General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
This explains a lot of your political views
Well, no shit. If I had a positive view of the current system of labor exploitation, I wouldn't be a dirty communist, now would I?

But there are plenty of hardcore capitalist non-retards who view work as a necessary evil to climb the social ladder. They enjoy money, power and sex, not the tasks they have to perform to get them. The only retard is someone who actually thinks his shitty job is enjoyable.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Well, no shit. If I had a positive view of the current system of labor exploitation, I wouldn't be a dirty communist, now would I?

But there are plenty of hardcore capitalist non-retards who view work as a necessary evil to climb the social ladder. They enjoy money, power and sex, not the tasks they have to perform to get them. The only retard is someone who actually thinks his shitty job is enjoyable.
Maybe you've just never done a job you liked.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I don't know, I've had some pretty sweet gigs. Head janitor, fry cook, head fry cook, assistant night-shift supervisor on Wednesdays. There's not much I haven't seen in my professional career.
Just wait until you're cleaning the milkshake machine. Then you'll be like "Oh, now I get it." You'll spring out of your parents basement everyday with a thirst for life.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Coronavirus may 'reactivate' in cured patients, Korean health authority says
About 51 patients classed as having been cured in South Korea have tested positive again, the KCDC said in a briefing. Rather than being infected again, the virus may have been reactivated in these people, given they tested positive again shortly after being released from quarantine, said Mr Jeong Eun-kyeong, director-general of the KCDC.

"While we are putting more weight on reactivation as the possible cause, we are conducting a comprehensive study on this," Mr Jeong said. "There have been many cases when a patient during treatment will test negative one day and positive another." A patient is deemed fully recovered when two tests conducted with a 24-hour interval show negative results.
Fear of re-infection in recovered patients is also growing in China, where the virus first emerged last December, after reports that some tested positive again - and even died from the disease - after supposedly recovering and leaving hospital. There's little understanding of why this happens, although some believe that the problem may lie in inconsistencies in test results.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
When Peter Hotez was on Rogan this came up. He pointed out that the testing of upper respiratory tracts is notoriously difficult and that it's likely the people are testing false negative. Part of it was also because most of the second timers are just recently declared to be healthy.
that might explain some/most of the 10 negatives, but a third came back with titers so low that they doubt it would trigger an effective response. There's also a risk, like with Dengue fever, that the 2nd infection will be worse - and in this case much worse if the patient was previously treated with chloroquine.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Maybe Bernie can announce he's back in the race. That should crash the fuck out of it again.
I don't see why he doesn't run as an independent or green party out of spite. I thought old, rich white dudes were supposed to be really spiteful.