General Canada's House of Commons votes to legalize marijuana

Discussion in 'The Off-topic Lounge' started by MC Gusto, Jun 18, 2018.

1. MC Gusto

MC Gusto I bought a gun and chose drugs instead

Ratings:
    +9,381
    Canada's Illicit Cannabis Shops Are Thriving, A Month After Legalization

• Like Like x 2
  2. DiSmAnTLeR

DiSmAnTLeR Active Member

Ratings:
    +902

I’m getting at the fact that you can technically grow legally, but you really can’t grow four plants legally due to the fact that you cannot legally purchase the seeds that you are required to by the government in order to grow legally. In order to cultivate “black market” genetics, you must have a nursery license. Those four plants in your closet better have a tax stamp

Nursery - %

“A notable change in the Canadian regulatory system for 2018 is that “black market” genetics (i.e., plants and plant seeds) that are illegal will now be allowed to be brought into a newly licensed facility. The plants or plant materials must be brought into the facility on the first day of licensing, as a one-time influx of genetics. As this was not permitted under the previous regulations, this is seen by many to be a huge opportunity to welcome illegal growers into the new legal market. Note that this is not an allowance for existing licensed producers; it will only be permitted as a one-time allowance for new applicants.“

[​IMG]

3. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381
    Do you indulge?

How would the govt prove, short of a genetics test, the plants one had growing at home were not a result of seeds within one of their subpar products?

I get its highly unlikely and grasping at straws, but I think legally, its a solid argument if the RCMP came knocking at a Canadian's door.

With that said, yes, it is bullshit this law wasnt fully thought out and the legal avenues to a legal product are non existent to inefficient.

4. DiSmAnTLeR

DiSmAnTLeR Active Member

Ratings:
    +902

Right now, they could easily prove the fact that you didn’t purchase a tax stamped pack of seeds because they aren’t to market yet. Once seeds hit the market, then the legal issues begin. As well as seeds, what is to stop people from cloning? They haven’t written any legislation regarding it.

Can you legally grow your own pot? Yes – but no. At least for now. Here’s why

5. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381
    I was referring to the fact someone could claim the seed came within the product. It is not uncommon to get a random seed in your grass if its not to shelf stuff.

As for cloning, I dont think it is illegal, unless you are cloning plants that originated from illegal seeds.

But yes, without an official avenue to legal seeds, the who thing seems premature.

6. DiSmAnTLeR

DiSmAnTLeR Active Member

Ratings:
    +902
    They will probably try to prosecute people specifically for cloning or growing from untaxed seeds, hence the wording. Similar to how it is specifically illegal to use solvents now to make concentrates.

How do they possibly enforce it though? A guy could simply purchase tax stamped seeds one time and keep the packaging. Personally, I swore to never pay a penny to the Canadian Government for a product that I’ve been shit-kicked by the RCMP over. Especially when you follow the money and see who has invested in the industry.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/JodieEmery/status/942434747946373121

It’s a scam, people. They increased many of the penalties, walked all over the Charter of Rights and Freedoms in terms of probable cause, and made sure that their cronies were lined up to reap the benefits, while attempting to shut out activists that tirelessly worked for legalization like Marc and Jodie Emery, Dana Larsen, Rick Simpson, Grant Krieger, etc.

7. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381

I disagree. Cloning poses no threat to the public. Using solvents to make concentrates is highly dangerous.

I would be impossible to prove if a plant came from a clone or a seed.

8. DiSmAnTLeR

DiSmAnTLeR Active Member

Ratings:
    +902

Cloning poses a threat to their profits. There is a reason that their first stated goal in almost every press release is to “take money out of the hands of organized crime”. Making solvents is no more dangerous than a lot of risky behaviour that the government allow as long as you do it in a well ventilated area with no ignition sources present. There is probably a greater risk of injury from standing on the top two rings of a step ladder or driving on public roads after midnight.

What I am saying is that the onus will be on the accused to prove that they didn’t break the law. They have already stepped all over the highest document in the land to achieve their goals. The Criminal Code is child’s play compared to the Charter.

I am as aware as anyone on this forum of how impossible it would be to prove if a plant came from a clone or seed. They don’t need to worry about that though, if you are obligated to produce a tax stamp to prevent prosecution

#133 DiSmAnTLeR, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  9. DiSmAnTLeR

DiSmAnTLeR Active Member

Ratings:
    +902
    Edit

#134 DiSmAnTLeR, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  10. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381
    I get your point about wanting to control the market but I think it is unrealistic to think they will be testing plants genetics to determine if they are spawns of legal seeds or not. If you think someone is going to hold onto the tax stamps that come on the packaging for every plant grown, they are being delusional.

I dont see anywhere in the legislation the onus will be on the accused to prove their innocence.

And as for the quote above, I fully disagree, one should not be able to attempt to cook concentrates with solvents if they are not in a safe space to do so. We have seen many losers think they are chemists in local apartments or low income / condensed housing who have blown up or burnt down their housing in an attempt to make some concentrates w/ solvents.

One can choose to take the risk of working on a ladder or driving after midnight... one does not choose to live next door to some skid trying to cook up his own brew of shatter who then burns down the 4 plex they are living in.

11. DiSmAnTLeR

DiSmAnTLeR Active Member

Ratings:
    +902

I’ve never said that they will do genetic testing. I don’t see where you would get that impression from. That would be impractical. Presently, “An excise stamp must be present on all cannabis products that have been legally produced and are available for purchase.”

Excise duty framework for cannabis - Canada.ca

It’s not a stretch to assume that they could possibly extend that requirement to home grown as well. The whole point of the tax stamp is to prove that it was legally obtained. I would recommend holding onto all of them.

There is probably just as much risk of a skid burning down your fourplex with a incorrectly wired HPS/Metal Halide ballast (I’ve seen one go up in flames before when it was wired for 110 and the guy ran 220 through it) as using solvents, yet you can still grow indoors. I also made it quite clear that I was talking about safe practices when using solvents, such as proper ventilation and no ignition sources present. Regarding ballasts, I recommend placing a fan directly covering them to prevent excess heat buildup and installing a flame defender above them.

You can’t nerf the world. Somewhere in Alberta right now there is probably a redneck burning his house down because he accidently used to much gasoline in his firepit, or shot a couple pounds of tannerite on dry grass.

View: https://youtu.be/1n6j-w8jaxo

12. Lars

Lars Thor Shark

Ratings:
    +20,482
    I only burnt 2 units out of the four so it wasn’t that bad

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381
    Buying cannabis with a credit card? Why you should think about privacy

14. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381
    The level of stupidity for the BC website is stunning.

Why would anyone want to specifically want to buy something low CBD?

And yet you cant select high CBD?

[​IMG]

15. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381
    This shit is getting silly.

[​IMG]

$18 for a fatty?

16. BirdWatcher

BirdWatcher I've made the walk
    Admin First 100

Ratings:
    +50,775
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

High CBD is available too.

[​IMG]

17. MC Gusto

Ratings:
    +9,381
    Those Landrace joints are garbage. Poor quality, poor craftsmanship and even worse job in packaging. Those joints arrive falling apart, dry and loose.

I didnt say they didnt carry high CBD stuff. I said their website is a joke (search options - low cbd & other ineffective search filters), no one searches for strains that are low CBD specifically. Clear indicator the person making the website was clueless.

Draft saved Draft deleted