Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
RFP had a good day. Up 14%

Took my initial investment out when it hit $4.15 today

House money from here on out. Love it!

It's sitting at $3.53 now. Let's ride this bitch to $6!
Looks like this was a good call. It settled back down to $3.08

Still a good play, IMO.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
Investors....

When do you generally sell? At what point?

Namaste

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Investors....

When do you generally sell? At what point?

Namaste
No set rule.

When I go up 100%, I do like to pull out my initial investment amount. Keep the house money shares in the market, and take that original investement and go find something else.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Who has the biggest % winner through the Covid mess?

Mine looks to be PENN. I'm up 306% on that one.

I'm guessing someone who held NVAX has that beat by a mile.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

I've made a lot on nvax. Wish I held my original shares.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015

65% gain today. I still don't understand how the price dropped 20% on after hours trading for a stock that doesn't trade after hours.

Untitled.png

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
65% gain today. I still don't understand how the price dropped 20% on after hours trading for a stock that doesn't trade after hours.

View attachment 11707
Aren't they just matching up open orders during after market hours? So if someone wants to buy at x, and someone wants to sell at x, they pair them up and process them when the bell rings the next morning.

The stock immediately jumps to the after market rate, but it then moves according to same-day trades that happen after that.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Aren't they just matching up open orders during after market hours? So if someone wants to buy at x, and someone wants to sell at x, they pair them up and process them when the bell rings the next morning.

The stock immediately jumps to the after market rate, but it then moves according to same-day trades that happen after that.
I'm afraid that makese zero sense to me, which is why I played it safe and sold all my shares before market close. Big press conference coming Wednesday. They're poised to sell a metric shit ton of UV-C products to help reopen the economy.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'm afraid that makese zero sense to me, which is why I played it safe and sold all my shares before market close. Big press conference coming Wednesday. They're poised to sell a metric shit ton of UV-C products to help reopen the economy.
I could go on Etrade right now and place an order for whatever stock I want for any price I want. If someone puts a sell price in that matches my buy, they pair them up. That "sale" gets posted in after hours trading - moving it up or down premarket based on the previous close.

Once the bell rings, it becomes an actual trade.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I could go on Etrade right now and place an order for whatever stock I want for any price I want. If someone puts a sell price in that matches my buy, they pair them up. That "sale" gets posted in after hours trading - moving it up or down premarket based on the previous close.

I guess I'm not understanding how MarketWatch's ticker price swings so hard just after market close on trades that won't be processed by the brokerages until morning. I would expect that jump on market open, as the brokerages accumulate orders during non-trading hours.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Interesting. Had no idea that's what I was doing.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I see what you're saying though. Schwab deducts that swing from the daily gain whereas MarketWatch separates it. A little confusing. Still a lot to learn. Appreciate your insight.

Untitled.png

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
NASDAQ closed at an all time high of $10,941

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Today's % leader: Alterity Therapeutics +157%
Today's $ leader: Irhythm Tech +41.44

Today's % Turd: Dbv Tech -42%
Today's $ Turd: Lendingtree -$23.03

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Disney with after hours earnings. Might be a buy opportunity tomorrow.