General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

SC MMA MD

TMMAC Addict
Jan 20, 2015
Colchicine? And doubled the dose?

I’d recommend a new cardiologist. Lol

Maybe I’m missing something. SC MMA MD @SC MMA MD , what do think? Do you ever use colchicine for heart conditions?
Sure- we use it fairly routinely for pericarditis. Good evidence that colchicine for 6 months after Dx of pericarditis reduces the probability of recurrence.
I don’t currently use it in myocarditis, but there was a recent study that suggests it is effective in preventing progression of disease in post-viral myocarditis, and some of my adult colleagues have started using it in that setting. If additional evidence suggests it is indeed useful in post-viral myocarditis I will adopt it as well.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Sure- we use it fairly routinely for pericarditis. Good evidence that colchicine for 6 months after Dx of pericarditis reduces the probability of recurrence.
I don’t currently use it in myocarditis, but there was a recent study that suggests it is effective in preventing progression of disease in post-viral myocarditis, and some of my adult colleagues have started using it in that setting. If additional evidence suggests it is indeed useful in post-viral myocarditis I will adopt it as well.
*sits back down*

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Bucs coach damn near died from Myocarditis.

Arians was reportedly stretchered out of his home and taken to the hospital, where he spent multiple days in dire health. Thankfully, he's since recovered, but he could still have an uphill battle moving forward.

The Super Bowl-winning head coach had severe chest pains, before getting diagnosed with myocarditis.

NFL World Praying For Former Bucs Coach Bruce Arians (msn.com)