General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What does it look like if we dont find a vaccine?
Infect a 1/3 of the world and kill off 0.5-1.0% of that over a couple years.
Then hope a mutation in a few years doesn't lead such a significant immune response.

But there's also increase interventions. If we find a good one, you could just be at threat of 1% death and could intervene for many of them. Except the developing world. They gonna get screwed.

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
They are overstating things.
The real reason for lack of vaccine is funding...and oh yeah, well there are vaccines that probably work that just haven't finished trials because wtf would I fast track something as rare as a MERS vaccine.

Scientists were close to a coronavirus vaccine years ago. Then the money dried up.

Safety and immunogenicity of an anti-Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus DNA vaccine: a phase 1, open-label, single-arm, dose-escalation trial - ScienceDirect
Furry muff. I did read the top article. To me 'nearly' having a vaccine is the same as 'nearly' winning a race though. They might claim they were a bee's dick away, but we don't know it would have got them across the finish line. We will see.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Infect a 1/3 of the world and kill off 0.5-1.0% of that over a couple years.
Then hope a mutation in a few years doesn't lead such a significant immune response.

But there's also increase interventions. If we find a good one, you could just be at threat of 1% death and could intervene for many of them. Except the developing world. They gonna get screwed.
Is a future mutation a given? Would a vaccine prevent a mutation?

Would I gain superpowers from a mutation?

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
Because we cost labour da election!!!
Nah that was down to multiple things. No one sane blames jewish people. The people in control of the disciplinary commitee that sat on antisemitism claims, then deleted them rather than hand them over to their successors when fired, and then briefed the press on them to grill their successors about why they hadn't dealt with those claims certainly played a part. It also turns out that half of all antisemitism claims were made by one guy. It's almost like it was a manufactored crisis, like the left had been saying, and antisemtitism wasn't any worse within Labour than the rest of society.

M

member 1013

Nah that was down to multiple things. No one sane blames jewish people. The people in control of the disciplinary commitee that sat on antisemitism claims, then deleted them rather than hand them over to their successors when fired, and then briefed the press on them to grill their successors about why they hadn't dealt with those claims certainly played a part. It also turns out that half of all antisemitism claims were made by one guy. It's almost like it was a manufactored crisis, like the left had been saying, and antisemtitism wasn't any worse within Labour than the rest of society.
Don’t answer me seriously bruv!!

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Anyone have any thoughts on Trumps 3 phase plan? I'm curious to see what the Texas Gov says at noon. Splinty @Splinty I assume you are helping our wonderful Governor make appropriate decisions in how the state will proceed.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Anyone have any thoughts on Trumps 3 phase plan? I'm curious to see what the Texas Gov says at noon. Splinty @Splinty I assume you are helping our wonderful Governor make appropriate decisions in how the state will proceed.
All for it
Open this bad boy up, especially in areas that aren't overwhelmed(most areas)
I hope Texas can lead the way

I think Dem states are gonna want to keep it locked down as long as possible.

This thing has been political from the start sadly