has 10 or 11, but it runs the same price as the EHX unit.
Agh. Don't know what else to say, friend. It was a long time ago I bought mine.

Only advice is mine is/was swell. But read dozens of reviews. I swear mine was only $20 but it was years ago.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Agh. Don't know what else to say, friend. It was a long time ago I bought mine.

Only advice is mine is/was swell. But read dozens of reviews. I swear mine was only $20 but it was years ago.
Oh, I believe you. Especially because I'm Canadian dollars and you'd have been USD. I can get a new EHX 360 Looper for around $100 USD, so I'll probably just end up doing that. I like the look of the Boss pedals, but they seem really basic.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Oh, I believe you. Especially because I'm Canadian dollars and you'd have been USD. I can get a new EHX 360 Looper for around $100 USD, so I'll probably just end up doing that. I like the look of the Boss pedals, but they seem really basic.
I'm dead excited. Just start at the very tiniest level and if you like it then go higher.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I'm dead excited. Just start at the very tiniest level and if you like it then go higher.
I'm still in the thinking stages. My child like excitement wants me to buy it right now, but I'm thinking I should take a few days to research them all a little better and make sure I'm spending my money wisely.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Welp, went to the local big box music store and bought an EHX 360 today. If was 15 bucks more to buy it new, and from a brick and mortar business. Their still a big business, but I like to support businesses that are in the community, it also means I got it today.

Anyone here know anything about building pedal boards?

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Welp, went to the local big box music store and bought an EHX 360 today. If was 15 bucks more to buy it new, and from a brick and mortar business. Their still a big business, but I like to support businesses that are in the community, it also means I got it today.

Anyone here know anything about building pedal boards?
I'm excited for you!! That's wicked, have some fun.
I try giving business to a local place who I've built up rapport with but their lead times are sometimes not manageable so I end up putting it through Guitar Center if I can't do it myself.

Grateful Dude

TMMAC Addict
May 30, 2016
Yeah, I'm looking for an opportunity to see him. As a Hendrix and SRV fan, I can't help but love his style.
I saw him a long time ago here in Austin, maybe 2005 or 6-ish. Whenever it was, it was prior to him becoming as big/famous as he is now. It has been a long time, but I remember it being really solid. SRV was obviously huge in Austin (they even have a statue of him downtown), and in his own way Gary has continued to carry that torch. This makes me realize I am overdue to see one of his shows again, and I'm sure he has continued to improve.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I saw him a long time ago here in Austin, maybe 2005 or 6-ish. Whenever it was, it was prior to him becoming as big/famous as he is now. It has been a long time, but I remember it being really solid. SRV was obviously huge in Austin (they even have a statue of him downtown), and in his own way Gary has continued to carry that torch. This makes me realize I am overdue to see one of his shows again, and I'm sure he has continued to improve.
I understand their cultural signiifcance, and I don't change the radio station if they come off, but I don't seek out the Beatles. That cover on the other hand, I've listened to that several times.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I understand their cultural signiifcance, and I don't change the radio station if they come off, but I don't seek out the Beatles. That cover on the other hand, I've listened to that several times.
My mum gave me her Sgt Peppers LP because she really didn't like it. It's the only Beatles album I actually like really, I'm not mad about them either.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Go pink or go home? Pink Jem hasn’t even been delivered yet and I already have a strap for it

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Plays a bit scratchy, the frets need working in a bit but I love the collie haha

bought a white Jem too which is used but the prat I bought it from didn’t put the trem in so I need to go to GC. Or sell it on. I don’t really like it