General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Coronavirus: Iceland’s mass testing finds half of carriers show no symptoms
While Iceland has only 218 confirmed cases among its tiny population, its testing program has produced crucial data about the coronavirus - that half of those who were tested positive has no coronavirus symptoms.

This confirms multiple pieces of scientific research that have shown that coronavirus is spread more through people with the virus who show no sign of being sick. Researchers from The University of Texas at Austin had found out that more than 10 percent of patients were infected by somebody who has the virus but does not yet have symptoms.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
canada is going with 2k a person except at this point i know i wont qualify ,either will ShatsBassoon @ShatsBassoon @Lars or La Paix @Nuk Soo Kow .we get the honor of working to pay for it
I'm under the impression that of you're laid off or need to stay home to self isolate or take care of kids or whoever you can collect $2000 a month for the next four months and cheques are arriving within ten days. We're also getting the extra child care benefit.

The new Canada Emergency Response Benefit
We will provide a taxable benefit of $2,000 a month for up to 4 months to:

• workers who must stop working due to COVID-19 and do not have access to paid leave or other income support.
  • workers who are sick, quarantined, or taking care of someone who is sick with COVID-19.
  • working parents who must stay home without pay to care for children that are sick or need additional care because of school and daycare closures.
  • workers who still have their employment but are not being paid because there is currently not sufficient work and their employer has asked them not to come to work.
  • wage earners and self-employed individuals, including contract workers, who would not otherwise be eligible for Employment Insurance.
The Canada Emergency Response Benefit will be accessible through a secure web portal starting in early April. Applicants will also be able to apply via an automated telephone line or via a toll-free number.

Increasing the Canada Child Benefit
We are providing an extra $300 per child through the Canada Child Benefit (CCB) for 2019-20. This will mean approximately $550 more for the average family.

This benefit will be delivered as part of the scheduled CCB payment in May.

Those who already receive the Canada Child Benefit do not need to re-apply.

Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan - Canada.ca

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I dont have to pay WCB this year and only 50% next year. So there's that I guess.
Alberta is also giving out $1142 to people affected. Another handout I dont qualify for.
If you need to stay home you should be able to collect the $2000.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Makes sense, you have to be a russian lying dog faced pony soldier farm employee, maybe even a bot.
Wow, you're really wound up about Russia. I thought that was just a democrat thing and you republicans all loved Putin. Don't worry, though, Soros has employees all over the world not just Russia. ;)

Last edited:

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Wow, you're really wound up about russia. I thought that was just a democrat thing and you republicans all loved Putin. Don't worry though, Soros has employees all over the world not just Russia. ;)
Makes sense. Thanks for the information.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Applicants will also be able to apply via an automated telephone line or via a toll-free number.
good luck applying for this. i would expect to be on hold for 8-10 hours.it is impossible to get thru to the govt at the best of times let alone when 10 million other people are trying. they should have made this online

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
good luck applying for this. i would expect to be on hold for 8-10 hours.it is impossible to get thru to the govt at the best of times let alone when 10 million other people are trying. they should have made this online
Canada's got you bro, we have options.

The Canada Emergency Response Benefit will be accessible through a secure web portal starting in early April. Applicants will also be able to apply via an automated telephone line or via a toll-free number.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Hoping I dont have to use it. Waiting hear what the provincial government declares as essential services
Same here. I'm being told we are essential but it's things like getting our building supplies and PPE that'll be what shuts us down. I'll be surprised if we don't stop within two weeks. Wanna come over and share food and weed?

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Same here. I'm being told we are essential but it's things like getting our building supplies and PPE that'll be what shuts us down. I'll be surprised if we don't stop within two weeks. Wanna come over and share food and weed?
We are far from essential where i am working but my boss is waiting for the govt to call for a shutdown .until then i will rattle around on a bobcat and eat dirt to boost my immune system

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
We are far from essential where i am working but my boss is waiting for the govt to call for a shutdown .until then i will rattle around on a bobcat and eat dirt to boost my immune system
Some Mayors have set up hotlines where you can rat on your company if you feel you're not being allowed to follow the CDC guidelines, assuming you truly aren't essential.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Some Mayors have set up hotlines where you can rat on your company if you feel you're not being allowed to follow the CDC guidelines, assuming you truly aren't essential.
There is no order to shut down in BC

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Just received a reminder from our state board of medical examiners that physicians should not prescribe themselves or their family hydroxychloroquine, chloroquine or azithromycin- which I assume means that some physicians have been doing that which is highly disappointing (essentially hoarding medications)

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
If we do end up shutting down i am still going to get up at 5am to shitpost in this thread

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm all outdoors on a skeleton crew. I think we will remain business as usual. The big builders are huge conservative supporters. The government wont want to ruffle their feathers.

FINGERS

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
I dont have to pay WCB this year and only 50% next year. So there's that I guess.
Alberta is also giving out $1142 to people affected. Another handout I dont qualify for.

I wont be getting this free cash either. My wife is on maternity so she misses out too.

We are cash free covid kids.

My only bonus is having the train all to myself and having a crafty wank on the seats.,

Oct 24, 2015
No shutdown for us. Hear a plant in Texas got a case and haven't shutdown yet. So social distancing, lots of older people as the younger ones don't want any of this work. People got to eat, so we go on. Corporate gets to work from home. God forbid they get sick.