Sci/Tech Elon Musk becomes Twitter’s largest shareholder

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to Sign Up today.

NotBanjaxo

Formerly someone other than Banjaxo
Nov 16, 2019
Breaking news guys!

I'm hearing that Elon hopes his worst critics remain on Twitter, because in his view that is what free speech means.

Hauler

Been fallin so long it's like gravitys gone
Feb 3, 2016
Trump's DWAC getting SMOKED.

I guess he doesn't need a Twitter alternative if he's going to be allowed back.

Get ready for Trump's 3 AM tweets from the shitter. My body is ready.

M

member 1013

i’m gonna make a twitter account just to start unionizing tesla and space ex

M

member 3289

Trump's DWAC getting SMOKED.

I guess he doesn't need a Twitter alternative if he's going to be allowed back.

Get ready for Trump's 3 AM tweets from the shitter. My body is ready.
I'm finna laugh so hard if it turns out that part of the deal included a clause not to unban Trump

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
big big big moneys?!?
No.
I don't have big big monies.

But 16% is 16%

The stock is trading again. It will be interesting to see when the deal is finalized and where the share price goes. There should be convergence towards $54.20 - but sometimes goofy shit happens and prices go north of the agreed upon buyout price. I have no idea why.

M

member 1013

No.
I don't have big big monies.

But 16% is 16%

The stock is trading again. It will be interesting to see when the deal is finalized and where the share price goes. There should be convergence towards $54.20 - but sometimes goofy shit happens and prices go north of the agreed upon buyout price. I have no idea why.
*pretends to know stock stuff*

Hauler

Feb 3, 2016
*pretends to know stock stuff*

Haha

For every (1) share of Twitter you have, Elon owes you $54.20

The stock is currently trading at $51.70, so still a discount.

I don't really know why people would sell below $54.20; and I have no idea why people would buy higher than $54.20 - assuming he does intend to take it private.

M

member 3289

Brilliant move

While the takeover has been cheered by his followers, Mr Trump on Monday told Fox News he had no plans to re-join the platform and would instead stay on his own social network, Truth Social.

kneeblock

Drapetomaniac
Apr 18, 2015
As I said upthread, this is mostly just a side revenue project for Musk and it's likely Dorsey or someone Dorsey selects/approved will be directing the company soon. Behind the scenes Twitter has been going through upheaval due to a group of investors forcing changes, notably moving Dorsey out and getting a CEO more to their liking in. Musk will likely undo all of this and then either keep it as a side financial venture to raise capital for other things including building out web3 architecture or sell it to a Dorsey led or approved consortium of investors. People who think this is about speech or politics or whatever they think the platform means are missing the point. This is just capitalists doing what they do. Musk is the world's richest influencer, but otherwise nothing special, and this is good for his brand. I can only hope it leads to Twitter's demise because it's long overdue. I love it and have had a lot of fun there, but it's demobilizing for actual organizing and a cancer on the media ecosystem.