General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I hate big cities
I don't wish any harm on P town though

I do not enter it ever...I drive the outskirts and never leave the vehicle

You guys have heard it before from me, but I think it already hit the west coast around christmas here...not trying to convince anybody but that is my take on it.
so why didn't anyone go to the hospital with 'ground glass opacity' in their lungs? or do you think the CFR is 1E-9?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
so why didn't anyone go to the hospital with 'ground glass opacity' in their lungs?
Just an FYI that this is a non-specific finding of various types of viral and other pneumonias.

The best evidence that Coronavirus was not in the United States for a significant length of time before we started catching it is simply the lack of increase in influenza like activity. We did not depart the norm or even have an uptick. And later on when we had early outbreaks like Seattle this was clearly measurable with our current ILI monitoring tools.
As such if there were any kind of virus in the United States that early you'd be looking at less than about 100-250 cases and then you'd have to explain how those cases did not exponentially increase for months and then suddenly did so at the expected rate once we observed those early single and double digit cases.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Just an FYI that this is a non-specific finding of various types of viral and other pneumonias.

The best evidence that Coronavirus was not in the United States for a significant length of time before we started catching it is simply the lack of increase in influenza like activity. We did not depart the norm or even have an uptick. And later on when we had early outbreaks like Seattle this was clearly measurable with our current ILI monitoring tools.
As such if there were any kind of virus in the United States that early you'd be looking at less than about 100-250 cases and then you'd have to explain how those cases did not exponentially increase for months and then suddenly did so at the expected rate once we observed those early single and double digit cases.
that's what I was driving at...if there is some 'latent herd immunity', I need someone to explain to me how the virus only attacked asymptomatic people.

just getting tired of explaining to everyone how doubling functions work.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
that's what I was driving at...if there is some 'latent herd immunity', I need someone to explain to me how the virus only attacked asymptomatic people.

just getting tired of explaining to everyone how doubling functions work.

yeah I'm totally in agreement. I'm just saying that the ground glass infiltrate thing need some context. We see ground glass infiltrates everyday.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
This is going to make Zeph @Zeph SO hard.
California going to start locking people up for their own good.

this is fake news they are only giving out fines for not wearing a mask you can still go to work and work out out doors.

they are also not really enforcing these laws that much. you can also lawyer your way out of it by saying you are working out or doing somehing essential.

theese fines and stay at home orders are also not exclusive to California many other states implemented them before we did.

dallas stay at home order till may 20 is actually longer than the one we have in california.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
so why didn't anyone go to the hospital with 'ground glass opacity' in their lungs? or do you think the CFR is 1E-9?
not trying to convince you of anything...and certainly not into a debate on the topic...fine print on that post states I am not trying to convince anybody of anything

I merely know many people who were sick this year that normally do not get sick...some said it was the worst flu of their lives...a few reported no smell or taste.

It is of course speculation, as is most of what is discussed in this thread.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
this is fake news they are only giving out fines for not wearing a mask you can still go to work and work out out doors.

they are also not really enforcing these laws that much. you can also lawyer your way out of it by saying you are working out or doing somehing essential.

theese fines and stay at home orders are also not exclusive to California many other states implemented them before we did.

dallas stay at home order till may 20 is actually longer than the one we have in california.
That is not fake news it's directly from the sheriff. Nice try though.