General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 603

did you have outrage at that point in time?

did you expect it to crush the economy at that time?

fine if you did...but hindsight is 20/20

and I don't think those supplies would be doing much for the infection rate or death count in this country...I could be wrong about that

at that time it seemed to be a humanitarian gesture didn't it?
Bro I've been disgusted and outraged at everything that cocksucker Donald Trump has done ever since he was a "democrat" and fucked over close family friends and family when he was building up AC and his properties there. I've hated that guy for years before it was cool to do it publicly. He's been a plight on NYC and it's people since the 70's.

Am I shocked at this move? No in the slightest, it's par for the course.

Look, I understand and get that there are always two sides to this proverbial political coin, I fully agree that other people's interests take place, and that the government and these politicians always look to get rich off our blood. I come from a LONG line of military family members dating back to WW2, but myself and my brother as idealists didn't enlist out of the disagreeing with Bush Sr's oil war. I know that I come of as hardcore "Liberal Dem", but I don't always agree with everything they say either (although I do share similar views with them more that any Republican). I do believe that there have been coverups and conspiracies that our government has committed (including coverups behind 9/11), BUT I'm not that "everything is a conspiracy" guy to the point of sidetracking off the bullshit that is going on. The "whataboutism" and "do you think Hillary would have done better now" people, or the "but Obama did this" people.... Fuck all of them, I deal with the here and now... I deal in actual situations and not hypotheticals. We can always go look back at what was or could have been, but that doesn't change what is ACTUALLY happening... And when the "how do we know if that is REALLY happening?" starts, it delays the time of response to real incidents, and the fucked up thing is that the powers that be KNOW this. I wrote a joke tweet the other day that is in part true.... The science community may have been ahead of this virus if the last few years they spent researching the trends and genesis of viruses, rather than needing to argue with people that the earth ISN'T flat, or that global warming ISN'T a hoax...... Too much pivoting off the actual issues, too much political bullshit, and too much of this clown in office and his sycophants making everyone believe that they are the only correct people, and that science/democrats/media/and even republicans who disagree with them are all liars.

Sorry for vented at you Rambo, you know I have nothing but love brother

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Bro I've been disgusted and outraged at everything that cocksucker Donald Trump has done ever since he was a "democrat" and fucked over close family friends and family when he was building up AC and his properties there. I've hated that guy for years before it was cool to do it publicly. He's been a plight on NYC and it's people since the 70's.

Am I shocked at this move? No in the slightest, it's par for the course.

Look, I understand and get that there are always two sides to this proverbial political coin, I fully agree that other people's interests take place, and that the government and these politicians always look to get rich off our blood. I come from a LONG line of military family members dating back to WW2, but myself and my brother as idealists didn't enlist out of the disagreeing with Bush Sr's oil war. I know that I come of as hardcore "Liberal Dem", but I don't always agree with everything they say either (although I do share similar views with them more that any Republican). I do believe that there have been coverups and conspiracies that our government has committed (including coverups behind 9/11), BUT I'm not that "everything is a conspiracy" guy to the point of sidetracking off the bullshit that is going on. The "whataboutism" and "do you think Hillary would have done better now" people, or the "but Obama did this" people.... Fuck all of them, I deal with the here and now... I deal in actual situations and not hypotheticals. We can always go look back at what was or could have been, but that doesn't change what is ACTUALLY happening... And when the "how do we know if that is REALLY happening?" starts, it delays the time of response to real incidents, and the fucked up thing is that the powers that be KNOW this. I wrote a joke tweet the other day that is in part true.... The science community may have been ahead of this virus if the last few years they spent researching the trends and genesis of viruses, rather than needing to argue with people that the earth ISN'T flat, or that global warming ISN'T a hoax...... Too much pivoting off the actual issues, too much political bullshit, and too much of this clown in office and his sycophants making everyone believe that they are the only correct people, and that science/democrats/media/and even republicans who disagree with them are all liars.

Sorry for vented at you Rambo, you know I have nothing but love brother
no worries homie
I take it all in stride and I don't consider it venting just words, thoughts, and jokes on a screen.

It is all fucked up...and our "leaders" all have dirt on them...I know exactly what dirt they have on old DT orange.
Wish it wasn't that way but it is.

Agree 100% the distractions are not helpful and have negative consequences.

I live in Liberal Land USA, born and raised...I have some of that in me and I also have a lil woodsman rambo in me.
It's all very confusing.

I just want what is best for the country overall and also for states and places that can't deal with a lot of sick and weak people flooding the hospitals...whatever it takes to aid that I am all for.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
those things are so unreliable sometimes

we bought a few when I chemical burned myself last year and they all read different temps...some high, some low...diff temp minute to minute

were all made in china lol

fucking with us mayne

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
those things are so unreliable sometimes

we bought a few when I chemical burned myself last year and they all read different temps...some high, some low...diff temp minute to minute

were all made in china lol

fucking with us mayne
Was it in the back of your hand?

Is the first rule you can't talk about it?

FINGERS

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Don't forget to join in with the applause for our Hermes and Amazon delivery drivers today...

… sometime between 8am and 6pm

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Not downplaying anything but we do need balanced viewpoints from experts to gain full perspective

https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/28...CJ7jrWMC1ljf-vgPMd3jGDu44SQs7gzug6syIbDVSzIxJ

"Importantly, the results we present here suggest the ongoing epidemics in the UK and Italy started at least a month before the first reported death and have already led to the accumulation of significant levels of herd immunity in both countries. There is an inverse relationship between the proportion currently immune and the fraction of the population vulnerable to severe disease."

– Fundamental principles of epidemic spread highlight the immediate need for large-scale serological surveys to assess the stage of the SARS-CoV-2 epidemic, 24th March 2020

"[P]rojections of the death toll could plausibly be orders of magnitude too high […] The true fatality rate is the portion of those infected who die, not the deaths from identified positive cases.

The latter rate is misleading because of selection bias in testing. The degree of bias is uncertain because available data are limited. But it could make the difference between an epidemic that kills 20,000 and one that kills two million.

[…]

A universal quarantine may not be worth the costs it imposes on the economy, community and individual mental and physical health. We should undertake immediate steps to evaluate the empirical basis of the current lockdowns."

“Is the Coronavirus as Deadly as They Say?”, Wall Street Journal, 24th March 2020

M

member 603

You know the reason why Italy and Spain got hit so hard by this? These are my people, but they're idiots.... Like every good Roman Catholic, they decided in times of peril to run to church masses and pray..... Aaaaaaand got infected.... Aaaaaaaaand spread it to the high amount of elderly in those areas (those people live forever) and BOOM!!! Perfect storm

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
You know the reason why Italy and Spain got hit so hard by this? These are my people, but they're idiots.... Like every good Roman Catholic, they decided in times of peril to run to church masses and pray..... Aaaaaaand got infected.... Aaaaaaaaand spread it to the high amount of elderly in those areas (those people live forever) and BOOM!!! Perfect storm
That and tourism, they refused to close shit down.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Not downplaying anything but we do need balanced viewpoints from experts to gain full perspective

https://off-guardian.org/2020/03/28...CJ7jrWMC1ljf-vgPMd3jGDu44SQs7gzug6syIbDVSzIxJ

"Importantly, the results we present here suggest the ongoing epidemics in the UK and Italy started at least a month before the first reported death and have already led to the accumulation of significant levels of herd immunity in both countries. There is an inverse relationship between the proportion currently immune and the fraction of the population vulnerable to severe disease."

– Fundamental principles of epidemic spread highlight the immediate need for large-scale serological surveys to assess the stage of the SARS-CoV-2 epidemic, 24th March 2020

"[P]rojections of the death toll could plausibly be orders of magnitude too high […] The true fatality rate is the portion of those infected who die, not the deaths from identified positive cases.

The latter rate is misleading because of selection bias in testing. The degree of bias is uncertain because available data are limited. But it could make the difference between an epidemic that kills 20,000 and one that kills two million.

[…]

A universal quarantine may not be worth the costs it imposes on the economy, community and individual mental and physical health. We should undertake immediate steps to evaluate the empirical basis of the current lockdowns."

“Is the Coronavirus as Deadly as They Say?”, Wall Street Journal, 24th March 2020
That is all well and good. But that only makes sense if we have mass testing. Plausible is not good enough so we go by the data we know. Overestimating based on data is better than underestimating based on partial data...

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
ya it sucks

the glorification of smoking and the horrible air quality of northern italy also left many with weak lungs

and they had/have a ton of chinese coming and going daily to factories in Italy that are essentially chinese made goods that have the Made in Italy stamp on them

not sure about the health care system but I have heard it is lacking

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
That is all well and good. But that only makes sense if we have mass testing. Plausible is not good enough so we go by the data we know. Overestimating based on data is better than underestimating based on partial data...
roger that
just throwing out some discussion from experts
I am sure some of them are bringing up valid points and some are likely invalid or will be disproven

I just posted a tiny bit of what is in the article...and probably not even the best parts or most valid.

M

member 3289

I hope this whole thing can show people that spending over 600 billion a year on a defense budget is bullshit when we have had such poor preparation and healthcare expenditures for so long. So now we have more nukes and spy planes then we can possibly ever use but the American people, way of life, and economy are being killed by a super flu.
We should never lower the defense budget