Society Derek Chauvin Trial - Live Thread

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Filthy

Iowa Wrestling Champion
Jun 28, 2016
I'm coming in here late. So what is the law?

If the cop kneels on a healthy/non drug-taking person's neck for 9 minutes - without cutting off circulation or the airway - the person lives.
But if a cop kneels on a compromised dude's neck - can he be found guilty of manslaughter for possibly contributing to his death?

My assumption is that the main question is "Would Floyd have died anyway"
If that answer is "No", cop should be found guilty of manslaughter. Pretty tough to prove though.

Murder is a weird charge. I thought that had to be premeditated and deliberate, but I'm not sure.
Manslaughter makes sense.
premeditated usually just means you meant to do the thing you did, and you meant it in a way that could reasonably kill someone.

the issue with the officer is more like "would a reasonable person think that kneeling on a distressed man's neck for 9 minutes (continuing after the man had become non-responsive) would have a reasonable chance of killing that man"

you don't have to plan or specifically try to kill someone to be charged with homicide.

Freeloading Rusty

Here comes Rover, sniffin’ at your ass
Jan 11, 2016
Meth in his system as well no?
Im not arguing against that, I am not sure.

I just know, someone fading out due to a fentanyl overdose as insinuated in this thread, he would not be telling the officer he cant breath numerous times.

Eventually ones system can slow down so much they do stop breathing but by that point, they are unconscious.

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
Im not arguing against that, I am not sure.

I just know, someone fading out due to a fentanyl overdose as insinuated in this thread, he would not be telling the officer he cant breath numerous times.

Eventually ones system can slow down so much they do stop breathing but by that point, they are unconscious.
I revived my brother after a heroin overdose when I was 15....He'd relapsed and I found him....He was definitely in no mood or state to talk at the time.

Miesha's Taint

Miesha's Taint
Dec 3, 2018
I revived my brother after a heroin overdose when I was 15....He'd relapsed and I found him....He was definitely in no mood or state to talk at the time.
I'm in no way stating any facts on the trial
...Just my own experience....He'd stopped breathing and his face was blue and lips purple...Thankfully he sorted his shit out and now has children and a good life...Just wanted to clarify I'm no expert on fentanyl.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
If fentanyl delivered the fatal dose.

The judge must order the murder trial close.

FINGERS

TMMAC Addict
Nov 14, 2019
Fentanyl doesn't determine will.
It can still be murder with intent to kill.
imo it should be manslaughter with a tariff of murder.

you can have that over here and it carries a 25 year sentence.

the cop being an ignorant son of a bitch isn’t a defence over here,

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Formerly formulating formally
Jan 30, 2015
Either way this Chauvin prick needs to go down, he was negligent at best and had absolutely no regard for the mans life.

Floyd put on a ridiculous song and dance routine , as much of a pain in the balls that must be to deal with for a living, you can’t be that jaded that you have that much disregard for someone else’s life:

As soon as he stopped his whinging Chauvin should have checked his pulse, he might not have directly caused his death but he was 100% at fault for not rendering aid.

That idiot “MMA expert” that was there shouting in the cops face absolutely didn’t help either, what a wanker he was.

T

The Big Guy

Meth in his system as well no?
He was speed ballin. But in his defense that jackass with the red hat sold him percs with fentanyl and meth in it. So it wasnt necessarily George's idea to consume those drugs he was just looking to feed his percocet habit.

Pretty shitty friend he has there but that's obvious with the felony domestic abuse charges the state will probably drop for his testimony or atleast lower his sentence

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
Good for him.
Is the prosecutor's angle that the cop's behavior was a result of this dude criticizing him?
I think they are going for a hostile and threatening environment caused by the crowd, specifically this witness , may have influenced Chauvins behaviour, especially towards the end.

Also trying to say he was angry and escalating the tension on the scene, effectively undermining his testimony.

I suppose there is an angle there for maintaining the restraint on Floyd if he felt the crowd was a threat. Not really though.

BenAskrensStrikingcoach

Jan 30, 2015
He was speed ballin. But in his defense that jackass with the red hat sold him percs with fentanyl and meth in it. So it wasnt necessarily George's idea to consume those drugs he was just looking to feed his percocet habit.

Pretty shitty friend he has there but that's obvious with the felony domestic abuse charges the state will probably drop for his testimony or atleast lower his sentence
This the same wank stain that is pleading the 5th