Comics Trivia Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Stickgrappler

Apr 17, 2015
The Rawhide Kid?
Good guess...

Rawhide Kid debuted in March 1955 but was written as gay in 2003 and 2010

--------

Sadly the character I'm thinking of may be a bit obscure and was a supporting character of one of the bigger indie books of the 1980's

P

Punch

Good guess...

Rawhide Kid debuted in March 1955 but was written as gay in 2003 and 2010

--------

Sadly the character I'm thinking of may be a bit obscure and was a supporting character of one of the bigger indie books of the 1980's
Those two guesses, wiccan and hulkling are the only openly gay characters i know of, so i'm tapped out.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
I know this because you posted about it somewhere else Stick, but I can't remember and I don't want to cheat by Googling. I feel like the character was from like Nexus or Badger or Jon Sable or something like that.

Stickgrappler

Apr 17, 2015
I know this because you posted about it somewhere else Stick, but I can't remember and I don't want to cheat by Googling. I feel like the character was from like Nexus or Badger or Jon Sable or something like that.
Good enough memory Knee, yes I posted elsewhere, Mike Grell's "Jon Sable, Freelance" from First Comics

Grey Adler is gay and a dancer in some Broadway show. Grey is the roommate of Myke Blackmon. Myke is the illustrator of Sable's day job of children's book author

I forget the issue of Grey's first appearance, but in Jon Sable, Freelance #15 (Aug 1984), Grey and Sable go on a 'date'... they run into one of Grey's gay friends who thought Sable and Grey were in a relationship. Sable is embarrassed and they walk a bit further running into a street gang ready to bash the gay 'couple' Sable us healing from a previous fight and Grey 'defends' the both of them in a novel way

Mike Grell's Sable was ahead of its time

dance+off+1.jpg (image)
sable1.jpg (image)
danceoff.jpg (image)
dance2.jpg (image)

Edit: tried embedding pix to no avail.

FromGreat Moments in Comics: The Jon Sable Dance-Off ~ The Vault

Last edited:
P

Punch

Alright i have one. In "The Watchmen" there was a comic within the comic. What was its name?

buicken

Apr 22, 2015
A few guesses .....6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40,?

buicken

Apr 22, 2015
New questions, answer in 24 hours- ish.
Wolverine has wonderful taste in cars, in the movie days of future past, what kind of car does he steal ? (I own a red one)
What was the last car he owned before becoming weapon x? It appears in the Shiva story line. It actually started after 30 years!!!, mine (same manufacturer, different model , ((till it burned to a pile of stinky pile of fiberglass and aluminum . Fuck!!!)) wouldn't start after a few days.
Hint: the electrical system was designed by "the prince of darkness" .
super bonus question what chainsaw does he use in wolverine origins?

buicken

Apr 22, 2015
Two answers are acceptable for the chainsaw question, without measuring the piston and cylinder of the saw, or looking at the model # it is impossible to tell the difference. I don't own the model saw wolverine uses. I would love to add one to my chainsaw collection, But, they run in the 1000 dollar range on eBay. That's way out of my collector saw price range.

Last edited:

buicken

Apr 22, 2015
The Lucas reference is correct.
My car didn't die from an electrical fire, a part connecting the twin Stromberg carbs burst, spraying the engine with gasoline. Back in 1989 I had no idea that it was a common problem. The internet could have saved my car!

buicken

Apr 22, 2015
Dofp was a black 1973 Buick Riviera . Mine is red.
The Shiva contract, was a lotus 7. I had a 73 Europa.
The chainsaw is either a stihl 070, or 090. Don't have either of those in my saw collection .

Leigh

Engineer
Pro Fighter
Jan 26, 2015
You had a Lotus? How was it? They look pretty cool - smaller engine than most super cars but lightweight frame

Last edited:

buicken

Apr 22, 2015
The Europa was loads of fun. I owned it in senior year high school. it was insane in corners, the smell and sound of it was magical. The firewall was a piece of plywood, so, after about 10 minutes in, your back would sweat from the engine heat. Weird electric gremlins but no major issues till it caught fire. I worked 80 hrs a week all summer at a pizza place to pay for it. Drove it for two years or so till it burned. 25 years later, I occasionally dream that I am driving it, wake up thinking it is still outside, then feel shifty when I realize its gone.