General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
I saw this a day or two ago, and it's encouraging. But it's a preliminary anecdote at this point.

first, you have know how much confidence you have in the data. AFAIK, the serological tests aren't great. But give it the benefit of the doubt and take it as mostly accurate testing. When the sample size is this small and homogeneous, small sources of variance can move the result significantly. How many people over the age of 70, or very poor, or mentally ill, etc use Facebook? Actually, FB is probably a good source population for mental illness.

You also have to be clear about what the results indicate. In this case, does the presence of an antibody mean immunity? Right now, it doesn't seem like that's the case. And I don't see anything in this test that quantifies the levels of antibody.

Finally, We have to be clear about the applicability of the data...we can't just say that 4% of the state or country has been infected. As an example, if you applied their case fatality ratio to NYC, everyone in NYC has been infected and there are no new cases. So obviously there's a gap in the data that tends to overstate the prevalence the virus in the population. But how much and why needs to be determined so the applicability of the data is greater.
haha
I knew you would like it

I only watched the video

I'm taking it all with a grain of salt right now anyways...I am being a good boy and still behaving though, aka no face coughing or getting in peoples mugs

Rambo John J

Baker Team
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Social distancing

It’s not hard, this virus isn’t a “genius”. Just we are cattle and are expendable. Money isn’t in the people. It’s in their destruction. Lol this guy is in charge
we are all just cattle bro

even those staying inside their houses 25/8

U stay strong and safe my man

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Not because of Covid 19. Because of Oakland.
Leave Oakland alone,! I fell asleep a couple of times (who the fuck does that during the loudest shoutiest metal gigs but anywhore. Fox Theatre is a really delicious venue. Seeing my Machine Head there do their anniversary put something in my eye.
Gosh damn that may be the last gig I ever go to.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Leave Oakland alone,! I fell asleep a couple of times (who the fuck does that during the loudest shoutiest metal gigs but anywhore. Fox Theatre is a really delicious venue. Seeing my Machine Head there do their anniversary put something in my eye.
Gosh damn that may be the last gig I ever go to.
Wife and I spent some time in California last year. From LA to San Francisco we couldn't find any black people so we hit the Bay bridge and cruised Oakland just to see our people.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
How can there be so much Coronavirus in New Orleans without 5G?
Stop with the disinformation campaign or I'm gonna have to pink ya'.
If we're gonna have a pinned thread that represents the site, we need to be responsible with clearly outlined theories as implications can be dangerous.

1ST WARNING

Last edited:

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Wife and I spent some time in California last year. From LA to San Francisco we couldn't find any black people so we hit the Bay bridge and cruised Oakland just to see our people.
My favourite time in Oakland was Vikings (husband is a Vikings fan) guy when they did pretty much a hail Mary, the guy we'd been having a drink with jumped on the top of the bar. Was it AVP? I'm Blls so I don't rememberhaha

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
My favourite time in Oakland was Vikings (husband is a Vikings fan) guy when they did pretty much a hail Mary, the guy we'd been having a drink with jumped on the top of the bar. Was it AVP? I'm Blls so I don't rememberhaha
Only one I remember from Vikings was Randy Moss.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I wonder if the US will do this particularly with cruise lines
I saw Trump mention he didn't like the cruise ships registering in other countries during one of his press conferences a couple weeks ago.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I saw Trump mention he didn't like the cruise ships registering in other countries during one of his press conferences a couple weeks ago.
The cruise ships piss me off because supposedly they can fly a foreign flag and sign their waiver tax wise like churches can. No taxes paid.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Friend from another MMA site lost his dad the same time I lost my mum to the same disease a ew months ago. We are thankful that they went before this all started. My step-dad not being able to go in and see her, holy fuck.

May have posted this already, not quite with it atm.

regular john

Muay Thai World Champion
May 21, 2015
Which one of these guys is Too swole to control @Too swole to control ?

lol this is the exact same joke that people do about Bolsonaro supporters here. 98% of them are middle aged dads wearing sunglasses in their social media profiles making this exact same pose. Very worried about preserving their right to be idiots.

it makes sense because Brazilian far right simply imported American conservative ideology word by word. Christianity, guns, neoliberalism, anti-communism, the same old shit.