General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Covid-19 update...
99.995% of humans are still alive.

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
This is where we live..... Sweet black baby Jesus, this is where we live..... Isch, lueVelvet @lueVelvet @conor mcgregor nut hugger @Bones Nose.... When this all falls to the inevitable shit here as it will, I have access to a yacht off the coast of Sarasota.... We can sit there, enjoy a cocktail, and literally watch Florida burn in front of our eyes
Is the governor of Florida retarded?

Oh wait.... Florida.

Never mind.

Namaste

Thuglife13

✝👑🍕🍦🍩
Dec 15, 2018
The state of Michigan can suck my dick.
Picking and choosing which companies they will ship product to. Apparently an essential business in Ohio isn't necessarily considered an essential business in Michigan. So the product is still being made in MI, but it's only being shipped to what they deem essential companies.

I was told to write my senator when Canada fucked up the rail supplies.

I didn't.

But I will be writing my Senator over this shit. And I will be asking him to declare war on TTUN.

Fucking motherfuckers. Let's settle this shit once and for all.

Whitmer can eat a dick.

I'm also going to write Ryan Day and see if he'll let me suit up and play LB on November 28.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Man I'm so over this shit

5 weeks ago one of these twitter people who is constantly posted as a "verified" source of info was going on and on about how we won't be able to have inter state travel, gas will be running out, it's time to hunker down etc

Ok, where is that? when has this happened? I feel like a lot of these infectious disease twitter doctors were foaming at the mouth in glee over this, like they've been waiting their whole lives and shit. Total doom and gloom fear mongering. It's hard to care anymore.
i think a lot of people around here are not giving a fuck anymore. the streets used to be deserted .now traffic is getting heavy on my way home and the roads are busy again. business was slow for abut 2 weeks and now it has picked up pretty much to where it should be at this time of year. i am not seeing a lot of masks anymore when i go grocery shopping. our govt keeps wavering on whether or not you should wear one. i am over this shit personally . dont get me wrong i aint going to eat a bat or go around a sick person but i am over the constant doom and gloom and sky is falling bullshit

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

Lookit that temperature shift on sunday. Just imagine all the things I can do and places to go.

I can imagine going to the zoo.
I can imagine having a pint on the patio. I can imagine going to a show.
I can imagine going to the mountains for some skiing!

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Is the governor of Florida retarded?

Oh wait.... Florida.

Never mind.

Namaste

It's a pretty strange reopening.
because of the lack of testing you have to do a big lockdown. We created that by not preparing.
So you shot an approach to slow the spread and then you have to taper that off. Lots of arguments on how to do that. But most of those arguments go along the idea that you need some gain for the increased risk. We don't really know what's going to happen on the taper out so you start bringing back people that are working or something like that. Younger people under the age of 40 who are going to work maybe. So you're looking at economic gain self-sufficiency and low-risk medical in that group. Something like that seems to make a lot of sense.

geographically opening a public beach to all comers seems to have very little gain but lots of risk. This does not seem like a smart way to do it

MartyLife

ยาเม็ดสีแดงหรือสีฟ้ายา?
Feb 7, 2020
It's a pretty strange reopening.
because of the lack of testing you have to do a big lockdown. We created that by not preparing.
So you shot an approach to slow the spread and then you have to taper that off. Lots of arguments on how to do that. But most of those arguments go along the idea that you need some gain for the increased risk. We don't really know what's going to happen on the taper out so you start bringing back people that are working or something like that. Younger people under the age of 40 who are going to work maybe. So you're looking at economic gain self-sufficiency and low-risk medical in that group. Something like that seems to make a lot of sense.

geographically opening a public beach to all comers seems to have very little gain but lots of risk. This does not seem like a smart way to do it
Yep.
It's almost as if they think the virus has a curfew.

Namaste

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Splinty @Splinty what are you hearing down there?

Behind the curve in testing, Texas leans into May reopening plan - CNNPolitics

They mention a story in the Houston Chronicle of how Texas has had the worst testing of any state. Are they just about to say F it and make you work triple shifts?

It pretty much is what it is.
All the way into this the governor has acquiesce to the mayors. Texas is afraid to get too strong from the governorship. We've got a history of limiting their power in response.

I expect the reopening plan to occur and to see urban centers run their own continued mitigation.

In a state that is so large and spans so many distinct geographic and regional centers from very rural to very urban, it makes sense to do a heterogeneous reopening.
If it looks like we're on track to reopen faster than everyone else or wisdom says we should, I will watch the details and expect to see something that essentially passes the buck to the urban center mayors and basically only reopens small rural areas that already have minimal traffic and inherent social distancing. Some of this will be for show.

If you're on the other hand I'm wrong and the mayor's follow along with the governor, which I don't expect, then it's true. We are woefully behind in testing and it's testing that lets you taper off your restrictions with data effectively. So we might be screwing it up big time