General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
and what if this is like a seasonal coronavirus, and it's just going to come around every year?
It might, but God Brain Trevor Bedford suggests that with the mutation rate and locations its mutating, and likely to mutate, that will not happen. That is, it'll enter and antibodies/vaccines response will be the same for many years.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
It might, but God Brain Trevor Bedford suggests that with the mutation rate and locations its mutating, and likely to mutate, that will not happen. That is, it'll enter and antibodies/vaccines response will be the same for many years.
i was reading about the lowered antibody levels in some recovered people, especially the young with very mild symptoms...was thinking it might be something that you get 'really bad' once, and then your body keeps sufficient antibody levels.

Is that a thing?

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I remember how gross the chinese chicken trash cans were when they gave the world bird flu back then. in retrospect I did appreciate the seriousness of how this gross mishandling of dead animals was going to lead to catastrophe.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I should start drinking again
the depressant effects of alcohol and isolation is a terrible combo I wouldn't be surprised if suicides sky rocket. alcohol goes to town on the way the brain functions.

Last edited:

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
I remember how gross the chinese chicken trash cans were when they gave the world bird flu back then. in retrospect I did appreciate the seriousness of how this gross mishandling of dead animals was going to lead to catastrophe.

I hope all Americans getting all high and mighty on food safety standards are big advocates of reforming their own shitty practices. Not that long ago swine flu started in the U.S.