Society Corona - Stock Market thinktank

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
AMC getting SMOKED today. Down 15% to $3 - close to its Covid collapse level where it rebounded to $6+ for an easy double-up.

Added to watchlist. It should eventually return to $15 for a nice 500% gain.

Unless you believe people wil NEVER go to movies again.
interesting. Any chance of bankruptcy?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
interesting. Any chance of bankruptcy?
Certainly.

AP said they expect their cash reserves to be gone by the end of the year or Q1 2021.

But I also read an article last week that they are planning to open roughly 500 of their 600 US locations this month. They are the largest movie exhibition company in the United States and Europe, with roughly 1,000 locations and 11,000 screens worldwide.

I guess it depends on whether or not people are scared to gather in groups and whether or not this virus shutdown continues beyond the election.

From what I've seen around here as bars and restaurants open - people are over it. Nobody cares anymore

And since the beginning I've believed the reaction to this thing has been largely political.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I won't.

I barely went before. I've been to a Cinebistro maybe 2 times over the last 5/6 years.
The last movie I saw at the theater was the True Grit remake with Jeff Bridges.

Before that it was Something About Mary. Haha

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
The last movie I saw at the theater was the True Grit remake with Jeff Bridges.

Before that it was Something About Mary. Haha
I take that back!

I saw Ghostbusters last year when they ran a re-release of the original.

And I took my wife to see the Friends Thanksgiving episodes.

I guess I go all the time!

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
RFP - nice little 10% bounce today after a few bad days. Toying with the 52 week high - sitting at $5.30

Earnings report next week. I don't know how they don't pull a double beat.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
I'm a Schmucky mma forum know it all... insects(crickets) mostly are gonna boom in the food sector next year. Trendy hipster superfood.look it up. Spain is leading the way as of now. Right now the hipsters are up to their beards trying to make it in the microbeer/ganja industry.It's oversaturated-- obviously.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I'm a Schmucky mma forum know it all... insects(crickets) mostly are gonna boom in the food sector next year. Trendy hipster superfood.look it up. Spain is leading the way as of now. Right now the hipsters are up to their beards trying to make it in the microbeer/ganja industry.It's oversaturated-- obviously.
How da fuk we gonna buy stock in insects?

Or should we just head outside and start catching them?

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
RFP - nice little 10% bounce today after a few bad days. Toying with the 52 week high - sitting at $5.30

Earnings report next week. I don't know how they don't pull a double beat.
Considering the number of shares I’m holding, Ive been watching it for the past couple of weeks. Looks to me like the dip from $5.30’s to $4.80’s was manipulation to allow for accumulation. Am I in left field?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Considering the number of shares I’m holding, Ive been watching it for the past couple of weeks. Looks to me like the dip from $5.30’s to $4.80’s was manipulation to allow for accumulation. Am I in left field?
I hope that's what it was. Could have been some profit taking too - thing is up big on the year.

I want this thing to take off - but it's a crapshoot. They could get great news and still tank.

But I'm hoping for a bottle rocket.

Tuc Ouiner

Posting Machine
May 19, 2016
Wish I knew how to take advantage of the bug food boom. I would leave my present job. There are some small companies in the US making headway, though.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
DDD - One of my few Covid losers, finally got north of my purchase price.

I've been upside down since March 26. Now I'm up 1%.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
C'mon RFP! Hang on at $5
Earnings right around the corner.

I want $10

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Canfor Lumber had earnings report today.

For Q3 2020, they reported operating income of $299.6 million, which was up $202.7 million from the Q2 amount of $96.9 million

Like I said - Lumber companies have been PRINTING MONEY for 6 months.

Stock is down for the day (although it is sitting at $16.38 now and was at $6.11 in March). So maybe it was baked in. Maybe it moves further next week. Who knows - the market is a fickle bitch.

RFP reports next week.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Took a 3% haircut today. Brutal.

I've been on a jobsite all day. The fuck is going on?

Negative Nancy start yapping her decrepit, toothless gums again?

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
RFP earnings call announced for 11/5.
Not a fan of that move - right after the election and I'm sure there will be turmoil and doubt.

I'm being greedy and looking for more upward movement after earnings.