Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
In Germany, the people that I saw posting videos or articles or being interviewed (either media sites or people who manage funds or are otherwise responsible for big amounts) are all telling to yet wait.

I personally am not too sure whether stuff will drop even further. But I might gladly be wrong.

The stock market does not fully reflect the current state of the economy or its implications but is influenced a lot by people buying and selling stocks, companies needing cashflow, having to sell stocks, people waiting to buy into certain stocks. Talking about large investors, not the schmucks on mma forums :D
All those people check with this schmuck before doing ANYTHING! Believe that!

But yeah. Prob go lower. Very reactionary, but the steps being taken to contain the virus will have very real effects on the economy, and it will be widespread. Most of that is already baked into the drop we already saw, but it can certainly go lower.

I bought into a couple stocks today. I might be early, but in the long run I should be fine.

I have an actual job. I am not a daytrader - I just play one on an MMA forum.;)

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
All those people check with this schmuck before doing ANYTHING! Believe that!

But yeah. Prob go lower. Very reactionary, but the steps being taken to contain the virus will have very real effects on the economy, and it will be widespread. Most of that is already baked into the drop we already saw, but it can certainly go lower.

I bought into a couple stocks today. I might be early, but in the long run I should be fine.

I have an actual job. I am not a daytrader - I just play one on an MMA forum.;)
neither am I :)
I'm just looking out for my retirement. In the last 5 years, prior to Corona, I had actually not looked into my portfolio once :D

Yeah, on the other hand, might go lower because maybe as incoming cash dries up for many big players, they have to sell some stock that had become overpriced and they sell before it reaches below what they had bought it for some time ago. so due to that prices might sink mid term. Or, which I hope for nobody, people have to sell their investments because they have cash problems. that would really really suck!

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Dow down 4% before the bell.
Might be another ugly day.

I'm watching Boeing (BA) today. It might dip below $100 for the first time since 2013.

$350 stock in February
Closed at $124 yesterday.
$105 pre-market

If the div remains intact it will have a yield of 8% at those levels.

With all their issues lately with plane crashes, I had been watching for a bit. The negative press didn't really cause the stock to dip. The virus certainly has.

Boeing accounts for 21% of US DOD procurement budget.

Judobill

First 100
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

I'm watching Boeing (BA) today. It might dip below $100 for the first time since 2013.

$350 stock in February
$105 pre-market

With all their issues lately with plane crashes, I had been watching for a bit. The negative press didn't really cause the stock to dip. The virus certainly has.

They are having big issues with planes out on line too. Not good.

WSJ News Exclusive | FAA Considers Enhanced Inspections After Southwest Jet Suffers Structural Problem

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Ford (F)
Is at $4.66

Posted Div Yield is 12.8%
Haha

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Delta Airlines (DAL)

After 3 days of support in the $35 range it is getting smoked again. Down 18% so far today, currently trading under $26 (30 days ago it was $60)

Is this thing headed to sub a $10 stock?
Brutal.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Market is now below the level from when Trump took office.

We have entered Obama levels.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
PLNT - Planet Fitness

52 week high $88.77
Currently at $39.65

Most of their income is based on memberships. They might see a drop in new members for the next month, but their profits should continue. As most know - you pay for those memberships whether you go there or not.

Following this one. It saw some support at $50 last week but has since fallen under $40 during today's insanity.
Down to $24.33

Everything getting crushed.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

$350 stock in February
$105 pre-market

$92 and falling
No support to be found. Complete freefall.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015

$350 stock in February
$105 pre-market

I imagine that a lot of companies won't pay out big dividents in the foreseeable future, but who knows

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Following Dave & Busters (PLAY) today.
I had $10 targeted. It flew past that, sitting at $8.53 right now.

2/21 it was sitting at $47

Definitely going to buy in at some point.
This one is leading the market today
Up 77% today

Fell to $4.61
Trading at $8.04 right now

I got in at $5.50 on the way down.

Last edited:

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Dow futures down 300 right now. Might be another interesting day tomorrow. Looking to get a couple bargains.

BrunoMcGyver

Bruno no dey carry last
Dec 30, 2015
Dow futures down 300 right now. Might be another interesting day tomorrow. Looking to get a couple bargains.
Australian Market going crazy today, if its the same in the US later on, might be some quick money to be made.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
Luxury Brands. for longterm holding. an idea

I'm looking at Dior.
Other brands in the same field Vuitton, Boss, you know what I mean...
I can only speak for Dior.

I think, technically their business description is:
they produce shit out of thin air that nobody needs, for rich assholes that will be unfazed by the pandemic, who will be sitting on blue balls because they can't go shopping now.
also, perfumes, bags and silk skarfs have an unlimites shelf life, I mean they can sit in storage forever without going bad.

Dior has like 30+billion in revenue, so they're no slouch. their stuff is cheap to produce, leaning heavily on 'brand value'.

In the years after the 2008 crash, luxury brands did really well. I am thinking about a small sum, won't be right now although I alread like them.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
This thing is going to be interesting for 2 to 3 weeks.

I'm watching for sharp declines. Almost everything is now being traded via electronic transactions and when stop losses hit it causes a chain reaction and prices fall off the table.

If the drop wasn't caused by bad news for that specific company, watch the price and grab it after the sell off pauses. They have been recovering with a quickness and you can make a healthy % in a single day.

It's risky, but opportunites are everywhere.

Treat it like gambling. Don't invest what you can't afford to lose.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
United up 17%
$90 stock in January
Looks like it hit bottom at the $20 range.

Trading at $25 now.

Hwoarang

TMMAC Addict
Oct 22, 2015
Thoughts on Constellation Brands (STZ)?
They're the ones that make corona beer.
They were sitting over $200/share a month ago, now just under $120.

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
I would consider mainly:
> do you personally like their product ?
> is the company strong enough to live on its reserves for a year
> did they have a bright outlook going into the crisis?

Secondary factors:
> how much do they get fucked in the situation?
> expecting any news headlines good or bad? (in this case they are extra famous now; who in the world will not down a fucking Corona in the park after this is over? but what about the other brands they operate, that will stay the same. how much % of their income comes from just the Corona brand? Maybe Trump tweets: Drink only beer with American names now. America strong. Bud good. Foreign beer
bad. Corona assholes)
> do you have trust in mgmgt (should be way higher on the list, but who can gather info on those guys?, so usually you go by little hints and the actions they take)

Check out Constellation Brands | Investor Relations, Stocks, Financials
they should provide numbers in a summary on their last annual report.
Also they have an announcement about financial reportings on April 3rd, stock might go up or down after that

-> I personally think that Corona beer gives you a stronger headache than any flu in the world ever will :D

so long

Posting Machine
Dec 16, 2015
I would consider mainly:
> do you personally like their product ?
> is the company strong enough to live on its reserves for a year
> did they have a bright outlook going into the crisis?

Secondary factors:
> how much do they get fucked in the situation?
> expecting any news headlines good or bad? (in this case they are extra famous now; who in the world will not down a fucking Corona in the park after this is over? but what about the other brands they operate, that will stay the same. how much % of their income comes from just the Corona brand? Maybe Trump tweets: Drink only beer with American names now. America strong. Bud good. Foreign beer
bad. Corona assholes)
> do you have trust in mgmgt (should be way higher on the list, but who can gather info on those guys?, so usually you go by little hints and the actions they take)

Check out Constellation Brands | Investor Relations, Stocks, Financials
they should provide numbers in a summary on their last annual report.
Also they have an announcement about financial reportings on April 3rd, stock might go up or down after that

-> I personally think that Corona beer gives you a stronger headache than any flu in the world ever will :D
those aspect I can only list for intended long term holding.
Can't say anything about quick buying and selling.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Sin stocks usually do OK in a downturn.
Some even have better sales than they did before the pullback.

Pretty big fluctuations when you look at STZ 5 yr chart.