Donations for the site...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Calavaro

IT questions? I got your back. PM me.
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
Donations like these only work if you commit to donate monthly. Otherwise it'll be top heavy with $ coming in early, but it'll stop very quickly.

Wouldn't it be better that those who donated got access to create questions for an eventual YouTube channel where you interview fighters (or whomever)?
Or create sub-forum where only paid members can post, and non-paid members can view (it could be a place where you allow ad posts, self serving posts, etc). Want to sell something? Sell it here to the community.
Or paid sticky posts. US$ 1 gets you a sticky post for 6 hours.
Or a paid fantasy or betting league.
Or get great deals from apparel companies, but only paid members get the discounts.
Or do lotteries. US$ 5 gets you a ticket and a 1 in x chance of winning <rare item>.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Donations like these only work if you commit to donate monthly. Otherwise it'll be top heavy with $ coming in early, but it'll stop very quickly.

Wouldn't it be better that those who donated got access to create questions for an eventual YouTube channel where you interview fighters (or whomever)?
Or create sub-forum where only paid members can post, and non-paid members can view (it could be a place where you allow ad posts, self serving posts, etc). Want to sell something? Sell it here to the community.
Or get great deals from apparel companies, but only paid members get the discounts.
Or do lotteries. US$ 5 gets you a ticket and a 1 in x chance of winning <rare item>.
Please don't do this IWEI

Priziesthorse

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I'm down to donate some bucks, but asking people to commit to donating monthly? aka a subscription model aka the UG.

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
We haven't asked for anything, nor will we. We'll put a donation button up and anyone that wants to support the site, can. If people don't, we'll figure out other ways to fund it.

IschKabibble

TMMAC Addict
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
I disagree with the idea that donations are "tacky". Tacky would be hiding basic features behind a paywall or cluttering the page with ad banners. The members here are super down to earth and it's apparent that most of us don't mind pitching in to help with server costs when needed.

La Paix

Fuck this place
First 100
Jan 14, 2015

I don't want to speak on behalf of Wild @I Wild Each It or Splinty @Splinty but I think this place was born out of a genuine passion for MMA and has no intent on having it set up like business. This place has awesome features and the content and members are growing at a good pace. It seems like a lot of things in this world that start this way are best left this way, once money is the motivator the original dream or vision gets clouded quickly and things to to shit at a rapid pace.

Feb 28, 2015
Lots of great ideas thus far, I trust our hosts will implement that which makes the most sense for this space. I'll certainly chip in and support whichever method(s) are worked out.

Calavaro

IT questions? I got your back. PM me.
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I don't want to speak on behalf of Wild @I Wild Each It or Splinty @Splinty but I think this place was born out of a genuine passion for MMA and has no intent on having it set up like business. This place has awesome features and the content and members are growing at a good pace. It seems like a lot of things in this world that start this way are best left this way, once money is the motivator the original dream or vision gets clouded quickly and things to to shit at a rapid pace.
Let's continue to throw stuff on the wall, and see what sticks... I rather have a thousand bad ideas with 1 good idea, than no ideas at all.

teamquestnorth

Lindland never cheated
Jan 27, 2015
Definitely approve of a donation button. Hopefully it accepts PayPal.

I'd donate 25% of my UG PayPal bets just to donate to this site. Weekly

Wild

Zi Nazi
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Anyone wanting to help support us could always buy a t-shirt. We make a few bucks, you get a quality shirt, and we get some exposure when you wear it. Win/win.

Shy Guy

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right...
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm also willing to pose nude for a TMC fundraising calendar.

SNIDELY WHIPLASH

DOOGOODER!!!!!!
Feb 16, 2015
"I spent the money to contribute to the website / community."

That's exactly why I did it too. I figured 'hey, I spend so much time on this site, I'll go the whole nine yards and get a Pro membership'.

I figured that the assholes just kinda came along with the deal, along with a couple of jackass mods who seemed (to me at least) to be nothing more than trolls themselves.

Then, after recurring problems with crashing really started to plague the site and bring about the scorn of several members, I figured a change for the better was on the horizon...

LOL, no such luck! The crashing problems were met with little more than apologies and empty promises, despite a lot of money coming in through ads and pro memberships.

But it was the constant fighter bashing that finally got on my last nerve. It wasn't just about my personal favorite fighters getting bashed, it was pretty much all fighters in general, even the ones I don't like myself. To the mods credit, maybe a lot of fighter bashing was deleted before I saw it..but I also saw a shitload of it going on in plain sight and I refuse to believe that it went unnoticed by every single mod on there. Fuckin forget about it!

Then you have mods and/or admins contradicting each other by letting banned idiots back into the mix, who were frozen for good reasons, because they didn't agree with the person who banned them. I realize that modding isn't an easy gig, but an obvious troll is obvious. It doesn't take a genius to spot them. Get rid of the fuckers. Forums aren't democracies, they're dictatorships...like it or not. Who goes and who stays is entirely up to the people in charge.

I don't really know what my point is here...other than the fact that I regret contributing money to a forum that I optimistically thought would change for the better when all along it was not much more than a turd circling the toilet bowl on its way out into the abyss.
I mean if we're going to just say it outright, the UG is built on the controversy of bashing members/participants of the sport.

The OG is built on bashing members/participants of anybody different than their core audience (guess who).

It's really TMZ-esque. Without those angles most everybody there would find greener pastures to be assholes on.

Both of those items generate quite a bit of web traffic, that's why to this day even the site admin pumps out controversial thread titles by the buttload, then claims innocence when you call attention to it.

Let's just call it what it is.

delightone

Insert Crown here
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
i would contribute a couple of bucks.

Maybe somekind of banner on top, with a donate button next to it.
That counts down from what you guys need monthly to keep this thing going smoothly.