Chael Sonnen vs. Wanderlei Silva to headline Bellator PPV at MSG

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Haulport

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Uhhh, his last 3 fights earned fight of the night awards.
If you thought Wand looked good before he had the 3 year break then I don't know what to say to you...

He is 4-7 getting KO'd 4 times since Sep 2006 and a couple of those wins and decisions were wars (like the Chuck fight and the Stann fight) and he is 40 years old. He does not need to keep doing this. He is going to end up a retard.

Last edited:

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Wand-40
Chael- 39

Bisping- 38
Hendo- 46
GSP- 35
Vitor-39
Romero-39
Jacare-37
Anderson-41
And how many of those guys had a 3 year break where they were in a very serious accident? Wandy, God love him, should never fight again. I said it right after he KO'd Stann (as in seconds afterwards) that I hoped he would announce his retirement during the Joe Rogan interview.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
He is 4-7 getting KO'd 4 times since Sep 2006 and a couple of those wins and decisions were wars (like the Chuck fight and the Stann fight) and he is 40 years old.
And Sonnen is 1-4 in his last 5 fights without a single win post PED era. Sonnen is 39 years old but has the testosterone of an 8 year old girl. Sounds like good match making to me.

TheEmperorRises

Right click hospital, left click cemetery
Dec 4, 2015
And how many of those guys had a 3 year break where they were in a very serious accident? Wandy, God love him, should never fight again. I said it right after he KO'd Stann (as in seconds afterwards) that I hoped he would announce his retirement during the Joe Rogan interview.
GSP is over 3 years away from the sport at this point.

I'm sure Wand wouldn't be allowed in the cage if the injuries he sustained were career threatening. They wouldn't just go "So you feel ok?" and take his word for it. Plus- Sonnen isn't a KO artist. It's possible, just not very likely.

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Must be you missed kimbo dada
Not at all. They were both cleared to fight (probably shouldn't have been). But this fight (Chael vs Wanderlei) will be in New York. Kimbo vs Dada was in Houston. Huge difference.

Kingtony87

Batman
Feb 2, 2016
Not at all. They were both cleared to fight (probably shouldn't have been). But this fight (Chael vs Wanderlei) will be in New York. Kimbo vs Dada was in Houston. Huge difference.
There was a good deal of smoke and still is about forged medicals.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
GSP is over 3 years away from the sport at this point.

I'm sure Wand wouldn't be allowed in the cage if the injuries he sustained were career threatening. They wouldn't just go "So you feel ok?" and take his word for it. Plus- Sonnen isn't a KO artist. It's possible, just not very likely.
If you think Wand and GSP are at the same levels of good health you are nuts! Wandy has been brutally KO'd and been in so many wars (training and fights) it is ridiculous.

You people are either sadists who just want to see completely shot guys like Wandy and Shogun get more damaged or just completely retarded if you think that Chael and GSP are just as banged up...

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
If you think Wand and GSP are at the same levels of good health you are nuts! Wandy has been brutally KO'd and been in so many wars (training and fights) it is ridiculous.

You people are either sadists who just want to see completely shot guys like Wandy and Shogun get more damaged or just completely retarded if you think that Chael and GSP are just as banged up...
He's been knocked out exactly twice in the last 9 years.

But if it makes you feel better, Bellator can send him in like this

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
He's been knocked out exactly twice in the last 9 years.

But if it makes you feel better, Bellator can send him in like this

Since Sept. 2006 Wanderlei has been BRUTALLY KO'd four different times:

Crop Cop and Hendo in back-to-back fights only 5 months apart.
He had a WAR with Chuck between his KOs where he was wobbled a couple of times.
Then Rampage just 2 years later in Dec 2008 (a very said PRIDE fan night for a few reasons). Wandy not only looked slow as shit in that fight Rampage said he was much, much slower and easier to anticipate as compared to when he fought him in PRIDE.
Then 3 years later Leben K him TFO easily with an uppercut.

Wand is shot and you apparently enjoy watching people get crippled...

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Wand is shot and you apparently enjoy watching people get crippled...
Two things. 1) That's not for you to decide. He's a grown man, he's given his all for this sport, he's earned the right to decide when he's done. 2) The last time we saw him fight, he hit Brian Stann so hard that when he woke up he was in the announcers seat. He could easily do that to Chael.

Haulport

First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Two things. 1) That's not for you to decide. He's a grown man, he's given his all for this sport, he's earned the right to decide when he's done. 2) The last time we saw him fight, he hit Brian Stann so hard that when he woke up he was in the announcers seat. He could easily do that to Chael.
How exactly would I decide whether or not Wand fights? Am I his mother? His doctor? A Commissioner? Nope.

I can say that in my estimation he is shot to shit, has already shown some signs of brain damage and I don't want to see him fight ever again.

I can also say that you seem to enjoy watching fighters get brain damaged.

I can say whatever I want and, in this case (unlike when I declared myself Governor of the Northeast Region of the United States) I have facts to back me up : P

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Haven't read the thread, but have they set a price on the PPV yet? If they're smart they'd set it a bit low - say $30 - because a lot of people (casuals) proly won't pay $60 for something that doesn't have 'UFC' written on it, no matter who's headlining.

TheEmperorRises

Dec 4, 2015
Haven't read the thread, but have they set a price on the PPV yet? If they're smart they'd set it a bit low - say $30 - because a lot of people (casuals) proly won't pay $60 for something that doesn't have 'UFC' written on it, no matter who's headlining.
No pricing yet, but the card is already worth $60

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Bellator to promote separate PPV card as followup to Bellator 180 at MSG; Chandler-Primus title fight added

Bellator wants to create a distinct identity for its second pay-per-view event, so the Viacom-owned promotion is spinning off the pay portion of its June 24 event at Madison Square Garden in New York City.

A five-fight pay-per-view card will be branded as “Bellator: NYC,” which will air after a two-hour, four-fight card dubbed “Bellator 180” on Spike. A person with knowledge of the decision today confirmed the news to MMAjunkie. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because broadcast details are not yet public.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
No pricing yet, but the card is already worth $60
I agree, but a lot of the more casual folk out there probably don't. Bellator will need at least some of them to buy the ppv to get a respectable number of buys, so I think they might need to lower the price a little.If they can build their own brand a bit more then they can maybe up the price in future.