General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

sparkuri

Pulse On The Finger Of The Community
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
sparkuri @sparkuri Have you bought some?
I have been wearing for two days, and gloves, bleach spraying all doors, handles, frames. Kids are geared up.
Got a new box of gloves today, new box of masks backordered, comes in 27th.

Watch the video I just posted & draw your own conclusion.
This is 20-50x more deadly than the flu, and FAR more virulent.
That fact coupled with 1/10th the coverage they gave H1N1, Sars or Mers, leads me to personal conclusions...

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
I have been wearing for two days, and gloves, bleach spraying all doors, handles, frames. Kids are geared up.
Got a new box of gloves today, new box of masks backordered, comes in 27th.

Watch the video I just posted & draw your own conclusion.
This is 20-50x more deadly than the flu, and FAR more virulent.
That fact coupled with 1/10th the coverage they gave H1N1, Sars or Mers, leads me to personal conclusions...
Do you get strange looks? Not that that matters. Husband works at a gigantic Apple office with a massive influx of people who go to and from China. It took them ages to tell everyone to not come into the office if they'd been there. Ridiculous.

He has a cold which I think I've just caught, we've been in separate rooms but it is a bit of a worry. I'm on some weird medication and an ex smoker's cough which I can't kick but just in the back of my mind. Not so silly if it is in your's I guess.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I hope it does frendo.
I do not envy that region right now.
Quite a few cases in Thailand. I reckon I’ll be heading up north in a while, got a buddy who’s visiting a good friend of his up there. Might motivate me to lay off the alcohol for a spell.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Do you get strange looks? Not that that matters. Husband works at a gigantic Apple office with a massive influx of people who go to and from China. It took them ages to tell everyone to not come into the office if they'd been there. Ridiculous.

He has a cold which I think I've just caught, we've been in separate rooms but it is a bit of a worry. I'm on some weird medication and an ex smoker's cough which I can't kick but just in the back of my mind. Not so silly if it is in your's I guess.
No, I smoked 25 years, and you can't outrun fate. You can delay it, if you're a saint.
Regarding funny looks, a little, but the college is half asian so they're wearing masks.
Only the libtards gaulk at me to & from wherever I roam, stairing at the appalling racism I blatantly display; so offensive...

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
No, I smoked 25 years, and you can't outrun fate. You can delay it, if you're a saint.
Regarding funny looks, a little, but the college is half asian so they're wearing masks.
Only the libtards gaulk at me to & from wherever I roam, stairing at the appalling racism I blatantly display; so offensive...
I know it's probably daft but cancelled a China NY parade hotel for a few days last weekend just hedging my bets. Biggest Chinatown outside of China and I didn't want to be worried.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
I know it's probably daft but cancelled a China NY parade hotel for a few days last weekend just hedging my bets. Biggest Chinatown outside of China and I didn't want to be worried.
Playstation cancelled its showing at the big annualgame conference.
Things are getting cancelled everywhere, this is no joke.
I just hope Shen-yun isn't cancelled.
I fear it's inevitable at this rate.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
Elon Musk just took a jab at him, calling their conversations "underwhelming".

I cannot stand Bill Gates.
To me, he is the epitome of beta-male take over the world sleezy poisonous venomous techno-biological dictator.
If I could snap my fingers and have anyone disappear, he'd be at the top.

tang

top korean roofer
Oct 21, 2015
You seen anyone around here with masks? I saw an oriental girl at the Bird Ave Safeway the other day with one on.
yea I've seen a few at Costco on Senter Rd. All Asians. It's mostly for flu I think. Asians love wearing masks too.

I go to that safeway all the time

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
yea I've seen a few at Costco on Senter Rd. All Asians. It's mostly for flu I think. Asians love wearing masks too.

I go to that safeway all the time
Yeah saw more in your previous neck of the woods in Seoul but loads in Thailand too.
It's my go to Safeway, it's the closest and Meridian ticks me off to get to Hamilton, the drive to the Bird Ave branch is prettier.
Bet you wouldn't recognise me at all. Funny.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
tang @Vagabond the day after I moved here went to the midtown Safeway and very nearly got knocked off my feet with a guy running out of the store with a basket full of stolen goods. So I don't go there again, bunch of really dodgy people in the car park too.

I actually felt bad for the guy stealing a bit, there was no booze or anything, just necessities so he was obviously in a bit of a tight spot. I know it isn't right but he wasn't doing it for any financial gain, he maybe just needed to feed his family.

sparkuri

First 100
Jan 16, 2015
-Iran with 2 cases, both died yesterday.
3 new cases today, plenty more to come.

-S.Korea super-carrier infected at least 15 other people.

- Japan moving from endemic to epidemic levels.

- Despite not knowing the symptom-free incubation period, cruise ships releasing hundreds of passengers after only 14-day minimal quarantines, almost certain cases of carriage.

silentsinger

Momofuku
Jun 23, 2015
Husband just came home from work early because he's still coughing and spluttering. He walked in with a 6 pack of Corona and some limes. Corona and lyme disease! I don't even do Corona anymore but he knew it would make me laugh.

Had to call my doctor to ask their advice about postponing an appointment tomorrow and they don't want me near the place, lol. It's only a cold but I can see everyone freaking out so thought it best to check.