Canadians? Who ya got?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
i know several people who voted for conservatives on the grounds that the liberals are going to take our guns.i have no idea where they got it from
I actually had a friend who's a really informed voter tell me "I'm not voting Liberal, they want to bring the gun registry back" Lol

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Not surprising there was so much goddamn misinformation out there with the Conservatives taking the "Paul R. Nelson" approach to attack ads, especially in the last month or so trying to convince Canada's immigrants that the Liberals were going to have prostitutes roaming every neighbourhood and sell pot to 7 year olds.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
3h
  • wandfcCongratulations to my dear friend and great leader Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Your victory is Canada's victory.
    Parabéns ao meu amigo e grande líder novo Primeiro Ministro do Canadá Justin Trudeau. Sua vitória é uma vitória para todos os Canadenses.
    "Canadians from all across this great country sent a clear message tonight: it's time for a change in this country, a real change. And that a positive, optimistic, hopeful vision of public life isn't a naive dream, it can be a powerful force for change. All of our supporters had one thing in common, they care deeply about their families, their communities and their country. They believe that better is possible and that active citizens can play a real part in making it happen. You built this platform, you built this movement. You told us what you need to be successful, you told us what kind of government you want and we built the plan to make it happen. You told us about the kind of country you want to build and leave to your children. You will be at the heart of this new government. I know that I am on stage tonight for one reason and one reason only, because you put me here. I didn't make history tonight, you did."
    ~ Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
3h
  • wandfcCongratulations to my dear friend and great leader Prime Minister Justin Trudeau. Your victory is Canada's victory.
    Parabéns ao meu amigo e grande líder novo Primeiro Ministro do Canadá Justin Trudeau. Sua vitória é uma vitória para todos os Canadenses.
    "Canadians from all across this great country sent a clear message tonight: it's time for a change in this country, a real change. And that a positive, optimistic, hopeful vision of public life isn't a naive dream, it can be a powerful force for change. All of our supporters had one thing in common, they care deeply about their families, their communities and their country. They believe that better is possible and that active citizens can play a real part in making it happen. You built this platform, you built this movement. You told us what you need to be successful, you told us what kind of government you want and we built the plan to make it happen. You told us about the kind of country you want to build and leave to your children. You will be at the heart of this new government. I know that I am on stage tonight for one reason and one reason only, because you put me here. I didn't make history tonight, you did."
    ~ Prime Minister of Canada Justin Trudeau
So 6 months sprawl training and he fights Putin?

Spidermoore

Oct 19, 2015
I am not sure about TPP. I remember hearing a lot of doom and gloom about NAFTA back in the day, but I don't recall the vast majority of the doom and gloom coming true. I am sure there were industries and institutions that may have taken a hit over it, but overall, we as a country seem to be doing quite well in the time since NAFTA and increased competition is better for the consumer.

I really don't know specifics mind you, but it just hasn't seemed to have a negative impact.

I wonder about things like dairy regulation for example where we have a highly controlled product here which has an upside of almost guaranteed high quality, but the downside of very high prices.

I live in Winnipeg, and I know a lot of people that bring back cheese of all things when they take a trip down to Grand Forks or Fargo, ND because the price even after the dollar exchange is still less than half.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I am not sure about TPP. I remember hearing a lot of doom and gloom about NAFTA back in the day, but I don't recall the vast majority of the doom and gloom coming true.
all the manufacturing jobs left the country.at the time they said they would go to mexico but they ended up in china instead

Spidermoore

Oct 19, 2015
But manufacturing jobs leaving for China, was not really related to North American Free Trade Agreement then right?

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Just saw Jean Chretian last night saying that when he lived at 24 Sussex drive they had to have a pail out because water was always leaking in the house.

The plumbing and electricity havent been updated in decades and the walls contain asbestos. :fearful:

Vitor29

Oct 24, 2015
Voting Liberal, hoping to get Harper TF out of there. But in NL we hate Harper anyway. Hoping enough across Canada feel the same and his stint as PM is done-ski.
Whaddya at, ol' son? Ol' Paul Davis and his merry band of stinkwhistles are the next to get the ol' heave ho, me thinks.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Whaddya at, ol' son? Ol' Paul Davis and his merry band of stinkwhistles are the next to get the ol' heave ho, me thinks.
Yeah, Dwight Ball's got this by a landslide I think, even with the whole thing with his daughter shacking up with a murderer. Paul Davis is actually a great dude though. Dwight's good too.

Vitor29

Oct 24, 2015
Yeah, Dwight Ball's got this by a landslide I think, even with the whole thing with his daughter shacking up with a murderer. Paul Davis is actually a great dude though. Dwight's good too.
Problem is the PC's have been there waaayyyy too long and grew unbelievably arrogant, especially that arse-faced Steve Kent. He looks like the type of fella to suck a fart straight from an asshole and be proud of it.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Problem is the PC's have been there waaayyyy too long and grew unbelievably arrogant, especially that arse-faced Steve Kent. He looks like the type of fella to suck a fart straight from an asshole and be proud of it.
Haha yeah, I've got friends who have worked under Kent, he's a real dipshit by all accounts.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I wish him the best because when he does well we all do well. He's got his Majority, and I have to say his "dream team" looks damn good. Here's to him doing well for us and not f*cking up!

Spidermoore

Oct 19, 2015
I wish him the best too, but he is such a media darling and with a majority government, who is actually hold him to account? At least with Harper he started with minority governments, and the media always hated him so there were always negative stories undermining them. They got arrogant and it cost them big time but Trudeau is going to get a free pass for a long time it would seem. I hope he doesn't abuse it.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
But manufacturing jobs leaving for China, was not really related to North American Free Trade Agreement then right?
You are right.
Overall, Canada won with nafta.
Yes I remember clearly the opposition to nafta. A lot of doom. Same as the tpp.
And who was leading the charge against nafta? Ndp and to some extent the liberals.
The loss of manufacturing jobs has more to do with low wages in China than nafta. Hell, the whole industrial world moved their plants to China and not just Canad and the USA.
I expect the tpp to be beneficial for Canadians in the long run.