General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
It's scientifically proven that beef calms down anger towards pussies who try to be funny racist, then backpedal when they get called out on it and play the victim...... I however, will not eat the flesh of an animal..... I'm about to fuck up this vital wheat gluten TVP and arugula and avocado salad........

Jesus, even I think that's lame LOL
so you can say whatever you want about me but if I try to reply there will be consequences. Ok, take this as a win, but rest assured, someone will be watching you in the future

Eric Trump

he/him
Nov 21, 2017
and dumbass, you cannot be racist if you dont like chinese people. Chinese people arent a race. Asians are a race and I have nothing even against them

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
according to my sister, her entire clinic has 6 tests available to administer.

so mortality rates are going to be high, but the extent of infection and the risk is not going to be quantifiable.

M

member 3289

I dont want to cause drama. I havent slept for 36 hours but that is not excuse. But I am pretty goddamn drunk and that is a solid excuse. But seriously. Everything I have said in this thread was meant to be a joke and I may not be a good comedian, my slovak audience would disagree, and I dont know where I am trying to go with this, but yeah

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
'It is extremely reasonable to think that these excess deaths are largely elderly or frail people who died at home or in residential facilities, without being hospitalized and without being swabbed to verify that they have actually become infected with Covid-19'

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
'It is extremely reasonable to think that these excess deaths are largely elderly or frail people who died at home or in residential facilities, without being hospitalized and without being swabbed to verify that they have actually become infected with Covid-19'
That argument cuts both ways, I'd be hesitant about trotting it out.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
this comment is going to age like milk in the sun.
He has a point about the economy.

I am all for precautions but this economy is gonna collapse and it will get very ugly in in other ways.

Right now the reaction outweighs the problem in some peoples eyes, and I have no problem with them voicing their opinion about that.

I think some places should be restricted and "locked down", but some places are not gonna need that and it will do more damage than good.

Of course all of our comments and reactions will be interesting to look back on when this thing shakes out.

It is a very complicated situation for sure.

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
The UK official death numbers are off since they need to get permission from the family to officially add them to the death toll. That was mentioned yesterday.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I did.

The problem with the logic they're using is that of the recorded C19 deaths, 99% of people had at least one underlying condition (as per the Italian health authorities) In more than half people had multiple underlying conditions, up to and including heart disease. Someone not taking this seriously could make the argument "Well, these people died with C19, not of C19."

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I did.

The problem with the logic they're using is that of the recorded C19 deaths, 99% of people had at least one underlying condition (as per the Italian health authorities) In more than half people had multiple underlying conditions, up to and including heart disease. Someone not taking this seriously could make the argument "Well, these people died with C19, not of C19."
Not when there is such a surge from the pre-recorded norms. A slight bump would be variation year on year, but such a large number has to be attributed to a new factor, aka Covid-19.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Not when there is such a surge from the pre-recorded norms. A slight bump would be variation year on year, but such a large number has to be attributed to a new factor, aka Covid-19.
That doesn't undermine the potential that C19 just exacerbated the patients underlying conditions, and didn't actually kill them.

*These are not my arguments, I'm just pointing out why there's a logical failure in only extrapolating stats one way.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
some yes, but not all

2400+ die daily in Italy pre corona testing

certainly not all that test positive would not have passed away with or without

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
according to my sister, her entire clinic has 6 tests available to administer.

so mortality rates are going to be high, but the extent of infection and the risk is not going to be quantifiable.
Have you seen a stat for how many people have been tested with symptoms and come back negative?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
That doesn't undermine the potential that C19 just exacerbated the patients underlying conditions, and didn't actually kill them.

*These are not my arguments, I'm just pointing out why there's a logical failure in only extrapolating stats one way.
They wouldn't have died all around the same time if they didn't contract covid-19. The logic you're espousing, that's not yours apparently, is fallacious. They may have recovered or lived a significant period before succumbing to their pre-existing condition. Therefore they should rightfully be attributed to covid-19 because it is such a large increase from the historical norms. Covid-19 took these people before their time, regardless of if it laid the last blow itself.