General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
I can at least understand that people could be against having some hurriedly developed vaccine injected into them without knowing the possible long term effects, but why the big fuss about masks?

There is a Tory MP who referred to the rule about wearing masks in British shops as a "monstrous imposition":

70 odd years ago, Britain was being bombed by the Germans, people had to sleep in underground stations and pick their way through the rubble to get to work. They showed the "spirit of the blitz" and just came together and got on with things.

Now, amidst a worldwide pandemic, wearing a cloth mask in shops is a "monstrous imposition"?

What a big girl's blouse.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
I can at least understand that people could be against having some hurriedly developed vaccine injected into them without knowing the possible long term effects, but why the big fuss about masks?

There is a Tory MP who referred to the rule about wearing masks in British shops as a "monstrous imposition":

70 odd years ago, Britain was being bombed by the Germans, people had to sleep in underground stations and pick their way through the rubble to get to work. They showed the "spirit of the blitz" and just came together and got on with things.

Now, amidst a worldwide pandemic, wearing a cloth mask in shops is a "monstrous imposition"?

What a big girl's blouse.
Medical leaders throughout the pandemic have repeatedly given out false information and political leaders have done their best to make the pandemic a political issue. So what we now have is a very confused public.

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Medical leaders throughout the pandemic have repeatedly given out false information and political leaders have done their best to make the pandemic a political issue. So what we now have is a very confused public.
I get that, but why throw a tantrum about wearing a mask? It's such a small thing to do, the worst that can happen is your face gets a bit warm, or maybe if you wear glasses they might fog up a bit. As soon as you are out of the shop, you take it back off.

Such a minor inconvenience, yet people throw a big hissy fit and make a scene in a store because of it. Pathetic.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
I get that, but why throw a tantrum about wearing a mask? It's such a small thing to do, the worst that can happen is your face gets a bit warm, or maybe if you wear glasses they might fog up a bit. As soon as you are out of the shop, you take it back off.

Such a minor inconvenience, yet people throw a big hissy fit and make a scene in a store because of it. Pathetic.
I'd imagine it's the same reason people throw tantrums when they see people not wearing masks. They're morons.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Yep, plenty of them about it seems! :)

I can at least understand why people complain about non mask wearers though.
Complain online? Whatever
is what it is. Confronting someone in a store? At this point we all know that person is making a conscious decision to not wear a mask. Yelling at them is only going to yield a poor outcome. Its kind of like yelling at people on traffic. No one has ever been yelled at and yelled "Thanks! I completely forgot to check my blind spot. I'll be more diligent next time!"

I've also seen some dogshit behavior from people even they're in the right. A couple weeks ago I watched a Walmart greeter take great pleasure in denying an old man with his young grandchild entry because they'd forgotten their masks.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
NotBanjaxo @Banjaxo it's also worth noting you're starting to see mask creep in a lot of places where the places masks are required or suggested are becoming increasingly bizarre and illogical. Some people are just deciding they're refusing to play the game altogether.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Any idea how long that's expected to last?
The official line is currently “3 days” to allow for contract tracking.
There’s no way that will be the case - they won’t do it in that time.
These are from an unknown source not currently linked to border workers out a managed quarantine facility.
3 days takes us to friday, so it will be extended through the weekend and then I predict the standard “need to lock down for minimum two week indication period”. This is what has happened here previously with lockdowns - each was extended by a bit.

BJTT_Kiwi

My member is more well known than yours
Jun 25, 2015
Are you in Auckland? If they extend the lockdown I imagine a lot of kiwis are gonna be feeling deflated.
Yup I’m in Ponsonby, bang smack in the middle of things.

479F4FF0-9EF7-486B-9E3D-4FB63959B858.png
The overly positive sentiment is not so obvious this time around, there’s a lot of “fuck you Jacinda”

NotBanjaxo

Nov 16, 2019
Complain online? Whatever
is what it is. Confronting someone in a store? At this point we all know that person is making a conscious decision to not wear a mask. Yelling at them is only going to yield a poor outcome. Its kind of like yelling at people on traffic. No one has ever been yelled at and yelled "Thanks! I completely forgot to check my blind spot. I'll be more diligent next time!"

I've also seen some dogshit behavior from people even they're in the right. A couple weeks ago I watched a Walmart greeter take great pleasure in denying an old man with his young grandchild entry because they'd forgotten their masks.
There's no need to be a dick about it, I thoroughly agree on that.

ShatsBassoon

Throwing bombs & banging moms
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Yup I’m in Ponsonby, bang smack in the middle of things.

View attachment 12418
The overly positive sentiment is not so obvious this time around, there’s a lot of “fuck you Jacinda”
Guarantee they only said 3 days as to not upset the masses too much. I'm certain it will get extended and potentially raised to level 4 until the find out where the family contracted the virus.

Yossarian

TMMAC Addict
Oct 25, 2015
Just a side note. Sister tested negative. They still made her stay under quarantine because of her symptoms.

It was just pneumonia though, day 3 of antibiotics and she was like new. ?

Did you say false negatives aren't a problem?
Good news!

False negatives are devastating.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016

White House weighs plan to keep out US citizens and legal residents

Sheepdog

Protecting America from excessive stool loitering
Dec 1, 2015
It's incredible but not surprising to see cunts actively cheering on the Russian vaccine to fail. They would rather we all suffer through a public health and economic disaster than let another 'team' get bragging rights.

Nationalist propaganda is a more dangerous virus than covid.