General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
For what it’s worth.
I fucking hate lockdown.

NZ has just had its 2nd death from beer flu.
79yr old and a 92yr old.

I think in this case, to date - our solution has been worse than the problem.

our population is basically 5 million.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Fuck me, I'm a failure. Drunk ordering a bouncy castle would be wicked. I flippin love kicking me shoes off and jumping on a bouncy castle, I have an excuse for being a flid then.

So Boris is out of ICU, I really expected the worst when he was put on a ventilator. His 7 month pregnant girlfriend with the virus must have been going nuts.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Well this brings it all home.

I may have no household income but I have enough food to last a couple of months I reckon, maybe 3.
Six THOUSAND families line up in their cars for hours at a food bank in San Antonio | Daily Mail Online
Six THOUSAND families line up in their cars for hours at a food bank in San Antonio as millions across the country turn to charity organizations to keep from going hungry during coronavirus lockdown
  • The San Antonio Food Bank distributed one million pounds of food to roughly 6,000 families on Thursday
  • Aerial photos show thousands of cars lined up at Trader's Plaza for the massive food distribution event
  • Each family left with enough food to fill two grocery carts, intended to last them the rest of the month
  • 'The need is that great,' San Antonio Food Bank President and CEO Eric Cooper said of the huge turnout
  • 'We are moving through food so fast, this is our second big distribution this week, but there are hundreds of distributions that are going on all the time,' Cooper added

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
I think that the shift to “just in time” production accounts for quite a bit of the shortages of medical masks as well. People think there are big warehouses full of goods waiting to be sold, but with modern manufacturing processes the existence of a big warehouse is evidence of inefficiency. Some manufacturers load pallets right onto waiting trailers as product rolls off the line.
Exactly. No matter where you are in the supply line - manufacturer, distributor, retailer - nobody ever wants more than they need.

And when the need suddenly explodes exponentially, there's going to be supply problems. It's inevitable.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Exactly. No matter where you are in the supply line - manufacturer, distributor, retailer - nobody ever wants more than they need.

And when the need suddenly explodes exponentially, there's going to be supply problems. It's inevitable.
And if there's stock, it is in another country.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
They aren't completely isolated.
Yea I was just looking into it. Reading the article it's kinda fucked. They got measles in the 60s and it killed 9 percent of them.

It's all well and dandy living in the woods and being a tribe, but if they are going to have any interaction with modern society, which they do, then they should implement vaccines etc.

They can pay with fucken bow and arrows or jaguar skins or something.

SongExotic2

ATM 3 CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. #ASSBLOODS
First 100
Jan 16, 2015

Fucken bullshit. You should have met my old logistics guy. That cocksucker had a hoarding problem. He would piss and whine everytime I wanted something like I was dipping into his pocket. I'd be like "I fucken ordered it you cunt!"

Or he'd whine that there's only two left. Well I only want one fucko, that's what they are there for.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Fucken bullshit. You should have met my old logistics guy. That cocksucker had a hoarding problem. He would piss and whine everytime I wanted something like I was dipping into his pocket. I'd be like "I fucken ordered it you cunt!"

Or he'd whine that there's only two left. Well I only want one fucko, that's what they are there for.
Would you be mad if you knew they had guns?

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
There's no doubt that Ardern handled this well. New Zealand's isolation gives it a massive advantage, but she took that advantage and ran with it. There a good chance the outbreak can be completely contained there.

The problem is going to be the choice of keeping the borders closed at severe economic cost. New Zealand is not China, which can sustain mass economic activity on the back of its own consumer base. Until the rest of the world gets it shit together, New Zealand is still stuffed too.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016

If he's stocking on allocations and you were dropping 3 months of usage on him with zero notice, I get it. That would fuck over people down the line who gave him a proper lead time.

I've nearly come to fist fights against salesmen over that shit.

Otherwise, nah. He's a tool.