General Electile Dysfunction: an election that lasts longer than 4 days is a serious medical problem

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

Toelocku

*I Know What I Know if you Know What I Mean*
Dec 15, 2018
Foreign agent she is

Not to mention used to be a man

Not kidding
I'm angry this morning about it.
Twitter is full of people who actually believe this. The president is pushing it.
this is the exact assault on American institutions that people always complain about.
When discussing the institution of the executive branch and its appointments I think a lot of those complaints are overreacting. The executive branch doesn't necessarily have to look the way it's always looked. As such Trump is allowed to disrupt it.

But that isn't true for free and fair elections. Trump winning is not a criteria for a successful election and him acting like it is is harmful to America. It's anti-American, it's anti-patriotic, and I wouldn't care nearly as much if Millie's a people hadn't bought into this.
Well said...this election seems like it was legit and fairly done

Trump looks like hes going to lose fair and square...stirring up the crazies is no good

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
How are they cheating?
The theory is if they know the race is close, they start paying attention to zip codes for mail-in votes. Gather up the urban ones, discard the rural ones.

Some states don't start counting mail-ins until the in-person polls close, which increases the fear of fuckery. It's selected vote gathering.

ThatOneDude

Commander in @Chief, Dick Army
First 100
Jan 14, 2015
. Where do I start.... How about the threats of violence if Trump's elected. News coverage. Trying to change the way we vote. It's a long list and I urge you to open your eyes and take a look for yourself.
Can you be more specific on the threats of violence?
News coverage is cheating?
Who tried to change the way we vote?

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
The theory is if they know the race is close, they start paying attention to zip codes for mail-in votes. Gather up the urban ones, discard the rural ones.

Some states don't start counting mail-ins until the in-person polls close, which increases the fear of fuckery. It's selected vote gathering.
That's how the system has been, it's not cheating. People can track their mail in votes.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
The process is a bit jacked and does create the possibility of fuckery. But if people got their vote in legally it should be counted. 100%.

But I do think the entire process needs an overhaul.

Trump already screaming fraud is careless and disappointing - although not at all surprising.
I agree with you on all accounts. I don't know why some states allow mail in ballots to be processed and ready to count all election day and other ones don't even start opening them until election day.

There's too much state variation but also there's way too many attempts to make it more difficult for people to vote. Texas is a prime example where it can be very challenging.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I agree with you on all accounts. I don't know why some states allow mail in ballots to be processed and ready to count all election day and other ones don't even start opening them until election day.

There's too much state variation but also there's way too many attempts to make it more difficult for people to vote. Texas is a prime example where it can be very challenging.
A federal election should be federally mandated imo.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
That's how the system has been, it's not cheating. People can track their mail in votes.
I know.

Just explaining where the idea that fuckery might be going on. Not saying it's happening here.

It doesn't help that each state has their own individual procedures.

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
I know.

Just explaining where the idea that fuckery might be going on. Not saying it's happening here.

It doesn't help that each state has their own individual procedures.
Ah, I gotcha.

Agreed, for state elections they should be run how the states want, but we probably need federal elections to be run the same no matter what state it's in. That being said, everyone knew the rules prior to the election so all this whining is just a temper tantrum.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
You guys are missing my points. I'm not saying that any of this is happening.
I'm not. I get what you are saying. Just stating the theory.
I'm just saying that its the dumbest fucking thing in the world and is actually just borne out of someone 1> looking for excuses on why mail in ballots don't favor their guy (they don't win they are counted early either!) 2> hoping to make legal mail in ballots invalidated with no evidence

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
If/When Trump loses this election his greatest accomplishment as President will be that he prevented Hillary from being president. In my opinion he should be very proud of that. I hope if Biden does win maybe, just maybe the country can start to heal and come back together or else we are going to need a new war to do that, and I'd rather we not do that.

Dick Niaz

Yearning for TMMAC days gone by
Jan 14, 2018
This country needs to get more strict and consistent in their voting laws. While in most cases I prefer authority in the hands of the states, for a national election on the executive branch, I wish there were less variables. Apply the same standards and strict timeframes across the republic. Have the same voting methods and requirements. Have an efficient process to manage curveballs (such as broken machines, power outages, etc.).

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
This seems to be Trump's strategy as of right now.

Absolutely tactless and damaging, but I'm not surprised.

"Historically blue states that I barely won in 2016 while running against the least popular candidate in the history of the country went blue again... STOLEN WAAHHHHHHH"

ThatOneDude

First 100
Jan 14, 2015
This country needs to get more strict and consistent in their voting laws. While in most cases I prefer authority in the hands of the states, for a national election on the executive branch, I wish there were less variables. Apply the same standards and strict timeframes across the republic. Have the same voting methods and requirements. Have an efficient process to manage curveballs (such as broken machines, power outages, etc.).
Agree, I think this election will highlight that and maybe bring about that change.

Splinty

Shake 'em off
Admin
Dec 31, 2014
Agree, I think this election will highlight that and maybe bring about that change.
Not a damn chance.
Republicans sued to stop drive through voting (ID and an ipad in your car) in Houston because "a tent is not a structure" and then the same GOP leadership placed ONE drop off absentee box per county (independent of size, so millions of people, one location, hundreds of miles, one location). We've lowered polling places making voting lines take hours.

Republicans are 100% against mail in voting except older people that will favor them while Dems are 100% for mail in voting across the board (favors them).

With total opposite ideologies and fuckery like the above to limit legal votes in general, you would need a serious focus on America and not winning to get that done.

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
I don't think they should release any results until all the votes are counted.

Announce the results by state in alphabetical order, with a total electoral vote tally adding up as they go.

How's that for drama? It would be like watching a sporting event.

Maybe randomize the result release order so Wyoming doesn't always feel left out.

Sex Chicken

Exotic Dancer
Sep 8, 2015
Apparently a man who tries to suppress voting, has no respect for votes that are already cast, and is ready to subvert democracy to hold on to power, isn’t a red flag for people.