Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Hauler- any advice on RFP. My Average is $3.06. You still holding some? Long or do you have a set price in mind that you’re going to dump? Thanks!
Lumber market is still on fire.

Mills are making BANK right now and they are firmly in control of the market, which has printed up 17 weeks in a row.

A carload that was $46k in April is now getting $86.5k

RFP just had an earnings report where they had a double beat, but that would have covered Q2 sales. This shit didn't really kick in for Canadian wood until June, so their Q3 results should be 3 months of killing it through July, August and September - assuming this run continues.

When I bought in at around $1.50 I had $5 as a target. I'm still there, but I'd love to see it go higher.

Note - i did already sell off my initial investment when I went up 100%. House money from here on out so it doesn't feel as risky for me to wait and see what happens.

But who fucking knows what it will do? It's basically gambling.

Good luck!

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Lumber market is still on fire.

Mills are making BANK right now and they are firmly in control of the market, which has printed up 17 weeks in a row.

A carload that was $46k in April is now getting $86.5k

RFP just had an earnings report where they had a double beat, but that would have covered Q2 sales. This shit didn't really kick in for Canadian wood until June, so their Q3 results should be 3 months of killing it through July, August and September - assuming this run continues.

When I bought in at around $1.50 I had $5 as a target. I'm still there, but I'd love to see it go higher.

Note - i did already sell off my initial investment when I went up 100%. House money from here on out so it doesn't feel as risky for me to wait and see what happens.

But who fucking knows what it will do? It's basically gambling.

Good luck!
To invest in wood do I just buy some 2x4's and keep them out back? Asking for a friend.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
How high will PENN Gaming go?

Easily my best stock of the Covid crash. I'm up 440%

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
RFP down for the 2nd day in a row - people must be taking profits. It has tripled in 4 months.

This market shows zero signs of slowing down and we are at record levels already. Railcars are starting to move which means profits will be coming in. Although stock prices don't always follow real results so who fucking knows.

If it drops below $3 I might buy more.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Shit. It dropped below $3 and I missed it. Already bounced to $3.19

Gonna watch this one like a hawk today.

Iceman33

Nine and two thirds
Jan 31, 2016
Just raked almost a grand on RFP. Thanks Hauler I wouldn’t have stayed in that long without your advice. Thanks!

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
For RFP - there will be some profit taking in the $4.50 to $5 range, but if it can close above $5 by the end of the week we might be in for a nice run.

Lumber pricing passed record level highs 3 weeks ago and it shows zero signs of slowing down. In the last 3 months pricing has doubled.

The mills are printing money right now. The only issue is getting their facilities staffed so they can make as much wood as possible. Finding workers is an issue in Canada - not quite to the extent of what it is in the States, but it's a problem.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Also for RFP - When this run stalls, the lumber market will drop like a rock. It will be a bloodbath.

And RFP will likely fall right along with it.

I might do an overlay of how the 2018 lumber run was and how RFP behaved back then to try and see what might be expected this year.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'd love to see RFP climb its way to $5 this week.

Sitting at $4.50
Up 5.7% on the day. Slow burn up please. Those 25% hikes always lead to profit taking.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We plan on selling everything this week and going all in on apple and telsa after the splits.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Thanks, I have 1 share of tesla I bought when it was like $200
I remember contemplating shorting Tesla when it was at $400

Glad I didn't do that - although I'm still a little puzzled how a company that loses $862,000,000 a year is worth $2000 / share.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I remember contemplating shorting Tesla when it was at $400

Glad I didn't do that - although I'm still a little puzzled how a company that loses $862,000,000 a year is worth $2000 / share.
R&D

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
NVAX took a big shit, but it looks to be somewhat volatile today. Day trading NVAX it is.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
My Smith & Wesson (SWIB) stock is having a nice day. Up 17%

I wonder what's driving that?