General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Oops, they made a mistake and printed a correction and a retraction.

In the article affected, no less.

Wow.............. what's your point?

And since you labelled them "liars" for this - when did you start giving a single fuck about being lied to, exactly?

??
Haha
your so unhinged dude

Maybe they should have fact checked themselves before printing such a massive exaggeration

John Lee Pettimore

Further south than you
May 18, 2021
Haha
your so unhinged dude

Maybe they should have fact checked themselves before printing such a massive exaggeration
Yes, they should have.

Still, they caught it, and issued a correction. As they should have. You understand that articles are written by people - often under deadline pressure - and that people aren't 100% perfect at all times, and that human error is a thing?

Now - when's the last time you gave a single fuck about being lied to, when the lies were coming from the right?

Care to point at one single example where you took issue with any piece of misinformation coming from any right wing media source or right wing politician? Even once, even just in passing?

Oops....... you can't.

What a surprise, right? I know I'm shocked.

??

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Yes, they should have.

Still, they caught it, and issued a correction. As they should have. You understand that articles are written by people - often under deadline pressure - and that people aren't 100% perfect at all times, and that human error is a thing?

Now - when's the last time you gave a single fuck about being lied to, when the lies were coming from the right?

Care to point at one single example where you took issue with any piece of misinformation coming from any right wing media source or right wing politician? Even once, even just in passing?

Oops....... you can't.

What a surprise, right? I know I'm shocked.

??
Bro

Take a deep breath

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
That headline is not accurate at all. Surprise. I know.

The advisory panel doesn't consider what the FDA considers. The advisory panel is both considering safety of the vaccine and effectiveness at the individual level but also resource utilization. It turns out that the two shot vaccine provide such good coverage and risk reduction for those under 65 that they don't think it's a good use of resources. As for the article quotes that advisory panel squarely lays the blame for continued delta variant and disease spread on the unvaccinated and fuels that the additional shots should be geared towards the unvaccinated instead of boosting those that are already vaccinated.

It is possible that the FDA will still approve boosters above the advisory panel. That is because the FDA does not determine if this is a good resource utilization. They only do the piece about is this safe and does it do what it says it supposed to do.

The advisory panel supports boosters for 65 and up right now as they will benefit. They feel that sparkuri @sparkuri Should go get vaccinated instead of me and SuperPig @Willthiswork getting our boosters.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015

The advisory panel doesn't consider what the FDA considers. The advisory panel is both considering safety of the vaccine and effectiveness at the individual level but also resource utilization. It turns out that the two shot vaccine provide such good coverage and risk reduction for those under 65 that they don't think it's a good use of resources. As for the article quotes that advisory panel squarely lays the blame for continued delta variant and disease spread on the unvaccinated and fuels that the additional shots should be geared towards the unvaccinated instead of boosting those that are already vaccinated.

It is possible that the FDA will still approve boosters above the advisory panel. That is because the FDA does not determine if this is a good resource utilization. They only do the piece about is this safe and does it do what it says it supposed to do.

The advisory panel supports boosters for 65 and up right now as they will benefit
Many also raised doubts about the value of mass boosters, rather than ones targeted to specific groups.

However, the panel did vote to endorse COVID-19 booster shots only for Americans 65 and over or at high risk for severe disease.

During several hours of vigorous debate Friday, members of the panel questioned the value of offering boosters to nearly everyone.

"I don’t think a booster dose is going to significantly contribute to controlling the pandemic," said Dr. Cody Meissner of Tufts University. "And I think it’s important that the main message we transmit is that we’ve got to get everyone two doses."

Dr. Amanda Cohn of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said: "At this moment it is clear that the unvaccinated are driving transmission in the United States."

The U.S. has already approved an extra dose of both the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines to people who are immunocompromised, or those with severely weakened immune systems.
Yep

me and @
Willthiswork
@Willthiswork

Why did you repeat myself again?

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
There is no reasoning, there is no logic.
This is now an exercise in psychological deconstruction.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015

The advisory panel supports boosters for 65 and up right now as they will benefit. They feel that sparkuri @sparkuri Should go get vaccinated instead of me and SuperPig @Willthiswork getting our boosters.
Not accurate at all?
It says they voted against the plan to give Americans boosters. That seemed to be Biden’s plan and what they’ve been discussing.

or was that not the plan?

click link and it’s pretty clear
Didn’t. Count characters but guessing the tweet is close to 140.
F6E02AD1-0CA9-499E-B43C-B361CD4E9536.png

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Not accurate at all?
It says they voted against the plan to give Americans boosters. That seemed to be Biden’s plan and what they’ve been discussing.

View attachment 46566
How about we split the difference and say that the tweet is intentionally misleading by leaving out half of the story and the headline of their actual article would have been much better?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not accurate at all?

View attachment 46566

#BREAKING: An advisory panel for the FDA voted to reject a plan to offer booster dose of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine for Americans, saying more data is needed to determine if boosters are safe and effective at this time.

No, that's not accurate.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
#BREAKING: An advisory panel for the FDA voted to reject a plan to offer booster dose of Pfizer-BioNTech’s COVID-19 vaccine for Americans, saying more data is needed to determine if boosters are safe and effective at this time.

No, that's not accurate.
Wonder if twitter will ban itself for false claims

FE2F29F4-D52C-4298-B7F3-30B92BDC18E8.jpeg

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Wonder if twitter will ban itself for false claims

View attachment 46569
Fuck Twitter but even that is more accurate because it mildly filters down to "general" population which means that there's a population that it was approved for...

Because that's exactly what the headline of the Fox article said whereas their Twitter headlines just said "for Americans".

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Fuck Twitter but even that is more accurate because it mildly filters down to "general" population which means that there's a population that it was approved for...

Because that's exactly what the headline of the Fox article said whereas their Twitter headlines just said "for Americans".
Definition would classify Americans as general public when talking about the United States.

8B87C577-BB41-4CE7-9124-7D45CFCA37B3.jpeg