General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
"I am an expert on how to get a stroke patient to button their shirt. Let me tell you about how I know all about coronavirus from my experience in a skilled nursing facility and no experience in the acute care hospital that these patients began. Also let me get waayyyyy out of my understanding and discuss the specifics of lab tests I've got no experience running or overseeing".
It's a Dan Quinn video?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Annnnddd we are out of ventilators and waiting for a sister hospital to free some up to send our way.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I'm gonna have to go to ER for a bandage change. You can't make this shit up they are all quoting me two weeks or hanging up. Fucken wankers.

SongExotic2

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Cunts chucked me out on Monday with some drugs and that's that. I don't mind. I'll sort it myself if needed but the fuckers diddnt say what to do. There's a straw sticking out of my gaping ass wound.

I should probably chuck whiskey on it now I think about it.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Annnnddd we are out of ventilators and waiting for a sister hospital to free some up to send our way.
I thought intubating was a bad idea?

Prone > Intubating

I can ask my friend's friend's cousin's friend in Orlando and get her take on the situation if you want.

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I thought intubating was a bad idea?

Prone > Intubating
No intubating is not a bad idea.
If you're required intubation you've self-selected that you're basically in a severe position.
There are two ventilator strategies once intubated and you must pick the right one for the right patient.
During the early part of the pandemic there was a lot of early Intubation going on because patients would become hypoxic and they would use that as a guide to intubate. We were also seeing a lot of patients just fall off the cliff and did not have a good deal of experience to determine which ones that was going to be. What we see is some patients do perfectly fine with a little bit of hypoxia and then recover. They never need to be intubated. Good lines in the sand for determination for intubation or elevated CO2 concentrations in the blood, rapid breathing rate, and altered mental status.

Yes position changes are very important when you catch covid no matter what stage. There is some amount of perfusion compromise in many of these patients. For some this is clinically more evident than others but you assume everybody should be shot gun approached because it doesn't hurt anything.

In those patients that are mildly hypoxic but doing well they should indeed be moving different positions including prone. If they're not hitting those lines of the sand I mentioned earlier they do not require Intubation despite their oxygen that would normally be concerning.

For what it's worth in medicine referencing proning a patient It's nearly always in the context of an intubated sedated patient in the ICU. It's not really prone or intubate. It's often both.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Florida sets new high for daily Covid-19 cases.

It's still unclear if they are counting the patients correctly.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This sucks bros.
It feels helpless.
The patients don't stop coming in hospital or clinic.

Wintermute

Putin is gay
Apr 24, 2015
Oh word?!

"RESULTS AND DISCUSSION
These studies showed that the dried, purified extract obtained from Stevia leaves at a dose of 2000mg/ml inhibited the reproduction of Teschen disease virus by 0.5 lg TCD50,IRT virus by 0.25 lg TCD50, and coronavirus by 0.33 lgTCD50 (Table 1).The dried, purified extract at a dose of 4000mg/ml inactivated Teschen disease virus by 0.75 lg TCD50, IRT virus by0.5 lg TCD50, and coronavirus by 0.66 lg TCD50 (Table 2).The commonly used antiviral agent remantadine is known [10] to have high virustatic action but virtually novirucidal activity, i.e., it does not suppress viruses in the intercellular space or in blood vessels. Unlike remantadine, solutions of the dried, purified Stevia extract had marked virustatic and virucidal properties. Until recently, dried Stevia extracts (steviosides) were regarded mainly as sweeteners. The demonstration of antiviral properties of Stevia extract makes it attractive for further investigation as a potential medicinal agent."

So... what does this mean? They dumped 4 grams of Stevia on a petri dish of Coronavirus and it killed some?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Oh word?!

"RESULTS AND DISCUSSION
These studies showed that the dried, purified extract obtained from Stevia leaves at a dose of 2000mg/ml inhibited the reproduction of Teschen disease virus by 0.5 lg TCD50,IRT virus by 0.25 lg TCD50, and coronavirus by 0.33 lgTCD50 (Table 1).The dried, purified extract at a dose of 4000mg/ml inactivated Teschen disease virus by 0.75 lg TCD50, IRT virus by0.5 lg TCD50, and coronavirus by 0.66 lg TCD50 (Table 2).The commonly used antiviral agent remantadine is known [10] to have high virustatic action but virtually novirucidal activity, i.e., it does not suppress viruses in the intercellular space or in blood vessels. Unlike remantadine, solutions of the dried, purified Stevia extract had marked virustatic and virucidal properties. Until recently, dried Stevia extracts (steviosides) were regarded mainly as sweeteners. The demonstration of antiviral properties of Stevia extract makes it attractive for further investigation as a potential medicinal agent."

So... what does this mean? They dumped 4 grams of Stevia on a petri dish of Coronavirus and it killed some?
It means that if you take stevia and the power of AYTCH TWO OH, combined with that swizzle stick and the violin you got a potent combination ready to kill cancer or coronavirus.

Speak on it homeboy!