Cris Cyborg accuses Dana White, Ronda Rousey of 'bullying' her in Facebook rant

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014

In a lengthy Facebook post, Invicta FC featherweight champion Cris Cyborg fired back at Dana White and UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey over previous comments they have made at Cyborg. Check out the Facebook post in its entirety below.

I find it Hypocritical of @rondarousey to complain about people in Hollywood being critical of her body image, talking about her arms or the extra weight she carries between fights.

For the past 5 years this same Ronda Rousey and Dana White have used the media to Bully me, opening the door for other opponents to try the same tactics.

Instead of talking about my fighting skills, they would rather use the Media attention to say like I look like a man, or that I Walk like Wanderlia Silva in a dress.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VqGQCYiODo

These comments are not made to promote a fight between the 2 best female fighters on the planet!!

they are said to make me feel bad, and are a weak attempt to bully someone into having lower self esteem.

Whether Ronda accepts the responsibility or not, she is a role model for millions of girls around the world and they listen to what she says, often times imitating her actions.

I am glad to see she is more sensitive to the issue of Bullying now that she is experiencing it for herself in Hollywood and hopefully with this comes more maturity and growth as a woman.

LINK: Cris Cyborg accuses Dana White, Ronda Rousey of 'bullying' her in Facebook rant - MMA Fighting

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Cris has a legit point here. Good for Ronda...bullying is bullshit, and I'm glad to see someone in her position speaking out against it. But at the same time, the hypocrisy is thick in this one.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Cris has a legit point here. Good for Ronda...bullying is bullshit, and I'm glad to see someone in her position speaking out against it. But at the same time, the hypocrisy is thick in this one.
Thick? Is that a fat joke?

dacofty

Yea..Ok..Whatever
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
what do you expect? when uncle dana doesnt get his way he resorts to bullying and is finding now a days that isnt working. He isnt getting the fight at 135 and he is butt hurt.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
says the chick who actually makes a living by beating up smaller women
Isnt she fighting people in her weight class? She's fighting in the highest weight class offered, so whats she supposed to do? Also, there's a ton of guys on the UFC roster than cut 30+ pounds to fight in their respective weight classes, and no one ever says a word.

jason73

Auslander Raus
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
how are you going to try to pick a fight with someone for 5 years and then turn around and call them a bully? honda scared honda run etc pot meet kettle

Narcosynthesis

Posting Machine
May 25, 2015
There is no hypocrisy at all on Ronda's part. Cyborg took steroids for years, which altered her appearance and gave her masculine features and she did it so she could have an advantage while beating up smaller women. She brought all the shame of that on herself. It was her choice to use steroids and cheat that opened her up to the ridicule. If Cyborg had never taken steroids and was just a natural killer with an ugly mug, would we even be having this conversation? I doubt it. Cyborg suddenly talking about bullying makes me think this is a case of the real bully meeting her match and not being able to take it.

Was it bullying when Cyborg, WHILE SUSPENDED FOR STEROID USE, posted the infamous photoshopped picture of Carano along with the words, "next victim...Ronda! No mercy!!!"?

What about this shirt Cyborg is wearing? Keep in mind, Cyborg outweighs Ronda by 20 lbs of ripped muscle. Imagine Robbie Lawler wearing this shirt, except the name on it is Aldo. Bullying?

What about when Cyborg weighed in at 152 lbs for a 145 lb fight against a woman who had fought as low as 128 lbs and the smaller fighter was "pressured" into going through with the fight. So we are talking about Cyborg who rehydrated back up to around 167 lbs happily beating up a woman who ate a lot of cookies and ice cream and still only weighed 143.5 lbs at weigh in. Bullying?

Cyborg's new bullying angle is filled with hypocrisy because it's all she's ever done in her career. She's never fought in a higher division and been undersized compared to everyone else, like Ronda did. Like every bully, Cyborg singled out those she could easily intimidate and push around. Also, like a bully she has no coping mechanism other than lashing out with words when someone decides to stand up to her intimidation tactics and refuses to meet her demands.

It's obvious who the bully is, her name is Cris Cyborg.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
Isnt she fighting people in her weight class? She's fighting in the highest weight class offered, so whats she supposed to do? Also, there's a ton of guys on the UFC roster than cut 30+ pounds to fight in their respective weight classes, and no one ever says a word.
Highest is Open weight where Amanda Lucas is hiding in Japan.. but they have 155 divisions also.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Cyborg can't do anything about how big her opponents are. The only person she's ever called out at a lower weight class is Ronda...who used to fight at 145 in Strikeforce, and 154 lbs in Judo. So is Ronda now fighting much smaller opponents as well?

You say Cyborg outweighs Ronda by 20 lbs of ripped muscle, but how do we know that? Cris walks around at 175. I have no idea what Ronda walks around at, but she isn't small by any means.

My guess is, she walks around at 165 lbs or so.

I have no dog in the fight, besides Dana being unprofessional w/ his comments. I like Rousey and I like Cyborg. If they fight, great. If they dont, it wont be the last fight that didnt happen. It's no secret that Cyborg popped 4 years ago, but for fucks sake...how long are people going to hang onto that?

Regarding Cris claiming she was bullied. Maybe she's talking about the fact that Ronda has talked shit (just like Cris has) but wont fight her at a Catchweight...but was willing to fight Carano at 145. Ronda Rousey willing to fight Gina Carano at 145 pounds, but not Cris Cyborg - MMAmania.com

I dont know and frankly, it probably doesnt matter because we'll likely never see this fight anyway. If it's not announced in January/February, for UFC 200, then it's not happening.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I am not a Rousey fan Narcosynthesis @Cerberus , but you make some valid points. Especially this one:
Gotta admit, that's a good point. But it should also be noted that she's been tested twice by the USADA in the last year and is apparently playing the rules now.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Gotta admit, that's a good point. But it should also be noted that she's been tested twice by the USADA in the last year and is apparently playing the rules now.
I agree. You say you don't have a dog in this fight. Well I favor Cyborg over Ronda any day. Narcosynthesis @Cerberus just a comment that I thought was eye opening. There are a couple of not-so-pretty fighters of whom the mma community (as a whole, not just TMMAC) are respectful toward, and give mostly positive feedback.

As far as steroids, I suspect many of my favorite fighters are/were users, so it's just something I don't dwell on. Maybe the sport will figure this issue out one day, but I doubt it. How many people were screaming PED abuse at Barnett when he beat Roy the other day? Probably none. How many tests has The War Master failed? I like Josh, I'm just making a point.

M

member 603

See Rory MacDonald vs BJ Penn as exhibit A....... It looked like me vs a 5 year old...... Granted a "hyperactive badass greatest 5 year old of all time" 5 year old...... You get the point

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
See Rory MacDonald vs BJ Penn as exhibit A....... It looked like me vs a 5 year old...... Granted a "hyperactive badass greatest 5 year old of all time" 5 year old...... You get the point
BJ wanted that fight though, so I dont fault Rory. I'm a huge Penn fan because he always wanted to test himself against bigger guys. It's what made him great and beloved by his fans...but it's also what tarnished his legacy to some extent as well. But yes, I get your point.

Ryann Von Doom

The Man
Jan 28, 2015
BJ wanted that fight though, so I dont fault Rory. I'm a huge Penn fan because he always wanted to test himself against bigger guys. It's what made him great and beloved by his fans...but it's also what tarnished his legacy to some extent as well. But yes, I get your point.
the fuck it does tarnish his legacy. Tarnishing his legacy would be killing some kids and saying he did it for satan or some shit. He's one of the top 5 of all time in mma.. So fuck this ideology that fighting a few times past your prime and losing tarnishes anything.

ChaosOverkill

Conor is ushering in the Chomochiq fashion era.
First 100
Jan 16, 2015
Ronda like so many, is a "Dish it but can't take it" type who lives in an aggressive bubble that she deserves special status.

M

member 603

I think to directly address Cyborg's comment here, she's correct... She was/is still being bullied by Dana and Ronda. We all get that 4 years ago she tested positive for PED's, but it hasn't been about that. The comments from Ronda have been "she looks like a man in a dress", and Dana has been right there too with mocking her for her looks.

Cyborg's comments about Ronda falls under the "things every fighter says about another to sell a fight from the Roman Colosseum times til UFC 193".... It's the cliche bravado..... Cyborg is the only fighter who gets talked bad about because her looks. I find it funny that on ESPN the other day, they mentioned that Ronda was upset and threatened to kill someone if they called her fat (she does get up to 165-170 when she's out of competition), yet she'll trash Cyborg and say she looks like a man in a dress.

And Dana... The shining mouthpiece for modern MMA.... The guy who constantly badgers and ridicules fighters in the media, and makes improper comments..... Mr "So you want to be an F'N fighter (and even though I only fight my waistline and steroid up with Jay Glazer, I'll mock real fighters)" ....... I loss my point..... F@@k Dana, he's a bully

OhWhopDaChamp

TMMAC Addict
Apr 20, 2015
The assumption that Cris Justino used steroids her entire career is baseless. Multiple failed tests by Barnett & Vitor would indicate steady usage, not one failed test by Justino.

I don't call Overeem nor Cerrone a chronic user because it's not a proven fact. One test is not a indicator repetitive behavior. She's passed more tests than she failed. Because I whored once doesn't make my vagina a chronic poon for play slit.

Dana was wrong for holding her up to ridicule, Ronda not really. As a potential competitor Ronda has the right to question her use based on a failure. She can be skeptical as could have White without trying to shame her as a woman.

I wish Cris would ease the fuck up on the purple eyeshadow and peach blush. Shit looks redickulous. I blame Tito's woman and have blocked her on Twitter for that cosmetic fuck shit :unamused: