General Corona virus updates

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Bucs coach damn near died from Myocarditis.

Arians was reportedly stretchered out of his home and taken to the hospital, where he spent multiple days in dire health. Thankfully, he's since recovered, but he could still have an uphill battle moving forward.

The Super Bowl-winning head coach had severe chest pains, before getting diagnosed with myocarditis.

NFL World Praying For Former Bucs Coach Bruce Arians (msn.com)
wow. and he's been such a model of health for his entire life...

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
They can pressure doctors all they want, but they can't make policy. They certainly can't dictate that anyone who refuses a vaccination has to be put on psychiatric medication.
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (CPSO) regulates the practice of medicine in Ontario. Physicians are required to be members to practice medicine in Ontario. The role of CPSO and its authority and powers are set out in the Regulated Health Professions Act (RHPA), the Health Professions Procedural Code under the RHPA and the Medicine Act.

What we do:
Registration — Physicians are required to be members of the College to practise medicine in Ontario. The College’s Registration Department handles all inquiries regarding the registration process.

Quality — CPSO has a legislated mandate to ensure quality care is provided by physicians. Our QI Program is a proactive needs-based approach, which will contribute to improved quality of care, patient safety and will result in significant benefits to patients, providers and ultimately the healthcare system itself.

Investigations & Discipline — A central responsibility of CPSO is to respond to concerns and investigate complaints from members of the public about doctors in Ontario. If necessary, cases are referred to the Ontario Physicians and Surgeons Discipline Tribunal.

Guiding Professional Conduct — Develop policies to provide guidance to physicians about legislative/regulatory requirements and the expectations of the medical profession.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Guiding Professional Conduct — Develop policies to provide guidance to physicians about legislative/regulatory requirements and the expectations of the medical profession.
Read it with the non highlighted part. I'm surprised that you of all people don't know what an organization like this does. You're more than likely a member of the same type of org.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
Read it with the non highlighted part. I'm surprised that you of all people don't know what an organization like this does. You're more than likely a member of the same type of org.
No, I’m not.

Who do you think writes the “standards of practice” for physicians in Canada?

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
How the practice of medicine is regulated in Canada

Regulatory Bodies
The federal government’s authority over health care is limited to issues concerning spending, criminal law, patent regulation, aboriginal health services, and matters relating to the federal legislative authority of peace, order and good government, as prescribed under section 91 of the Constitution Act, 1867.1 Under spending, the federal government has the power to control the amount of federal health care funding allocated to each province.2 Provinces receive federal funding if their insurance plans fulfill certain criteria outlined in the Canada Health Act.3 In this capacity, the federal government is only acting to incentivize provinces to meet the criteria.4 The provinces are not legally required to comply with the criteria, unless the provinces want to qualify for federal funding.5

The provinces have constitutional power over health care, specifically insurance and delivery of care.6 Under this power, the provinces are responsible for regulating the practice of medicine within their jurisdiction.7 Provincially legislated bodies, known as ‘colleges’, are assigned the responsibility of regulating physicians.

Colleges: The majority of colleges have the same governance structure: a board/council and committees. The board/council acts as the primary governing body, developing physician standards and college policies and strategic direction and making disciplinary decisions. The board/council of each college usually holds a set number of meetings per year, during which votes are held on various issues. The committees discuss, research and analyze issues and make subsequent recommendations to the board/council. The board/council consists of provincially appointed non-physicians and elected physicians, and some boards/councils are required to include faculty members or the Dean of a provincial medical school. The committees are composed of appointed and/or elected physicians and non-physicians.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
The college of physicians. You're aware that SOP's aren't laws, yes?
You’re aware that policy and law aren’t the same thing, yes?

The bottom line is they determine if you can or can not practice medicine in their jurisdiction. And not following policies can be a reason for discipline.

So if you want a job and a paycheck you follow their policies.

I would say their recommendations carry a lot of weight, too.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
You’re aware that policy and law aren’t the same thing, yes?

The bottom line is they determine if you can or can not practice medicine in their jurisdiction. And not following policies can be a reason for discipline.

So if you want a job and a paycheck you follow their policies.

I would say their recommendations carry a lot of weight, too.
The topic of conversation is public health policy, not doctor conduct policy. One the college is in charge of, the other they most definitely are not.

Shinkicker

For what it's worth
Jan 30, 2016
I had corona virus work in Gary as a child in the 80’s but, I never volunteered to get the shot. I think o might have had some sent to me as weapon’s though. Defense and security for other’s. I thought I was fine and had a choice when I found out and hoped for the best. Medical malpractice mean’s something to me in recollection still. I find an odd system a lot.
Same here.

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
So many morons bought into the scamdemic and they don’t want to eat crow now that they know they’re wrong so they double down further. If anyone is vaccinated and needs to flush that shit let me know because I can help you out.
They gave me this bag when I had the booster, should I be worried?...tb,840x840,medium-c,1,198,600,600-bg,f8f8f8.jpg