Canadians? Who ya got?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

FeeO

You're all on steroids.
May 14, 2015
I saw some of that thinking by the Conservative gov here in Ottawa. They started slashing gov jobs left and right.

"These are redundant jobs, see ya later"

Um, now local unemployment is way up, those people aren't qualified to do anything else, you're not retraining them and the savings of those salaries to tax payers across the country is minimal at best.

"But tax cuts!!!!"
The bad thing is how well that sort of cull plays in the West. It's stupid, short-sighted and unethical, but all they have to imply is that Easterners are elitist parasites and the Conservative base eats it up, no matter that bureaucratic processes have since become a shambles that cost us all in the long run.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
The bad thing is how well that sort of cull plays in the West. It's stupid, short-sighted and unethical, but all they have to imply is that Easterners are elitist parasites and the Conservative base eats it up, no matter that bureaucratic processes have since become a shambles that cost us all in the long run.

but, but, but....taxes!!!

Apr 3, 2015
we are visiting my wifes uber conservative family in Alberta.

they are happy to be ruining canada, they have zero idea of what they are talking about and telling them different is impossible.

fucking idiots.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
we are visiting my wifes uber conservative family in Alberta.

they are happy to be ruining canada, they have zero idea of what they are talking about and telling them different is impossible.

fucking idiots.
I laugh at anyone who thinks there are "Conservatives" in Canada. Harper would be lucky to run as a democrat south of the border. It's going to be really funny if everyone who says "I'm moving to the states if the cons win again" actually do. They're in for a surprise when they get there.

Apr 3, 2015
I laugh at anyone who thinks there are "Conservatives" in Canada. Harper would be lucky to run as a democrat south of the border. It's going to be really funny if everyone who says "I'm moving to the states if the cons win again" actually do. They're in for a surprise when they get there.
not really man. America is actually more free than Canada. but 10 years ago not so much. Washington state is amazing and we would move there in a heartbeat. cheap land (land in canada is fucking disgustingly expensive), good pot laws, good scenery and outdoors activities. I live 20 minutes from the USA.

TheContinentalOp

Posting Machine
Mar 30, 2015
Anybody else think it's high time we abandon these political parties with fake ass 'leaders' and start a more citizen-involved democracy where we hold something like bi-weekly referendums on the issues that citizens then vote directly on. A small appointed group that changes every few years would be in charge of organizing the votes, then people can vote online or at libraries or designated voting stations. That way we cut out the middle man and truckloads of cash wasted on paying these crooks to do fuck all most of the time.

I've been ruminating about this for a while and think if it was presented in the right way and run properly it would be the way to go.

This way, the citizens of the country are directly involved with the policies and direction the country takes, rather than simply checking up on a few issues a week or two before the election day.

It would also get rid of the idiotic parties, where we have the majority of the country voting for their favourite colour no matter what and then a small minority actually does research into who is actually doing what. It would be one way to get rid of these bought-out, fake ass politicians and we can vote directly on what we believe in rather than voting on the least douchiest douche in the turd sandwich of most political debates.

The most common response I hear is that it's too dangerous to be tampered with but this shit is already happening anyway... see the article linked below or look at both of Bush's elections in the states for more on that....

Electoral fraud did take place in 2011 federal vote, judge rules | National Post

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
not really man. America is actually more free than Canada. but 10 years ago not so much. Washington state is amazing and we would move there in a heartbeat. cheap land (land in canada is fucking disgustingly expensive), good pot laws, good scenery and outdoors activities. I live 20 minutes from the USA.
If you think cheap land and good pot laws equal freedom, I encourage to enjoy your freedom.

lookoutawhale

Mammal of the Sea
Jan 20, 2015
Anybody else think it's high time we abandon these political parties with fake ass 'leaders' and start a more citizen-involved democracy where we hold something like bi-weekly referendums on the issues that citizens then vote directly on. A small appointed group that changes every few years would be in charge of organizing the votes, then people can vote online or at libraries or designated voting stations. That way we cut out the middle man and truckloads of cash wasted on paying these crooks to do fuck all most of the time.

I've been ruminating about this for a while and think if it was presented in the right way and run properly it would be the way to go.

This way, the citizens of the country are directly involved with the policies and direction the country takes, rather than simply checking up on a few issues a week or two before the election day.

It would also get rid of the idiotic parties, where we have the majority of the country voting for their favourite colour no matter what and then a small minority actually does research into who is actually doing what. It would be one way to get rid of these bought-out, fake ass politicians and we can vote directly on what we believe in rather than voting on the least douchiest douche in the turd sandwich of most political debates.

The most common response I hear is that it's too dangerous to be tampered with but this shit is already happening anyway... see the article linked below or look at both of Bush's elections in the states for more on that....

Electoral fraud did take place in 2011 federal vote, judge rules | National Post
I like the idea. I do think the party system is pretty wacky. Having people vote every few weeks might get difficult logistics wise. It would be cool if it was digital somehow like banking where you could vote on issues through the computer.

Lamont Cranston

Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
its because most people dont realize that harper is a criminal. or they realize it but are too chicken shit and stubborn to vote against him.

I HATE Harper with all my heart. and I hate anyone who votes for him.
Nice.

I'm voting for Harper.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Totally agree with you.
Been saying the same thing.

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
LOL @ any of you who think that any current party is better suited to run the country right now than the Conservatives.

How about you dirty whiny hippies go take a bath, put on some clean clothes, and understand that raising taxes does not create a fertile economy.

otaku1

TMMAC Addict
Jul 16, 2015
Sorry dude. You mean land is so expensive in Bc/Vancouver? I know plenty of places where land is worth next to nothing but do you want to live in the boonies?

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
LOL @ any of you who think that any current party is better suited to run the country right now than the Conservatives.

How about you dirty whiny hippies go take a bath, put on some clean clothes, and understand that raising taxes does not create a fertile economy.

We're also the only G7 country in a recession, so you know. There's that.

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015

We're also the only G7 country in a recession, so you know. There's that.
We're also at a point where we have the lowest federal taxes in the last 50 years, so you know, there's that.

When you take in less taxes and spend, it means you will run with less. Then you have to figure out how to put programs into place that are feasible economically. You also want private business to step in and start businesses that take the place of gov't run business because it creates more economic spin off.

Aside from the fact that this "recession" isn't what you think the bad word means, Trudeau wants to tax more and then spend it to try and spend our way out of a recession? Ha ha ha! He wants to also raid the CPP and hope to pay that money back at a later date. Don't even start on Trudeau's "legalizing marihuana" schtick because what he will do is start a "study" and it will never happen under his watch. Plus his bullsh*t stance on giving the middle class a break is no where near reality. The Canadian middle class is currently one of the richest middle classes in the world. Under the Cons a person earning 60K a year would get a 193 dollar tax cut while under the liberal plan the middle class would see a 1010 dollar INCREASE! (The NDP would be a 1513 dollar increase)

Speaking of that moron, Mulcair? That retard is currently screwing the taxpayer for lawyers to defend his decision to lend out office space, supplies, and manpower to his Union cronies and thinks he shouldn't have to pay back the 2.5 plus million dollars he stole from you while not even being a party in power! if this is how he thinks you should run a gov't then I wouldn't trust him to run a lemonade stand.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
We're also at a point where we have the lowest federal taxes in the last 50 years, so you know, there's that.

When you take in less taxes and spend, it means you will run with less. Then you have to figure out how to put programs into place that are feasible economically. You also want private business to step in and start businesses that take the place of gov't run business because it creates more economic spin off.

Aside from the fact that this "recession" isn't what you think the bad word means, Trudeau wants to tax more and then spend it to try and spend our way out of a recession? Ha ha ha! He wants to also raid the CPP and hope to pay that money back at a later date. Don't even start on Trudeau's "legalizing marihuana" schtick because what he will do is start a "study" and it will never happen under his watch. Plus his bullsh*t stance on giving the middle class a break is no where near reality. The Canadian middle class is currently one of the richest middle classes in the world. Under the Cons a person earning 60K a year would get a 193 dollar tax cut while under the liberal plan the middle class would see a 1010 dollar INCREASE! (The NDP would be a 1513 dollar increase)

Speaking of that moron, Mulcair? That retard is currently screwing the taxpayer for lawyers to defend his decision to lend out office space, supplies, and manpower to his Union cronies and thinks he shouldn't have to pay back the 2.5 plus million dollars he stole from you while not even being a party in power! if this is how he thinks you should run a gov't then I wouldn't trust him to run a lemonade stand.
Those minimal tax cuts have personally cost me thousands of dollars because the job cuts required to make them happen meant my clients no longer had jobs, or were scared they were about to lose them. Working citizens stabilize/grow an economy, not tax cuts. You can try to belittle everyone else as much as you want, but the country is getting worse and not better.

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i just got back from standing in line for almost 2 hours to cast my vote early so i dont have to do it after work on the 19th

jason73

Yuri Bezmenov was right
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i probably have tuberculosis now from all the old people coughing on me in that crowded hallway at the lions hall

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Those minimal tax cuts have personally cost me thousands of dollars because the job cuts required to make them happen meant my clients no longer had jobs, or were scared they were about to lose them. Working citizens stabilize/grow an economy, not tax cuts. You can try to belittle everyone else as much as you want, but the country is getting worse and not better.
You're right. Working citizens grow and economy. Tax increases kill jobs, wreck the economy, and they don't balance a budget. Of the big three, and I don't consider the Green party in there because they are just not big enough yet, only the Cons want you to have more money in your pocket and want private industry to replace gov't sponsored jobs.

It's the job of the gov't to create an atmosphere where jobs spring up. Not create jobs on the public dime. If you think that the Libs or the NDP won't screw you far harder by creating more taxes you're wrong. Sure they will spend more but they are taking more out of your pocket to spend.

At least the NDP understand there has to be some plan for the future. The Libs want to spend now and keep spending and "hope" to pay it back.

I'm not saying the Cons are perfect. I have issues with their platform as well but of all the parties put forward, they are the most logical stewards for the here and now. The whole "anyone but Harper" movement is about as retarded as an inbred monkey. What an uninformed childish idea that will see these same people complaining again in 4 years that the gov't THEY elected isn't doing what they want. Of course they are not. They didn't care who they elected.

Lamont Cranston

First 100
Jan 15, 2015
i just got back from standing in line for almost 2 hours to cast my vote early so i dont have to do it after work on the 19th
Thank you for voting. No matter what party you voted for, thank you for stepping up and making your voice heard.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You're right. Working citizens grow and economy. Tax increases kill jobs, wreck the economy, and they don't balance a budget..
I'd encourage to do more reading about the current economic state, and how we got there.