General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
He really needs to be evaluated for mental health. He is not stable and it is now costing actually lives and not just amusing like it was before this pandemic.
That seems like a bold, and unproveable statement. The government's here are taking this very, very seriously and I'm not sure it's having any discernable impact.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Twitter right now, no, Twitter always, is full of these soapbox experts over-dramatizing the facts. Especially now, with all these neck-beard journos at home, there's even more of that going on.
Yeah, I get the impression that social media is making this worse than it needs to be.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Yeah, I get the impression that social media is making this worse than it needs to be.
Well, this is the time for them to gain clicks and followers, this is their time to shine! All the populists are coming out of the wood-works to tell us how to think. If anybody is going to narrate what I am watching it is going to be Morgan fucking Freeman lol.

SuperPig

Enjoy yourselves
Aug 7, 2015
Can this Aaron Rupar not let people decide on their own upon watching Trump speak? Why do we need him to tell us what to think? Reminds me of MSM but then with a neck-beard.
I definitely like it better when he lets people speak for themselves instead of shaping it.

That said, that's asking a ton from people these days. People don't just report the news they have to give their opinions on it as part of the ''facts."

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
I think they’re just being facetious. You know, how some folks are saying tough titty to folks losing work, they should have enough saved for x number of months blah blah blah.
It all comes down to the banks and what they'll do when mortgages ain't being paid. The landlords need protected as well, all the way to the top. But we need to start at the bottom. Paycheck to paycheck people are less likely to have extra funds than people that own property or businesses.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
America Stress-Bought All the Baby Chickens

“People are panic-buying chickens like they did toilet paper,”
I tried
want to get 4 new heavy laying chics to add to my two old light laying hens
people keep buying them out before I can get them....nothing left but fancy looking silly birds that won't lay 300+ eggs a year

I have kept chickens for the past 14 years so I'm not new to the game, but these new coopsters are cramping my style and hogging the birds.

Diverting my energy and resources to a massive Micro Green Operation...amazing how much great protein comes from Microgreens.

I will make a How To thread when we figure out what we are doing...might even sell kits locally once I figure it out.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I think they’re just being facetious. You know, how some folks are saying tough titty to folks losing work, they should have enough saved for x number of months blah blah blah.
Yeah, I get that. It's just odd to me that people would take out their anger on the people who they owe money to, rather than the people who put them out of work. I'm obviously generalizing when I say the following, but the people I know personally who are on Facebook bitching about their landlords are also the same people who make half of what I do and rent apartments that cost twice what my mortgage does. Instead of saying "Fuck, lesson learned, once this it over I'm going to sort my shit out." They're blaming people who have little or nothing to do with the position they're in.

I've always tried to make sure that I saved "x" months expenses because that's what a financial advsor told me to strive for when I was 25 and I don't really want to lose my house. But growing up I always wondered why my dad was so cheap and reluctant to buy anything new or nice. He grew up with parents who lived through the great depression. Now that I understand what true financial uncertainty is I'm probably going to spend money a lot more like my dad going forward. I'm certainly not going to blame the bank for expecting me to pay back the money that I borrowed from them on the condition that I pay a certain amount back each month.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
It all comes down to the banks and what they'll do when mortgages ain't being paid. The landlords need protected as well, all the way to the top. But we need to start at the bottom. Paycheck to paycheck people are less likely to have extra funds than people that own property or businesses.
It should be up to the government to clean up their mess. If they tell you to stay home, they should be the ones to replace your wages.