Easy foods for camping trip?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

MMAHAWK

Real Gs come from California.America Muthafucker
Feb 5, 2015
Jiffy pop popcorn
Can make right over a open fire

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Make yourself a hobo. Sausage (or any type of meat really), potato cut into 1/2" squares, peppers, some butter, season it with whatever you want. Wrap it all up in aluminum foil. Toss it on the fire (directly on the cools) once you get drunk and almost hungry. Give it about 30 minutes and flip it. Give it another 30 minutes and pull it out, placing it under a chair so no dumb fuck steps on it. Give it about 15 minutes to cool. Cut it open with a knife and eat.

There is no better camp food.

Use the NON STICK Reynolds Wrap for the food wrap. Then double wrap that with the GRILL Reynolds Wrap.

Last edited:

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016

I went with mushroom, potato, onion, sausage and green pepper here. And I fashioned some chopsticks out of some sticks because I'm a boss.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
Have fun! I can't wait til November so I can get back in the woods again.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I camp/hike year round. But I much prefer the cooler temps. I have an annual event in Ohio - going on 10 years strong - where we camp either the week before or the week after the Super Bowl. The coldest temps we've had was 7 degrees. That weekend, we had to keep the beers close to the fire to keep them from freezing.

But typically we get pretty good weather. Usually highs in the 40s-50s and lows in the 20s-30s. Perfect camping weather. No bugs. No sweat. No problem.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
But typically we get pretty good weather. Usually highs in the 40s-50s and lows in the 20s-30s. Perfect camping weather. No bugs. No sweat. No problem.
Those are my ideal temps. My gear is comfortable down to about freezing which is all I need here. Had one 32°f night last winter and I was toasty.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Those are my ideal temps. My gear is comfortable down to about freezing which is all I need here. Had one 32°f night last winter and I was toasty.
I agree. This pic was from a few years ago. That morning was awesome. I was the first one up. I got the fire going again, brewed me up some coffee over the open fire and watched the sun come up. Nothing more peaceful than being out in the woods by yourself during a snowfall.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I agree. This pic was from a few years ago. That morning was awesome. I was the first one up. I got the fire going again, brewed me up some coffee over the open fire and watched the sun come up. Nothing more peaceful than being out in the woods by yourself during a snowfall.

I love those mornings! That's exactly why I go. Also the clear starry nights.

This is my set up.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I love those mornings! That's exactly why I go. Also the clear starry nights.

This is my set up.
Nice! The tent in my snow pic is my car camping tent when the wife comes along.

I hike with a Marmot Tungsten 2P.

Last edited: