General Electile Dysfunction: an election that lasts longer than 4 days is a serious medical problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I'm hearing people use the same logic here: If Trump loses it must be a fraud!
Also at his rallys this week Trump is calling on people like her to do exactly what she's doing...go act like idiots at the polls.

We're gonna end up with another Brooks Brothers riot and a supreme court drama.
We already aren't going to get all the counts on election day, so the only way we get a result is if there is an absolute electoral blowout to neutralize the late counts that have been court authorized.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I'm hearing people use the same logic here: If Trump loses it must be a fraud!
Also at his rallys this week Trump is calling on people like her to do exactly what she's doing...go act like idiots at the polls.

We're gonna end up with another Brooks Brothers riot and a supreme court drama.
We already aren't going to get all the counts on election day, so the only way we get a result is if there is an absolute electoral blowout to neutralize the late counts that have been court authorized.
images.jpeg

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
I wonder if the 2000 platform was the same as this one I can find:

Party values
The Reform Party's platform encompasses the following core issues:

Fiscal Responsibility — The Reform Party supports fiscal responsibility and accountability.

Tax policy — The Reform Party supports fair taxation policies without prejudice or special interest exceptions.

Job creation — The Reform Party supports an “America First” position.

Personal healthcare — The Reform Party supports affordable and accessible healthcare based on informed decisions between doctor and patient.

Education — The Reform Party supports equal access to and accountability for education.

Government and ethics — The Reform Party supports legislation and rules across all branches of government that enforce the highest ethical standards and effective oversight.

Environmental policy — The Reform Party supports safeguarding our nation’s natural resources balanced with the need for economic development.

Energy policy — The Reform Party supports energy independence from foreign sources.

Foreign policy — The Reform Party supports policies that respect the sovereignty of all nations, support our allies, and are fiscally responsible.

National security — The Reform Party supports policies and programs that best guarantee the security of our national borders, the safety of our citizens and the economic interests of our country.

Constitutional rights — The Reform Party supports the Principles established in the United States Constitution, Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence as our guiding principles for the rights of our citizens and for defining the scope of our Government.

Social issues — The Reform Party takes no stance as an organization on issues such as pro-life/pro-choice and gay marriage.[16]
—Reform Party National Committee, 2015

It's also interesting to see what has bled into Trumps current campaign that is founded from that time.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I wonder if the 2000 platform was the same as this one I can find:

Party values
The Reform Party's platform encompasses the following core issues:

Fiscal Responsibility — The Reform Party supports fiscal responsibility and accountability.

Tax policy — The Reform Party supports fair taxation policies without prejudice or special interest exceptions.

Job creation — The Reform Party supports an “America First” position.

Personal healthcare — The Reform Party supports affordable and accessible healthcare based on informed decisions between doctor and patient.

Education — The Reform Party supports equal access to and accountability for education.

Government and ethics — The Reform Party supports legislation and rules across all branches of government that enforce the highest ethical standards and effective oversight.

Environmental policy — The Reform Party supports safeguarding our nation’s natural resources balanced with the need for economic development.

Energy policy — The Reform Party supports energy independence from foreign sources.

Foreign policy — The Reform Party supports policies that respect the sovereignty of all nations, support our allies, and are fiscally responsible.

National security — The Reform Party supports policies and programs that best guarantee the security of our national borders, the safety of our citizens and the economic interests of our country.

Constitutional rights — The Reform Party supports the Principles established in the United States Constitution, Bill of Rights and Declaration of Independence as our guiding principles for the rights of our citizens and for defining the scope of our Government.

Social issues — The Reform Party takes no stance as an organization on issues such as pro-life/pro-choice and gay marriage.[16]
—Reform Party National Committee, 2015

It's also interesting to see what has bled into Trumps current campaign that is founded from that time.
Seems pretty reasonable for the most part.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Seems pretty reasonable for the most part.
yeah I agree but devils in the details on applying that stuff.
I thought libertarians didn't sound so bad until I found out they they oppose the 1968 civil rights act and borders. I disagree on both of those positions quite strongly.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I thought libertarians didn't sound so bad until I found out they they oppose the 1968 civil rights act and borders. I disagree on both of those positions quite strongly.
Yea, the devil is in the details I suppose.

BeardOfKnowledge

The Most Consistent Motherfucker You Know
Jul 22, 2015
Isn't their issue with the civil rights act more along the lines of government not dictating how private businesses should be required to conduct themselves?

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Isn't their issue with the civil rights act more along the lines of government not dictating how private businesses should be required to conduct themselves?
Correct. I mean I've heard some reasonably academic positions on it. Their ideas that you should be able to be racist in your own store. They believe that and time the capitalistic market would result in those stores choosing to serve everybody. Money overcoming racism. So they see the civil rights act as an imposition of government but also unnecessary to upend this harm.
Some go further and point to government authorizing various racist policies as a cause of this racism in itself. they feel that without government intervention in the first place there would be no racism here.

I find both of these positions somewhat fool hardy.
Racism exist outside of government. Blocking out minority groups exist outside of government.
While majorities have used the power of the state to further oppress minorities, I don't find the power of the state as the primary creator of this dynamic. And removing the power of the state did not correct a number of racist interventions in Jim Crow South.
Regional boycotts of minority groups like blacks existed. If the majority has all of the money and the majority will penalize each other for serving the minority, it seems that capital overcoming this exclusion is either unlikely or extremely far in the future.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
Correct. I mean I've heard some reasonably academic positions on it. Their ideas that you should be able to be racist in your own store. They believe that and time the capitalistic market would result in those stores choosing to serve everybody. Money overcoming racism. So they see the civil rights act as an imposition of government but also unnecessary to upend this harm.
Some go further and point to government authorizing various racist policies as a cause of this racism in itself. they feel that without government intervention in the first place there would be no racism here.

I find both of these positions somewhat fool hardy.
Racism exist outside of government. Blocking out minority groups exist outside of government.
While majorities have used the power of the state to further oppress minorities, I don't find the power of the state as the primary creator of this dynamic. And removing the power of the state did not correct a number of racist interventions in Jim Crow South.
Regional boycotts of minority groups like blacks existed. If the majority has all of the money and the majority will penalize each other for serving the minority, it seems that capital overcoming this exclusion is either unlikely or extremely far in the future.
To be fair to the position you're deeming foolhardy. If the Jim Crow hadn't been enacted to begin with, it wouldn't have had to be repealed. Regional boycotts of ethnic groups also continue to this day, people are just covert about it. I actually saw an interesting shift in money lending by auto manufacturers over the summer that will realistically only effect one group of people but because it's a policy that "applies to everybody" it's in no way, shape, or form discriminatory.

MMAPlaywright

First 100
First 100
Jan 18, 2015
I actually thought this to myself the other day, and thought "I wonder if Trump will be the man to make 3rd party presidential candidates viable?"
A friend of mine who donates pretty free to national level Republican candidates told me the other day that he believes Trump would run in ‘24 if he lost on Tuesday. He doesn’t have any sort of inside info, but he’s usually pretty well thought out on these things.

BeardOfKnowledge

Jul 22, 2015
A friend of mine who donates pretty free to national level Republican candidates told me the other day that he believes Trump would run in ‘24 if he lost on Tuesday. He doesn’t have any sort of inside info, but he’s usually pretty well thought out on these things.
It's kind of a unique thing in the U.S. where the president doesn't need to have party support to run, and win.