General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.
M

member 3289

I think you should start a petition to make you the Florida Covid Czar. You could be in charge of policy and executing CTer's who spew misinformation.
I would love to go to those county commission meetings and put a gag on the lunatics protesting mask mandates and talking about how evil Bill Gates is

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Medical Officer of Health Dr. Vera Etches announced on Tuesday she is invoking an order under the Health Protection and Promotion Act that requires people to self-isolate if they test positive for COVID-19, have signs of symptoms, are a close contact of a positive test, are awaiting a test result or have reasonable grounds to believe they may have COVID-19.

“Failure to comply with this order could result in a fine of up to $5,000 for every day or part of a day on which the offence occurs or continues,” Etches said on Tuesday.
So I guess everyone here just has to stay in their house forever?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Local friend of friend. Yall be safe out there.

View: https://www.facebook.com/maureen.fagan.14/posts/1603340829825992

***Written by Brant Fagan, Adeline's dad:
September 19, 2020, 4:24 AM Central Time
The time the world stopped for a moment and will never be the same. Our beautiful daughter, sister, friend, physician, Adeline Marie Fagan, MD passed away.
We want to sincerely thank all who supported Adeline and us through this difficult time. You were all there cheering and praying and crying. The number of well wishes and caring people humbles us. Even in this darkest of times, there are good people willing to share a piece of themselves for the sake of another. If you can do one thing, be an “Adeline” in the world. Be passionate about helping others less fortunate, have a smile on your face, a laugh in your heart, and a Disney tune on your lips.
We love you, Adeline, with all our hearts.
♥️
So you know what happened: Adeline was doing wonderfully for the last few days. Last night was no different. Around 10:00 we called and got a good report. As we settled down for the night 30 minutes later, the phone rang - Houston, TX. There was a problem and we needed to decide about performing a procedure to relieve the pressure of a massive brain bleed. The nurse came into her room for a routine task and noticed Adeline was not responsive. They immediately rushed her for a CT scan which showed the extent of the damage. The neurosurgeon said it was a “1 in a million” chance she would even survive the procedure, but that Adeline would have several severe cognitive and sensory limitations if she did survive. Of that the doctor was sure. Everyone was crushed by the events, the nurses, the doctors, and, of course, us. The doctor said they have seen this type of event in COVID patients that spend time on ECMO. The vascular system is also compromised by the virus, resulting in bleeds. We spent the remaining minutes hugging, comforting, and talking to Adeline. And then the world stopped...***
As many of you know, I have three sisters. My second oldest sister, Adeline, is a doctor. She lives in Texas, where she was beginning her second year of residency when she contracted COVID-19. What started out as flu-like symptoms has escalated to a 4 weeks hospital stay, that is currently ongoing. Last week Adeline took a turn for the worse and was put on life support. She is currently hooked up to a ventilator, which breathes for her, and an ECMO machine, that oxygenates her blood.
My goal in posting this is to raise awareness. Every day I see posts and tweets about how COVID is a hoax, no deadlier than the flu, and that the government telling you to wear a mask is about control and not safety. But this virus is not a joke. Adeline is twenty-eight years old. She was young, healthy, and strong. As a doctor working closely with patients, she followed every safety protocol and procedure put forth by the CDC. SHE STILL GOT SICK.
Adeline has always been a fighter and now, helped by everyone’s prayers and the team of doctors at her hospital, she is fighting every day for her life. Adeline’s case is a lesson for everyone. Wear a mask. Social distance. Stay home if you can. You just might save a life. You just might be able to save someone like Adeline.
**If you would like more information on Adeline's journey please visit her GoFundMe page. Any donations are greatly appreciated. If you can not donate we appreciate your thoughts and prayers.** gf.me/u/yppqqi
Please feel free to share/repost

1600833797074.png1600833950925.png1600833804464.png

Zeph

TMMAC Addict
Jan 22, 2015
6k cases a day here now. Talks of another lockdown, instead we got a 10pm curfew at pubs so people can just go to friends houses afterwards. Technically you're only allowed 6 people in a house from two different households, but if you're going to the pub you don't give a shit, especially after a few drinks. Tory spin is to blame the individual all the while reopening schools, pushing people back to work and giving people 50% off to eat out for a while. It's all so dumb as fuck, they could help everyone through this if they wanted to, but they are ideologically opposed to it.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
6k cases a day here now. Talks of another lockdown, instead we got a 10pm curfew at pubs so people can just go to friends houses afterwards. Technically you're only allowed 6 people in a house from two different households, but if you're going to the pub you don't give a shit, especially after a few drinks. Tory spin is to blame the individual all the while reopening schools, pushing people back to work and giving people 50% off to eat out for a while. It's all so dumb as fuck, they could help everyone through this if they wanted to, but they are ideologically opposed to it.
The stupidity of covid leadership hardly seems ideological.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Local friend of friend. Yall be safe out there.

View: https://www.facebook.com/maureen.fagan.14/posts/1603340829825992

***Written by Brant Fagan, Adeline's dad:
September 19, 2020, 4:24 AM Central Time
The time the world stopped for a moment and will never be the same. Our beautiful daughter, sister, friend, physician, Adeline Marie Fagan, MD passed away.
We want to sincerely thank all who supported Adeline and us through this difficult time. You were all there cheering and praying and crying. The number of well wishes and caring people humbles us. Even in this darkest of times, there are good people willing to share a piece of themselves for the sake of another. If you can do one thing, be an “Adeline” in the world. Be passionate about helping others less fortunate, have a smile on your face, a laugh in your heart, and a Disney tune on your lips.
We love you, Adeline, with all our hearts.
♥️
So you know what happened: Adeline was doing wonderfully for the last few days. Last night was no different. Around 10:00 we called and got a good report. As we settled down for the night 30 minutes later, the phone rang - Houston, TX. There was a problem and we needed to decide about performing a procedure to relieve the pressure of a massive brain bleed. The nurse came into her room for a routine task and noticed Adeline was not responsive. They immediately rushed her for a CT scan which showed the extent of the damage. The neurosurgeon said it was a “1 in a million” chance she would even survive the procedure, but that Adeline would have several severe cognitive and sensory limitations if she did survive. Of that the doctor was sure. Everyone was crushed by the events, the nurses, the doctors, and, of course, us. The doctor said they have seen this type of event in COVID patients that spend time on ECMO. The vascular system is also compromised by the virus, resulting in bleeds. We spent the remaining minutes hugging, comforting, and talking to Adeline. And then the world stopped...***
As many of you know, I have three sisters. My second oldest sister, Adeline, is a doctor. She lives in Texas, where she was beginning her second year of residency when she contracted COVID-19. What started out as flu-like symptoms has escalated to a 4 weeks hospital stay, that is currently ongoing. Last week Adeline took a turn for the worse and was put on life support. She is currently hooked up to a ventilator, which breathes for her, and an ECMO machine, that oxygenates her blood.
My goal in posting this is to raise awareness. Every day I see posts and tweets about how COVID is a hoax, no deadlier than the flu, and that the government telling you to wear a mask is about control and not safety. But this virus is not a joke. Adeline is twenty-eight years old. She was young, healthy, and strong. As a doctor working closely with patients, she followed every safety protocol and procedure put forth by the CDC. SHE STILL GOT SICK.
Adeline has always been a fighter and now, helped by everyone’s prayers and the team of doctors at her hospital, she is fighting every day for her life. Adeline’s case is a lesson for everyone. Wear a mask. Social distance. Stay home if you can. You just might save a life. You just might be able to save someone like Adeline.
**If you would like more information on Adeline's journey please visit her GoFundMe page. Any donations are greatly appreciated. If you can not donate we appreciate your thoughts and prayers.** gf.me/u/yppqqi
Please feel free to share/repost

View attachment 16214View attachment 16216View attachment 16215
Damn, something similar happened to my mother about 7 years ago, it was a long road to recovery but she is doing well now.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
You better buy a welder and start welding people into their homes. You'd be a hero to commies everywhere.

kristian82

Feb 26, 2020
How are the pubs managing it where you are? I'm a bouncer and 90 percent of my work is enforcing covid restrictions right now.