General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
people die of illness or bodily failure daily in each state.

in some of these cases the person may have died with or without corona's help.

lady died here via heart attack(her 3rd one) tested positive for corona, so she is a corona death stat.

not downplaying anything, just a perspective on daily death in each state/region/country

almost 1700 die in italy daily from various causes for instance, I am talking pre corona
That's not really how medical stats work. She'd have to die of a heart attack related to the illness for it to be stated that way.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That's not really how medical stats work. She'd have to die of a heart attack related to the illness for it to be stated that way.
well she had a heart attack, not the first one for this individual...so coroner listed heart failure.
days later it was revealed she tested positive.
so now it is a corona positive death according to the news and stats.

I do think this is a nasty bug/virus.

I also think this is far wider spread than we realize and some people are just dying of other causes while still being able to test positive.

It is purely me reflecting on daily death stats, which are not often known or reported on.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
well she had a heart attack, not the first one for this individual...so coroner listed heart failure.
days later it was revealed she tested positive.
so now it is a corona death.
Heart attack and heart failure aren't the same thing. It's possible the coroner was all "Well, her heart stopped, but I don't know why." Then she tested positive and they were like "Oh, that makes sense."

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Heart attack and heart failure aren't the same thing. It's possible the coroner was all "Well, her heart stopped, but I don't know why." Then she tested positive and they were like "Oh, that makes sense."
Ya, it sucks.
I am sure the corona in her system didn't help.

Just found the italy pie graph from this morning interesting.
came out today

I do understand this is about protecting the weak immune system individuals

More than 99% of Italy's coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study [PDF] by the country's national health authority. Reader schwit1 shares a report:The new study could provide insight into why Italy's death rate, at about 8% of total infected people, is higher than in other countries. The Rome-based institute has examined medical records of about 18% of the country's coronavirus fatalities, finding that just three victims, or 0.8% of the total, had no previous pathology. Almost half of the victims suffered from at least three prior illnesses and about a fourth had either one or two previous conditions. More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.

couple that with nearly 1800 deaths a day in Italy pre Corona and it adds some perspective IMO

That said...the US is loaded with pre existing illness folks, chalked full of em in fact.

I don't know about canada, probably not as unhealthy as ole USA...but probably got some unhealthy/weakened folks for sure...haven't been there in 20 years so don't know

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Don't know about that, I personally have no interest in having pneumonia again.
I don't blame ya
you don't know what you got till it's gone

I got a serious reality check on that when they cut me open and ruined my core muscles...took 2-3 years to get back to strength

I am social distancing like a mofo cause I don't wanna put anybody in a bad way.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I don't blame ya
you don't know what you got till it's gone

I got a serious reality check on that when they cut me open and ruined my core muscles...took 2-3 years to get back to strength

I am social distancing like a mofo cause I don't wanna put anybody in a bad way.
People are kind of glossing over that this is such a motherfucker that high grade fever and peneumonia are regarded as "mild symptoms".

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
People are kind of glossing over that this is such a motherfucker that high grade fever and peneumonia are regarded as "mild symptoms".
interesting
will be interested to see what the symptom breakdown is when a lot more data is collected.

IMO US testing is not much of a Data set to work from, at least in this state...many reports from Oregon of doctors asking for tests for "mild" symptom individuals and still not being given approval.

Very very little testing in this state so far...less than 1400 total

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
people are dressing as corona virus testers here and robbing houses. I hope they don't do that on my block though for their own safety because I know for a fact that least 6 houses on my block are packing heat possibly even more heat now that every body is buying guns.

Oct 24, 2015
people are dressing as corona virus testers here and robbing houses. I hope they don't do that on my block though for their own safety because I know for a fact that least 6 houses on my block are packing heat possibly even more heat now that every body is buying guns.
Been hearing about this for over a week. Friend in Colorado was telling me.
Guess on Monday work wants us to show up a little earlier so we can get a temperature test. Lol. Someone has it already.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Been hearing about this for over a week. Friend in Colorado was telling me.
Guess on Monday work wants us to show up a little earlier so we can get a temperature test. Lol. Someone has it already.
people are dressing up as corona virus testers and robbing houses in colorado too?

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Do you only have 6 houses on your block?.

Maybe it's a midwest thing, but every house around here has a gun.