Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
NLIT exploded today.

I bought this back in February. Marijuana SPAC. Hasn't done shit - which is typical for a SPAC until something happens.

Today, something happened. No idea what.

Thing went crazy from an open of $10 to a high of $30 (Chart is wrong. Highest trade was $30.47):
View attachment 72168

It kept getting halted. First because it was going up too fast. Then because it was dropping too fast. Relatively low volume for so much volatility.

I was trying to sell like crazy but that's tough when it keeps getting halted. Finally liquidated my position at $17. Made money - but not as much as I should have.

Crazy.
Man that sucks that you couldn't sell because of the halting. Wall Street always has a way to fuck the small investor.

I hold 1000 shares of PGEN and that thing ripped yesterday too, and then sold off late in trading w/ investors taking profits. Down 5% this morning with more profit taking. I'm going to hold it and see if it can hit $5 at some point.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Man that sucks that you couldn't sell because of the halting. Wall Street always has a way to fuck the small investor.

I hold 1000 shares of PGEN and that thing ripped yesterday too, and then sold off late in trading w/ investors taking profits. Down 5% this morning with more profit taking. I'm going to hold it and see if it can hit $5 at some point.
It was sort of my fault. I was putting limit orders in and it kept re-opening below them. I eventually just did a market order to close it out.

Not going to complain too much about making some money in Session Low Joe's Market of Hot Garbage.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
RFP

Just hit a 52 week high.
Up 7.5% today to $11.58

FYI - Lumber is still at record levels and climbs higher each week. Mills are completely in control. For the month of May, futures will likely hit $1000/m - which has never happened and will only strengthen the cash markets.

To equate it to a single 2x4 8' SPF board...
This time last year: $1.86
Today: $5.48

You can fit 72 units of 2x4 8' on a railcar - so 21,168 pieces. That cost difference equates to $76,628 more per railcar that the mills are pocketing. What was a $39,373 order is now a tick over $116,000.

Lumber mills are printing money faster than DC is for the stimmies.

Yes- These increases are being passed down the line to the end user (homebuyer).
RFP !!!!

Screenshot_20220706-113404_MSP.jpg

Insane.
Wild @Wild

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
RFP !!!!

View attachment 72614

Insane.
Wild @Wild
Holy shit man. Congrats! What a ride.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Holy shit man. Congrats! What a ride.
Oh I sold most of what I had a few weeks ago. At around $16 or $17 I think.

Still have a little in a Robinhood account I forgot about but it's nothing to write home about.

But yeah - That's been a fun one. Never guessed they'd get bought out at $20 though.

Enock-O-Lypse Now!

Underneath Denver International Airport
Jun 19, 2016

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Jumped back in to Carnival Cruise.
And I held my nose and bought some Disney.

DraftKings had another good day today (up 9.5%)

Oil at a 6 month low. Dow showing hints that $30k might have been the low - which is pretty much the level before the Covid crash.

Or...This could be a head fake.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Today looked like it was going to be a decent green one. Dow, Nasdaq and S&P all trending to go red now.

Talks of another 0.75% rate increase by the Fed next month. Where do think this is all headed Hauler @Hauler? Little head fake we're seeing in the markets here? Or the worst is behind us now and it's time to cautiously dip the toes back in.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Today looked like it was going to be a decent green one. Dow, Nasdaq and S&P all trending to go red now.

Talks of another 0.75% rate increase by the Fed next month. Where do think this is all headed Hauler @Hauler? Little head fake we're seeing in the markets here? Or the worst is behind us now and it's time to cautiously dip the toes back in.
I think the worst is behind us. I'm dipping back in - as you said - cautiously.

I'm not worried about another 75 bips from the Fed. It's expected and mostly priced in I would think.

If we get some worse-than-expected guidance from companies on future earnings, that might create some stagnation, but I think the bad news is pretty much priced into the market.

I'm looking at stocks that had their Covid Collapse, recovered nicely...but are now back around those Covid lows again. If they are a solid company there's no reason we shouldn't see the same recovery, it might just be a slow burn up this time instead of a rocket ship.

If people moved 401k's to bonds, I'd start looking at getting those active in stocks again.

Did you go in on DKNG? I know you said you were looking at it. It's been doing quite well lately.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I think the worst is behind us. I'm dipping back in - as you said - cautiously.

I'm not worried about another 75 bips from the Fed. It's expected and mostly priced in I would think.

If we get some worse-than-expected guidance from companies on future earnings, that might create some stagnation, but I think the bad news is pretty much priced into the market.

I'm looking at stocks that had their Covid Collapse, recovered nicely...but are now back around those Covid lows again. If they are a solid company there's no reason we shouldn't see the same recovery, it might just be a slow burn up this time instead of a rocket ship.

If people moved 401k's to bonds, I'd start looking at getting those active in stocks again.

Did you go in on DKNG? I know you said you were looking at it. It's been doing quite well lately.
Havent pulled the trigger on anything yet but DKNG is one I've been watching. Nice gains the past couple of weeks.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Six Flags (SIX) had a huge earnings miss. Stock is getting hammered. Down 22% to the $20 level.

Added to the watch list. It's a $40 stock so likely an easy double-up. I'll buy in at some point but not gonna try to catch a falling knife.

Screenshot_20220811-101118_MSP.jpg

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I took a flyer of 5000 shares of BTCM @ $0.695/share a couple weeks ago.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Long term play RKT?
I think you can make money on it, but one negative of that sector would be the increase in B2R homes. Build To Rent. Houses are being built with the sole purpose of renting.

Theoretically, that shrinks RKT clientele.