Canadians? Who ya got?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I don't even smoke pot, but I really hope they legalize it. The revenue from taxing it will have the government swimming in money, lol.
I don't use marihuana either but I agree. I hope they make it legal and tax the hell out of it so I won't get screwed so badly in new taxes.

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
You in a particularly high bracket?
Not at all.

The Libs have a history of increasing the small things, like they did in Ontario with Hydro. Do you think that hurts guys making 200K? They complain but it really hurts the low income family, the fixed income retired seniors etc.

But the kid has all the cards to make the changes he said he would. Let's hope he does. I wish him the best because if he does well, we'll all do well and that is the bottom line.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Not at all.

The Libs have a history of increasing the small things, like they did in Ontario with Hydro. Do you think that hurts guys making 200K? They complain but it really hurts the low income family, the fixed income retired seniors etc.

But the kid has all the cards to make the changes he said he would. Let's hope he does. I wish him the best because if he does well, we'll all do well and that is the bottom line.
As I've said before, time will tell. If the country continues its slide I'll happily vote him the fuck out in 4 years. I'm not quite sure why people get married to candidates "I love Harper" or "I hate Harper" instead of allowing results and plans to be the deciding factor, but "it is, what it is" as they say.

What I pray for more than anything is that next election the Conservatives will have learned their lesson about running nothing but smear ads and thinking the public won't notice that they didn't have any changes to offer them. Yesterday I'd have laughed at you if you said the Liberals would win a majority, but it turns out those apathetic people on social media really were tired of the negativity being pedaled by the Conservatives and decided to actually make their voices heard by getting out to the polls.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
They have pot vending machines in some places in Vancouver.

I could see that sweeping the nation.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015

We're also the only G7 country in a recession, so you know. There's that.
Sorry bro we are not in a recession. Sure we had some low stats showing signs of recession but we are not; it was debunked by a bunch of economists like what? The very same day or next day. But hey, the media had a field day with juicy headlines.
It was typical 'never let the facts get in the way of a good story/headline. '

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Sorry bro we are not in a recession. Sure we had some low stats showing signs of recession but we are not; it was debunked by a bunch of economists like what? The very same day or next day. But hey, the media had a field day with juicy headlines.
Shhh...it's Trudeaumania. Just cheer and hand over your paycheque.

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
I just wanna know how long it's going to take for him to put a brothel and a place that sells pot brownies in my neighbourhood.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I actually wasn't debunked by economists. It was debunked by Harper's fiscal team. "This isn't a reeeeeeal recession" was the company line.When Stats Can says it's a recession, it's a recession. It was up there with them saying they steered us clear of the 08 recession.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Not sure if serious, but if you are:

» Guns

There aren't any changes in there that effect anyone who owns NR, and nothing new for anyone who owns restricted.
i know several people who voted for conservatives on the grounds that the liberals are going to take our guns.i have no idea where they got it from

Ted Williams' head

It's freezing in here!
Sep 23, 2015
Probably going off of American politics where right wing conservatives are gun nuts and left wing liberals traditionally support stricter gun laws.

America's gun situation is a complete mess, I'm glad we don't have the same problem here. And I'm very pro gun.