General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Lets dissect twitter misinformation...

Pol has been spamming this for a two days, note the usual anti @Lars stuff that makes pol tick. Why do these people always hate the jews?

Twitter bots pimp it to Jack Prosbeic, candace owens, and others:

No one notes the graph itself is manipulated to exaggerate the decline to create a narrative. Last dot ( data from a week ago) show below 2500. That data point didn't exist yet. It's added.

I took the time to pivot table the same data from this week. They had data from nchsdata12 (as per the graphic) I now have data 13.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyarchives2019-2020/data/NCHSData13.csv

pink dots used to highlight season.

PM me if you want the excel file.

This week is 2930. The less than 2500 was invented and completely fake. This week is not that low either. But this week didn't even exist when that data was sourced. Completely added to disinform.

Now to the next argument...even though it was complete BS, your chart still shows its lower Splinty!! Forget the anger at the people manipulating you and why jew-haters are interested in manipulating you...

Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
The CDC would take a COVID19 patient that also had pneumonia and you would get a +1 for BOTH categories. In fact, in cases with lack of testing and someone dies of pneumonia but no COVID19 testing was available, they would be a pneumonia only.
Pneumonia deaths are included to provide context for understanding the completeness of COVID-19 mortality data and related trends. Deaths due to COVID-19 may be misclassified as pneumonia deaths in the absence of positive test results, and pneumonia may appear on death certificates as a comorbid condition. Thus, increases in pneumonia deaths may be an indicator of excess COVID-19-related mortality.

What do we really care about?

We care about ILI - influenza like illnesses. Generic appearance of flu symptoms in America's actual real time tracking mechanism.

Take all ILI subtract proven flu and you are left with all the stuff that makes you sick like parainfluenza and our new coronavirus.

This is from real time data around the country. SOME of that must be people going to the ED more than usual. But its unlikely that would be sustained or can be assumed most of this.

flu season coming to an end

ILI now compared to previous seasons... not tapering off.

Something is floating around keeping flu like illnesses up and its not influenza.

And no pneumonia cases aren't being traded for COVID19 cases. While data is early and will surely be revised with more uniform practices, there isnt a system in place that requires you to trade one diagnosis for another in this case.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
4 days ago the U.S. death toll from the beginning of this disease was 4,087.

That's 4087 in 2 1/2 months.
Add 4,421 in the last 4 days.
More than doubled.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
4 days ago the U.S. death toll from the beginning of this disease was 4,087.

That's 4087 in 2 1/2 months.
Add 4,421 in the last 4 days.
More than doubled.
Every time it doubles, there are more in the doubled population than the sum every previous doubling.

it's what makes the 'maybe everybody got sick already' argument ridiculous.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Obviously I am not a conspiracy theory guy, but that issue with the infant who died and was labeled as dying OF COVID-19 instead of simply WITH COVID-19 is a big deal. That spread quickly, and lots of parents are now convinced that their babies are at high risk for COVID-19, where is is sounding like that baby likely died of SIDS and had no symptoms of Coronavirus and particularly no evidence of pneumonia. Awaiting ME report.
You and I both know this, as per conversations about the threat of this virus (or lack their of) to kids.
Its a very important point and the governor should not have been tweeting about it. But the fix to us getting smarter epidemiology studies is not a twitter campaign whose primary goal is to disinform, divide, and undermine attempts to respond to the coronavirus. The general message from the current /pol/ spamming is that there is no epidemic, its manufactured by the media and "the jews", etc.

M

member 1013

You and I both know this, as per conversations about the threat of this virus (or lack their of) to kids.
Its a very important point and the governor should not have been tweeting about it. But the fix to us getting smarter epidemiology studies is not a twitter campaign whose primary goal is to disinform, divide, and undermine attempts to respond to the coronavirus. The general message from the current /pol/ spamming is that there is no epidemic, its manufactured by the media and "the jews", etc.
Splinty @Splinty I don’t know if you knew this, but people have been scapegoating the Jews for a long time.

read a book

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Doc, the authority figures have been doing that from the outset.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Splinty @Splinty I don’t know if you knew this, but people have been scapegoating the Jews for a long time.

read a book
You're God damn right. You'll be happy to know that one of Mrs Beard's good friends (she's a medical intern in NYC) has recently started dating a nice Jewish boy. I fucking lol'ed when she told me he's a personal injury lawyer.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Doc, the authority figures have been doing that from the outset.
False equivalency or something.
Again see this...

Lets dissect twitter misinformation...

Pol has been spamming this for a two days, note the usual anti @Lars stuff that makes pol tick. Why do these people always hate the jews?

Twitter bots pimp it to Jack Prosbeic, candace owens, and others:

No one notes the graph itself is manipulated to exaggerate the decline to create a narrative. Last dot ( data from a week ago) show below 2500. That data point didn't exist yet. It's added.

I took the time to pivot table the same data from this week. They had data from nchsdata12 (as per the graphic) I now have data 13.
https://www.cdc.gov/flu/weekly/weeklyarchives2019-2020/data/NCHSData13.csv

pink dots used to highlight season.

PM me if you want the excel file.

This week is 2930. The less than 2500 was invented and completely fake. This week is not that low either. But this week didn't even exist when that data was sourced. Completely added to disinform.

Now to the next argument...even though it was complete BS, your chart still shows its lower Splinty!! Forget the anger at the people manipulating you and why jew-haters are interested in manipulating you...

Provisional Death Counts for Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
The CDC would take a COVID19 patient that also had pneumonia and you would get a +1 for BOTH categories. In fact, in cases with lack of testing and someone dies of pneumonia but no COVID19 testing was available, they would be a pneumonia only.
Pneumonia deaths are included to provide context for understanding the completeness of COVID-19 mortality data and related trends. Deaths due to COVID-19 may be misclassified as pneumonia deaths in the absence of positive test results, and pneumonia may appear on death certificates as a comorbid condition. Thus, increases in pneumonia deaths may be an indicator of excess COVID-19-related mortality.

What do we really care about?

We care about ILI - influenza like illnesses. Generic appearance of flu symptoms in America's actual real time tracking mechanism.

Take all ILI subtract proven flu and you are left with all the stuff that makes you sick like parainfluenza and our new coronavirus.

This is from real time data around the country. SOME of that must be people going to the ED more than usual. But its unlikely that would be sustained or can be assumed most of this.

flu season coming to an end

ILI now compared to previous seasons... not tapering off.

Something is floating around keeping flu like illnesses up and its not influenza.

And no pneumonia cases aren't being traded for COVID19 cases. While data is early and will surely be revised with more uniform practices, there isnt a system in place that requires you to trade one diagnosis for another in this case.

It's not justified and it's not accurate. It is currently trending thanks to the twitterati cum youtubers.
Accuracy is what I care about.
Whataboutism doesn't change that.

M

member 1013

You're God damn right. You'll be happy to know that one of Mrs Beard's good friends (she's a medical intern in NYC) has recently started dating a nice Jewish boy. I fucking lol'ed when she told me he's a personal injury lawyer.
Does he know how to properly two tap a
nail?!?!?

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Twitter has begun a slow smolder campaign that no one is really dying of COVID19 and its being made up by doctors and hospitals to get more funding

Wild @Wild favorite lady is now pushing the same subject. This group theme is not accidental.

View: https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1246475201115758592
sorry bro
she pointed out a valid mis labeling
nothing wrong with that

She is not alone in that regard

and you created a straw man by saying "no one"

nobody said that

coronaviruses have killed many people for many years

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
False equivalency or something.
Again see this...

It's not justified and it's not accurate. It is currently trending thanks to the twitterati cum youtubers.
Whataboutism doesn't change that.
So let's say you're som dude in middle America. Sitting at home, out of work, not sure where your next meal is come from. You don't know anyone who's sick. You feel fine, but want to know when things will go back to normal so you can stop being scared. Then you find out, the WHO/CDC/and now elected leaders are lying to you. You think it's a very far leap to think the whole thing is a sham?

I'm definitely not in that boat, but I can completely understand how this would happen.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Lemon water bro, get with the program.
I drink warm lemon water in the morning.
It regulates the liver & promotes healthy gut flora, along with flushing.
We're drinking ginger tea every time our throats are soar.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Does he know how to properly two tap a
nail?!?!?
No, but I told Mrs Beard I want to go visit and have him take us to a nice Jewish deli. Then Mrs Beard said that was racist. I was all like "No it's not. I'm a pro-semite."

M

member 1013

No, but I told Mrs Beard I want to go visit and have him take us to a nice Jewish deli. Then Mrs Beard said that was racist. I was all like "No it's not. I'm a pro-semite."
Yea there’s good delis there plus jews aren’t a race we are an ethnoreligious group

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Nothing bad about it, just careful with the teeth. And I am sure you know this ain't stopping the virus right? Had this floating around on FB...

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Nothing bad about it, just careful with the teeth. And I am sure you know this ain't stopping the virus right? Had this floating around on FB...
A dude I work with recently started bringing this giant mason jar, full of lemon water to work.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
ginger is a beast

I like it with lemon juice and honey

hard on the teeth but damn does it make the body feel good