Society Canada BANS assault rifles

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
If they aren't harming others, I agree.
We got draconian measures in places that have zero change in death rate and very few "covid deaths"(whatever that means nowadays).
Hotlines for snitching on your neighbors that have too many people in their back yard.
Growing sentiment for a lockdown until a vaccine is magically conjured up for all to take.

Not sure what is going on in Texas, sounds a lot more normal and free to me.

What is going on over on this coast is pretty fucking bizarre and in my humble opinion way out of line with the constitution and the way America was designed to operate.

I absolutely respect freedom of speech and everybody has a right to an opinion, and the right to self preservation.

Last edited:

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Vitor29 @Vitor29

Earlier today, the Canadian Shooting Sports Association issued a statement alleging that our government is banning 12 and 10 gauge shotguns. This is absolutely incorrect and we will be reaching out to them to correct their misunderstanding.

Both 10 and 12 gauge shotguns are under the 20mm provision, and thus not subject to the prohibition. Our government is taking action to protect Canadians by banning assault-style weapons – not those used for hunting. The truth matters.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
When people get all up on freedom sometimes they forget that the freedom to throw their fist ends at the tip of someone else's nose.
how so?
Self defense is self defense and doesn't always end when a fist contacts a nose.

Assault is assault.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We got draconian measures in places that have zero change in death rate and very few "covid deaths"(whatever that means nowadays).
Hotlines for snitching on your neighbors that have too many people in their back yard.
Growing sentiment for a lockdown until a vaccine is magically conjured up for all to take.

Not sure what is going on in Texas, sounds a lot more normal and free to me.

What is going on over on this coast is pretty fucking bizarre and in my humble opinion way out of line with the constitution and the way America was designed to operate.

I absolutely respect freedom of speech and everybody has a right to an opinion, and the right to self preservation.
Snitches are unfortunately always going to be a thing, doesn't matter what country you are in and what political system they use.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Snitches are unfortunately always going to be a thing, doesn't matter what country you are in and what political system they use.
yes, I agree

Lotta scared people right now that are willing to give up every right and do whatever they are told.
Fear is a beast, and common sense and the constitution are taking a backseat to the Fear for a large chunk of the population in America at the moment sadly.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
It's just an expression.

Your personal right to freedom doesn't trump the freedoms (safety) of others.
fair enough
I respect your opinion

In a location with .0005% confirmed cases would you think not wearing a mask would be infringing on the safety of others?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Saw Billy posted that. Wonder if they'll change the language.
I don't know how much help Bill's tweet will be for someone who ends up on the wrong end of an exchange with an overzealous RCMP office if the actual wording isn't changed.
Want a little bit of insider information?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Hell yeah, doggy! Drop dat shit on me
The RCMP firearms program had no idea this OIC was coming and they're pissed at the LPC for undermining them. Remember "We're leaving classifications in the hands of the experts"? Yeah, that.

Now on the topic fo the 12 gauge thing. You know how the RCMP has a handful (I think it's even fewer than that) of people who fly around and testify about firearms operation at gun related trials?

Vitor29

Oct 24, 2015
The RCMP firearms program had no idea this OIC was coming and they're pissed at the LPC for undermining them. Remember "We're leaving classifications in the hands of the experts"? Yeah, that.

Now on the topic fo the 12 gauge thing. You know how the RCMP has a handful (I think it's even fewer than that) of people who fly around and testify about firearms operation at gun related trials?
I'm actually not surprised at that first part, it's good to hear that they're not impressed with these actions.

Second part, I wasn't aware of the RCMP team that testifies at trials. Please, continue

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Second part, I wasn't aware of the RCMP team that testifies at trials. Please, continue
I don't want to get right into it, but long story short, CSSA is trying to profiteer. A 12 gauge is a 12 gauge, they don't pull chokes out in order to make a liberal measurement. See what I did there?

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
No, you're being obtuse.
Not really, well maybe...I was exaggerating
I think some people really feel that way
Any timetable or goal for when masks can come off?
I think it should vary by region personally.
So is that because they've tested everyone or is that because you're dividing cases by population?
total population and confirmed cases
barely any tests here, but no rise in death, sick people, or anything abnormal.

I answered because you asked...you don't have to respond or anything
I value peoples opinions on the topic and all topics

enjoy your evening

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Any timetable or goal for when masks can come off?
It's complicated because people travel. We have communities with no cases in the province here wanting everything to be open. People in hot spots are very open about planning to go to those spots as soon as possible because everything is closed where they are.

Widespread testing needs to exist before things start back to normal.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Any stats to back that up or is this actually hyperbole?
I wasn't gonna post anymore on the topic because this thread isn't really about covid stuff but I will put in a spoiler

death = 110 with 85% having underlying issues
Pop is 4 Million

Lets get back to old trudy wants them semi autos

Last edited:

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I wasn't gonna post because this thread isn't really about covid stuff but

Pop is 4 Million
I wasn't gonna post because this thread isn't really about covid stuff but

Pop is 4 Million
K now give me the stats on how many people weren't infected or killed because of self isolation measures

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
K now give me the stats on how many people weren't infected or killed because of self isolation measures

The math should be pretty simple, ALL OF US

question doesn't really make sense because this area wasn't really self isolated...people were in a lot of contact and it has already started opening backup a bit.

U asked for data to back that number, I provided it

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The math should be pretty simple, ALL OF US

The second question doesn't really make sense because this area wasn't really self isolated...people were in a lot of contact and it has already started opening backup a bit...Some people will lose businesses and houses possibly and that will suck but past that I don't know.

I think your post is a Joke but I still wanted to answer for fun
You provided a chart for Emergency visits after I asked for stats regarding your claim of barely any tests here, but no rise in death, sick people, or anything abnormal.

Where is the data for test #'s, new cases, ICU cases, recoveries and deaths?

That data would be a lot more telling and would provide more evidence whether isolation has helped or not.

Rambo John J

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
You provided a chart for Emergency visits after I asked for stats regarding your claim of barely any tests here, but no rise in death, sick people, or anything abnormal.

Where is the data for test #'s, new cases, ICU cases, recoveries and deaths?

That data would be a lot more telling and would provide more evidence whether isolation has helped or not.
ok my bad, not trying to argue anything with ya
you asked for Data and I posted some from the latest release from the State
it is impossible to compare isolation to non isolation, you cannot have both sets of data on a single timeline....this is not an experiment that can be run again with different variables

110 deaths in 4 million is where I get the number
Oregon is the state if you want to look up more data