Society Coronapocalypse USA decimation running death count

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
the surgical ones, or the the sewn ones, won't fog up...and they can be comfortable. they'll do a lot to keep your fingers away from direct contact with your nose and mouth. So far, the only indicator of getting the Bad COVID is the viral load...getting hit with a lot of virus or repeated exposure

It's just something that it takes a day or two to get used to. I worked in a clean-room for years, so it's just one of those things I didn't have a choice about. But I was doing maintenance work in a full bunny suit, that's a shitfest of suffering...a fabric facemask is an easy adaptation.

stay safe, fren.
People going to full scale wearing masks will turn this into an unimaginable disaster.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
You'll see.
Most people don't use them properly, and they give those same people a sense of bravery. The second people start widepsread wearing masks social distancing will fly out the window. Same phenomenon you see with sports after they introduce helmets.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Most people don't use them properly, and they give those same people a sense of bravery. The second people start widepsread wearing masks social distancing will fly out the window. Same phenomenon you see with sports after they introduce helmets.
100% agree.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
people are too stupid to act in their best interests.

some are, but they're going to do that shit anyway. People should be given accurate information, where's your evidence that 'most people will use them incorrectly'?

M

member 3289

So when do you guys think OP will make a sincere apology for not taking this seriously enough?

RaginCajun

The Reigning Undisputed Monsters Tournament Champ
Oct 25, 2015
New info just in. Corona death rate is 5 per 1 million ppl. Think of it like this......if you had a million dollars , you would have to give back $5 of it. That is a lot of money. You'd hardly have any left over. It's all gone

Damn, I never thought about it like that before. I wasn't worried before and thought people were blowing this thing out of proportion but with this new perspective that you've given me I've come to realize that I do not have a big enough stockpile of toilet paper...

Too swole to control

I’ll fight anyone on here except Sex Chicken
Oct 28, 2015
I would like to make a sincere apology for taking this lightly. The USA death toll is now 1751. It has gone exponomical if that is a word I don't know. But I'm very sorry. Heaven is gona have to add a 2nd floor for all these bodies.
Coronacaust 2020

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
people are too stupid to act in their best interests.

some are, but they're going to do that shit anyway. People should be given accurate information, where's your evidence that 'most people will use them incorrectly'?
Completely anecdotal evidence, but I'm yet to see someone wearing a mask in public that isn't ignoring social distancing protocol and taking them off repeatedly. Remember the woman that mowed dow the pedestrian with the autonomous car? That's what happens when you tell people "Do this and you'll be fine."

without data, you're just another guy with an opinion.
Kind of like the people saying that wearing masks is the solution?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I would like to make a sincere apology for taking this lightly. The USA death toll is now 1751. It has gone exponomical if that is a word I don't know. But I'm very sorry. Heaven is gona have to add a 2nd floor for all these bodies.
Coronacaust 2020

Can you publicly give us the line in the sand of deaths/hospitalizations that would be high enough for this to be serious and not overblown?

It's easy for you to act callous now. Cases are increasing and it takes weeks to die. But go ahead and stake a claim and let's see if we pass it.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Completely anecdotal evidence, but I'm yet to see someone wearing a mask in public that isn't ignoring social distancing protocol and taking them off repeatedly. Remember the woman that mowed dow the pedestrian with the autonomous car? That's what happens when you tell people "Do this and you'll be fine."

Kind of like the people saying that wearing masks is the solution?
Hong Kong, Taiwain, Singapore.

and dozens of studies like this

Mask use, hand hygiene, and seasonal influenza-like illness among young adults: a randomized intervention trial. - PubMed - NCBI

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
Can you publicly give us the line in the sand of deaths/hospitalizations that would be high enough for this to be serious and not overblown?

It's easy for you to act callous now. Cases are increasing and it takes weeks to die. But go ahead and stake a claim and let's see if we pass it.