Easy foods for camping trip?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Me filtering water on the AT. Gotta use what you got.

OK. I'm done posting unrelated pictures.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I just use a $20 filter from Walmart called Sawyer Mini.
That's what this is - well it's the Sawyer Sqeeze. This is the pouch I'm filling up. It got so hot and I was so dehydrated I was drinking straight from the spout. LMAO. Love that filter - and it's very handy how it screws onto a water bottle. I eventually ditched the pouch and started using plastic water bottles. One for dirty water, one for clean.

Chief

4070 = Legend
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
That's what this is!. This is the pouch I'm filling up. It got so hot and I was so dehydrated I was drinking straight from the spout. LMAO. Love that filter - and it's very handy how it screws onto a water bottle. I eventually ditched the pouch and started using plastic water bottles. One for dirty water, one for clean.
Hell yeah, works great. I go through a lot of water. I'll typically carry 3-4 litres between campsites and that doesn't include what I use at camp.

I keep a few iodine tablets for emergency, but have never used them.

Apr 3, 2015
obviously I know you are pouring that into a filter and not just a water bottle!!

I use either my Steri-pen or a Life Straw. depending on situation, load, water source. I have tablets but never use them. its more incase someone else in our group needs them or I come across someone in an emergency.

Mix6APlix

The more you cry, the less I care.
Oct 20, 2015
Try doing a beef tenderloin crusted with a mixture of bone marrow, parmesean and panko bread crumbs served over mashed Yukon gold potatoes topped with grilled broccoli rabe.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Try doing a beef tenderloin crusted with a mixture of bone marrow, parmesean and panko bread crumbs served over mashed Yukon gold potatoes topped with grilled broccoli rabe.
Or just take some hotdogs, a pack of buns and some mustard.

Leave the ketchup at home unless you are a commie.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
I'm going camping and need some food recommendations to bring on the trip.
If you have dry ice you can bring anything shit is dangerous if you don't know how to use it doe. We brought milk and cereal for a 4 day trip to yosemite and a lot of weed =).

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
On the west coast we need those steel bear boxes because food attracts brown bears,black bears and grizzlies a grizzlie tore the door off a car when I was at yosemite this only happens once a decade doe.

Jesus X

4 drink minimum.
Sep 7, 2015
Don't drink a ton of black coffee if you plan a 10 mile hike doe or you will have to squat shit infront of people in the wilderness. Luckily 20 years of Mexico prepared me for this =).

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Crack eggs into a plastic bottle.
I've done this before. It works providing you can keep them cold. Although if you are car camping it's probably just as easy to just take the eggs and crack them at the campsite.

Lord Vutulaki

Banned
Jan 16, 2015
I've done this before. It works providing you can keep them cold. Although if you are car camping it's probably just as easy to just take the eggs and crack them at the campsite.
We're talking about after you get out of your car right? Im probably wrong again lol

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
We're talking about after you get out of your car right? Im probably wrong again lol
For me "car camping" means you basically have your car close by at all times. So you can basically pack anything you want because you don't have to carry it too far. You sleep in a tent - but you can just as easily sleep in your car because it's only 20 feet away. Haha.

"Hiking" to me means you have a base campsite that you report back to each night or maybe every other night, but you are gone much of the day. So you can load up your car with whatever you need, and only carry what you need to sustain you on your hike.

"Backpacking" is carrying everything you need for the duration of your trip - be it 2 days or 5 days or whatever. You can't carry all the water you'll need (too heavy) so you have to take some sort of filtration system and get water from streams. For extremely long backpacking trips, hikers resupply their food at trail towns.

Phuckles

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
Oct 24, 2015
It gets no easier than mountain house freeze dried food.

Bonus: they are fucking delicious.

Disciplined Galt

Disciplina et Frugalis
First 100
Jan 15, 2015
Or just take some hotdogs, a pack of buns and some mustard.

Leave the ketchup at home unless you are a commie.
Wait a second, mustard which is as french as things get is capitalist and ketchup which Americans put on everything is commie? Worlds colliding.

madmav

Posting Machine
Jan 29, 2016
hotdogs, beans and marshmallows.. what could go wrong? also camp fire coffee is glorious.. pack light and stuff easy to cook and clean. have fun man..

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
Wait a second, mustard which is as french as things get is capitalist and ketchup which Americans put on everything is commie? Worlds colliding.
Some things just don't mix. Unless you are 4 years old or younger, hotdogs and ketchup should never be used together.

Apr 3, 2015
For me "car camping" means you basically have your car close by at all times. So you can basically pack anything you want because you don't have to carry it too far. You sleep in a tent - but you can just as easily sleep in your car because it's only 20 feet away. Haha.

"Hiking" to me means you have a base campsite that you report back to each night or maybe every other night, but you are gone much of the day. So you can load up your car with whatever you need, and only carry what you need to sustain you on your hike.

"Backpacking" is carrying everything you need for the duration of your trip - be it 2 days or 5 days or whatever. You can't carry all the water you'll need (too heavy) so you have to take some sort of filtration system and get water from streams. For extremely long backpacking trips, hikers resupply their food at trail towns.
my outdoor breakdown

60% backpacking

40% car camping (never at a campground, always with the jeep in the bush)

100% hiking. I always go on long hikes when out in the wild. which is like every week as we basically live in the wilderness.

Phuckles

Jet fuel can't melt steel beams.
Oct 24, 2015
No, steak is better.
Steak is better. Mountain house is easier. I have a little camp cook set. GSI dualist. It takes about 2 minutes to boil and dump it in the freeze dry pack. Chill out for 5 minutes and start eating.