General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Speaking of masks Splinty @Splinty , I spent $1000 and drove 700 miles to get some, bring them back to Seattle, and quadruple my money.
This is the kinda stuff that shuts down earth.

When schools shut down, parents stay home, work stops, contracts stop, mortgages stop etc.

Gimme a sec....

Are you serious?!?!??

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Just making sure your mask works! For all my jokes, you could be wearing a mask and making decisions based on it and it should be working if you're doing that. Dudes with beards will be hit hardest by this virus ;)

Also...

A second person has died of the novel coronavirus in the Seattle area and more confirmed cases of the illness have emerged in Washington State, officials said Sunday evening. Public health leaders in King County, Wash., said a man in his 70s with underlying health conditions died on Saturday at EvergreenHealth hospital in Kirkland. That’s the same facility where officials identified the nation’s first coronavirus death on Saturday — a man in his 50s with underlying health conditions.

Officials also announced three other confirmed coronavirus cases in the county, all at EvergreenHealth. They include a woman in her 80s, a woman in her 90s and a man in his 70s. All were in critical condition with underlying health issues. All four new cases were residents of a nursing facility in Kirkland where two other people — a resident and a worker — had previously tested positive.
You guys are going to start a nationwide panic after giving us grunge music from the PNW. There couldn't be a worse ground zero to highlight the virus actual threat. They said like 20 something residents in that facility were showing signs. They're there because they're highly elderly with existing medical problems. 25 or even 50% of them could die.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I've been having cough problems for about 2 years now. I attribute it to smoking weed daily for 20+ years. I've been trying to cut back. Down to 1-2 bowls a day.

We, as the majority of people, can't really do much if it's as bad as some of you think. If this spreads like wildfire without a cure, and every city is infected and there's chaos all around, having some extra toilet paper and canned goods isn't going to do much.

Worst case scenario I will tap into my bad ass teenager days and just do what I want, what I need.

For now, I'm just going to act like this is another Flu/Sars/Mad Cow/Bird Flu type of thing and not sweat it.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Just making sure your mask works! For all my jokes, you could be wearing a mask and making decisions based on it and it should be working if you're doing that. Dudes with beards will be hit hardest by this virus ;)

Also...

You guys are going to start a nationwide panic after giving us grunge music from the PNW. There couldn't be a worse ground zero to highlight the virus actual threat. They said like 20 something residents in that facility were showing signs. They're there because they're highly elderly with existing medical problems. 25 or even 50% of them could die.
Right on Splinty! I knew there was some toughness inside that pretend soft guy exterior.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Your logic is starting to creep in here. You feel in months, perhaps weeks this will all be blown over and you don't want to be on the side of wrong so you're trying to nix my bet.

60 or 90 days seems fair.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Right on Splinty! I knew there was some toughness inside that pretend soft guy exterior.
Well I don't think it's nothing. But those deaths are going to have a serious social impact. I don't know what the government does to calm it and also provide necessary support.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I've been having cough problems for about 2 years now. I attribute it to smoking weed daily for 20+ years. I've been trying to cut back. Down to 1-2 bowls a day.

Atto @Atto what'd you say was the death rate for people with chronic respiratory problems?

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
You guys are going to start a nationwide panic after giving us grunge music from the PNW. There couldn't be a worse ground zero to highlight the virus actual threat.
Chance?

Bill Gates?
Pirbright?
1st vaccine test city?

This a planned mang, as much as something can be.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Speaking of masks Splinty @Splinty , I spent $1000 and drove 700 miles to get some, bring them back to Seattle, and quadruple my money.
This is the kinda stuff that shuts down earth.

When schools shut down, parents stay home, work stops, contracts stop, mortgages stop etc.

Gimme a sec....
This mother fucker really wants to win a bet

Health experts warn that stocking up on the disposable masks could do more harm than good by limiting their availability to doctors and nurses. If the coronavirus outbreak should cause a run on anything, they say, it should be soap and water instead.

There are good reasons to wear masks — namely, to protect others. Surgeons use them so they don’t cough or sneeze into open wounds. Emergency room staff hand them out to visitors with respiratory symptoms to protect others in the waiting area. Doctors diligently swap their masks between visits with immune-suppressed patients, to avoid exposing them to clinging pathogens.

If you’re already sick, mask-wearing is good practice. Donning a paper mask on a crowded train or bus, for instance, can minimize the degree to which a cough or sneeze disseminates infectious fluid onto neighbors and handrails that will be grabbed throughout the day.

But for everyone else, the masks are simply “unnecessary,” said Alex Azar, secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Atto @Atto what'd you say was the death rate for people with chronic respiratory problems?

Are you insinuating I'm a pussy? Is that also one of the mod duties?

lol, just kidding. I saw you and Masato Toys having a little tiff so I just wanted to poke fun. I didn't read ya'lls interactions thoroughly. I like both of you so hopefully it was nothing big.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well I don't think it's nothing. But those deaths are going to have a serious social impact. I don't know what the government does to calm it and also provide necessary support.
Canadian government? Cause hype by telling everyone to stock up on supplies such as food and water. This causes shortages, and in turn price hikes.
Canada is also saying we wont be stopping flights to COVID-19 hot spots or shut borders.
Our hospitals dont have the capacity to handle an influx of patients, and the general public has an irrational habit of running to the clinic for every bump and bruise.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I was hoping the gif was a little longer, just enough for the bus to hit him. Now I wonder if that happened in whatever movie this was.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Having 2 weeks out so you don't add to the run on the system is smart. Someone in this thread said they were low key buying a little extra each time they went to the store for the last few weeks. That's a pretty responsible way to do it. Just keep your stocks topped off because the threat is slightly higher. But running out and buying on misinformation is bad. Masks are the one that really stands out to me.

It would be good if this crisis would start sick people wearing mask as a social construct here in the USA and everybody washing their hands better than we currently do. In LAX most of the alcohol hand sanitizer stations were out in the bathrooms often didn't have soap. That was yesterday. Airports are already a nidus of infection. 70+% a flu cases could be stopped if we just did these things already. This is good practice anyways.

People who use chronic prescription should probably be getting their refills now. That way they aren't in the system 30 and 90 days from now.
Same with doctor visits. Make your well check ups now but not 30 or 90 days from now until we know how that's gonna shake out.
this is like doing your well exam in the spring typically stay away from the flu season. You shouldn't be there with the sick people and the system is busy anyway.
The body produces it’s own protective oils. I only wash my hands while taking a crap or a shower and I have a +5 saving throw against disease.

D241

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
I think it's fair if forum members are going to go out of there way to cause the emotion of "fear and panic" to other forum members, that other forum members reserve the right to throw this back in their face and mock them for their cowardly and wrong spreading of panic when this all blows over.

And bet your ass I am one of those members. I'm going to be quoting a lot of post on this thread in the future I predict.

You've been warned. If the unneeded spreading of panic ceases, I will take that into consideration.