General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I wonder what the social gathering habits are like in those countries now versus summer there. Everyone moving indoors gather as it gets cold? Kind of like us in the summer here in Texas movng into the A/C???

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
I wonder what the social gathering habits are like in those countries now versus summer there. Everyone moving indoors gather as it gets cold? Kind of like us in the summer here in Texas movng into the A/C???
What does AC do to your Texas electric bill on an average summer month?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
What does AC do to your Texas electric bill on an average summer month?
Not really that bad.
150 bucks for 2500 sq ft
Winter is 60 bucks.
About 10 cents a kWH

EDIT just looked for August. Got up to 175 this year as the highest.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Not really that bad.
150 bucks for 2500 sq ft
Winter is 60 bucks.
About 10 cents a kWH
Not to harp on elections but this is why I’m afraid to see Texas turn to California.

1,100 square foot house
Winter about $100
Summer $387

Last edited:

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not to harp on elections but this is why us conservatives are afraid to see Texas turn to California.

1,100 square foot house
Winter about $100
Summer $387
And yet I currently have an electric co-op.
It's a shit show when they deregulated Houston. Much higher prices. Terrible service. All money is made on marketing and scamming. You can take advantage of it though by changing companies every 6 months to keep using introductory pricing...basically getting discounts on them overcharging everyone else.

Also Texas has some of the highest electricity prices in the country (for the type of electric and transmission equivalent) and its highest in the deregulated markets.

Cali cost isn't just due to your hippies (thats some of it). Some of its also just a popular place with high cost of living due to that simple supply and demand. People are willing to pay to be there.

Likewise, not all of Texas cheap electric is our doing. We are 15% higher than equivalent states.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Not to harp on elections but this is why I’m afraid to see Texas turn to California.

1,100 square foot house
Winter about $100
Summer $387

Looked it up. You guys are around 18c /KwH
Texas is averaging around 11.6

Whats interesting is you are way down along with the rest of the country, we are some of the only ones going up.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Our hospitals are holding admitted patients in the ER because we don't have empty beds to place them.

Some up to 19 hours. So actual ER patients are just hanging out in the lobby waiting to be seen.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Our hospitals are holding admitted patients in the ER because we don't have empty beds to place them.

Some up to 19 hours. So actual ER patients are just hanging out in the lobby waiting to be seen.
And this is why people should be wearing masks, but no some fucking idiots just won't.

Mr Smokalotapotamus

You gonna pass that bro??
Jun 23, 2018
How is John Hopkins profiting?
No clue but every time I turn around I read how this is mis reported for profit. I was scared at first and once I started seeing the bullshit numbers I no longer believe anything they say about this. Also I always hear there are too many people on the plant. Well maybe this is a blessing.