General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Qat

QoQ
Nov 3, 2015
What's this?

Reichsbürger
People who believe we aren't a legit nation and think they are still citizens (Bürger) of the Reich instead of the Republik.
Thus being opposed to everything concerning the government, be it police, taxation, IDs, you name it. Obviously a perceived overreach like its happening now will trigger those folks hard.

It is based on the standpoint that our current constitution is not valid, since the Weimarer constitution from 1919 was not ever officially scrapped, not by Hitler, and not by the Allies either. Which would mean de jure the Reich only is in existence, and everything that involves new constitutions after it is null and void.

However, it's not a homogeneous group, there are rather small groups or single persons affiliated by this common belief, and their common love for jet-boats. Most think it's still the Kaiserreich (before ww1), others the Reich from 1937, and still others think they can just claim this somehow and "quit" citizenship via a letter and stop paying taxes n stuff.

Other factors are the two constitutions we had in West-Germany and East-Germany, that both said only they represent the whole nation and all its citizens, and that after reunification there has not been a newly crafted constitution (the western one was just taken).

Constitutional judges have said everything is in order since the old constitution has been replaced and our constitution now is the one tho.

So it is complex law stuff with a lot of technicalities in play, that some people use to create alternative realities for themselves.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
People who believe we aren't a legit nation and think they are still citizens (Bürger) of the Reich instead of the Republik.
Thus being opposed to everything concerning the government, be it police, taxation, IDs, you name it. Obviously a perceived overreach like its happening now will trigger those folks hard.

It is based on the standpoint that our current constitution is not valid, since the Weimarer constitution from 1919 was not ever officially scrapped, not by Hitler, and not by the Allies either. Which would mean de jure the Reich only is in existence, and everything that involves new constitutions after it is null and void.

However, it's not a homogeneous group, there are rather small groups or single persons affiliated by this common belief, and their common love for jet-boats. Most think it's still the Kaiserreich (before ww1), others the Reich from 1937, and still others think they can just claim this somehow and "quit" citizenship via a letter and stop paying taxes n stuff.

Other factors are the two constitutions we had in West-Germany and East-Germany, that both said only they represent the whole nation and all its citizens, and that after reunification there has not been a newly crafted constitution (the western one was just taken).

Constitutional judges have said everything is in order since the old constitution has been replaced and our constitution now is the one tho.

So it is complex law stuff with a lot of technicalities in play, that some people use to create alternative realities for themselves.
sounds like the Kraut version of Sovereign Citizen

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

We call those retards "sovereign citizens" over here. There are a lot of videos out on the internet of them getting fucked up, it's funny.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
It would take me a week to type out what is going on at my work. Total incompetence and coverup. 12 of 16 coworkers out and I’ve been exposed to 2 positive cases in last couple days. No official acknowledgment from management. I still may get called later but instructing me to go site to site knowing I’m direct contact is unreal.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
It would take me a week to type out what is going on at my work. Total incompetence and coverup. 12 of 16 coworkers out and I’ve been exposed to 2 positive cases in last couple days. No official acknowledgment from management. I still may get called later but instructing me to go site to site knowing I’m direct contact is unreal.
Do you get sick days where you'd be able to take a couple days off to get tested and wait for the results.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Do you get sick days where you'd be able to take a couple days off to get tested and wait for the results.
If I don’t get tested and get sent home get 10 days paid no questions asked.
If I get tested and positive it’s turned over to workmans comp and I have to go through investigation to get paid.
I met with the union and confirmed it’s better for me to come to work and get sent home sick as opposed to risk losing all my personal leave time.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
If I don’t get tested and get sent home get 10 days paid no questions asked.
If I get tested and positive it’s turned over to workmans comp and I have to go through investigation to get paid.
I met with the union and confirmed it’s better for me to come to work and get sent home sick as opposed to risk losing all my personal leave time.
Holy fuck, it sounds like a whole bunch of folks are trying to end up in court for negligence.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Holy fuck, it sounds like a whole bunch of folks are trying to end up in court for negligence.
Correct and I’ve called family members to make sure they use the money I leave behind to sue the hell out of them if something tragic happens to me.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015
Correct and I’ve called family members to make sure they use the money I leave behind to sue the hell out of them if something tragic happens to me.
You will be fine Bro.

Just leave me the chute box stuff.

I will sue them if you catch the bad rona but I think you will be fine.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Well yeah.
It'll be here forever. It'll be background noise in another generation.
I read it could happen in as little as 6-12 months if we can unfuck this vaccine roll out. They said it will be much like the common cold, also caused by a rona virus.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
I pray it doesn't come to that.
Still Waiting on a call or email 7 1/2 hours after I found out about last positive test.
I also know that I was named as a contact by the positive person so no confusion from management.

I appreciate the thoughts dude.
Not so worried about getting seriously sick or dying as I’m just disgusted by lack of action.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Not so worried about getting seriously sick or dying as I’m just disgusted by lack of action.
Had a guy at work come in last Tuesday. Shortly after walking in he informed the manager that he just got a call and that his father (who he lives with, guy is young) had just tested positive. We were told nothing about it. Granted none of us are close contacts, but it struck me as wrong to put a cloak of secrecy around it.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
Had a guy at work come in last Tuesday. Shortly after walking in he informed the manager that he just got a call and that his father (who he lives with, guy is young) had just tested positive. We were told nothing about it. Granted none of us are close contacts, but it struck me as wrong to put a cloak of secrecy around it.
We are technically not allowed to say WHO tested positive, but when there are only ~22 employees, you figure it out pretty quickly. It's only been two people so far, and one no one will notice because he only works one or two Saturdays a month.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
We are technically not allowed to say WHO tested positive, but when there are only ~22 employees, you figure it out pretty quickly. It's only been two people so far, and one no one will notice because he only works one or two Saturdays a month.
As much as I understand the right to privacy, it kind of undermines introducing laws to prevent people from going out sick. You can't suck and blow at the same time.

gangsterkathryn

저승사자
Oct 20, 2015
As much as I understand the right to privacy, it kind of undermines introducing laws to prevent people from going out sick. You can't suck and blow at the same time.
I know, I just follow the rules.
People are still going to go to work or go out sick. That's just sadly how it goes because they either can't afford to miss work, or they just don't give a shit about others.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
Just got a text from union that I’ll be put on quarantine
Looks like they’re gonna do the right thing and basically send everyone home.

I understand the laws here for privacy but at this point most people shouldn’t be ashamed about getting it.
Also keep in mind that I‘m a California government employee, so that adds to the frustration when they blame private small business for the spread.

Rambo John J

Eats things that would make a Billy Goat Puke
First 100
Jan 17, 2015

I understand the laws here for privacy but at this point most people shouldn’t be ashamed about getting it.
Also keep in mind that I‘m a California government employee, so that adds to the frustration when they blame private small business for the spread.
Book a ticket to Dubai now
They are letting hardcores into the fights

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015

Up here everything is being blamed on "private gatherings" even though there isn't any data to support it. But the government has completely screwed the pooch so the easiest thing for them to do is blame the public.

MMAHAWK

Feb 5, 2015
If they're testing people as they go in, this might not be a terrible idea MMAHAWK @MMAHAWK
Yeah it’s an outstanding suggestion but it would likely require a quarantine when I arrived and Maybe when I returned.
also i think I might already be dealing with some minor symptoms.